Windows 10: Missing files after latest update

Discus and support Missing files after latest update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm missing a folder which contained after effects files. It's just gone since I updated two days ago. I think this is update kb4551762 Has this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/waitwhet, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Missing files after latest update

I'm missing a folder which contained after effects files. It's just gone since I updated two days ago. I think this is update kb4551762

Has this happened to anyone else? Any tips on what to do? (If anything)

I'm pretty worried other stuff is gone too, I have my important stuff backed up though. I had just created this folder and the files in it in the past week.

submitted by /u/waitwhet
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/waitwhet, Apr 2, 2020

2. Files missing after latest Windows update

Hi,

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to assist you with the query.

I understand the inconvenience caused, now that you have me with you let me take care of this.

• What is the KB number of the update you have installed?
    To know the KB numbers of the failing updates, follow the below steps:

• In the search box, type Update, and then, in the list of results, click
      Windows Update.
    • In the left pane, click View update history.
    As an initial step, I suggest you to check the files on the Search bar on the taskbar. You can also check the files in the Recycle bin and restore them if you find any. You can also check for the files on any other user account on your computer,
    if any.

Step 1: I suggest you to boot your computer in Safe Mode and check if you can find the files on the computer.

Safe mode starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and services. If a problem doesn't reappear when you start your PC in safe mode, you can eliminate the default settings and basic device drivers and services as possible
    causes.

Refer the link below for steps to boot in Safe Mode.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Further if you still do not find them, you can try performing a System Restore to recover the deleted files.

Step 2: Perform a System Restore to restore the files.

System Restore is a feature that allows users to restore their system to a previous state. It offers a way to undo all the changes in the system files, registry keys, installed programs, etc., to a previous state, without
    affecting personal files such as documents, photos or e-mails.

1. Windows key + R to open Run window.

2. On run command type rstrui.exe and press
    OK

3. Select the restore point and follow the onscreen instruction.

Disclaimer: When you use System Restore to restore the computer to a previous state, programs and updates that you installed are removed.

Also, see: Find lost files after the update to Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/find-lost-files-after-the-update-to-windows-10

Hope it helps.

Do update us with the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Apr 2, 2020
  3. Burning Files To cdr

I tried to drag a .txt file to the burn list, as suggested above, but it will not drop in. I get a message "+add to burn list" but I cannot get it to drop into the burn list. Is there another step I am missing?

CathleenBaker, Apr 2, 2020
  4. Missing files after latest update

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

Missing files after latest update

1. Missing files after latest update - Similar Threads - Missing files latest

2. PIN now missing after latest update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PIN now missing after latest update: Since latest update, I now get this message when attempting to use my PIN: "Something has happened to your PIN,..."I now have to sign in with "my computer" password...
  3. PIN now missing after latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN now missing after latest update: Since latest update, I now get this message when attempting to use my PIN: "Something has happened to your PIN,..."I now have to sign in with "my computer" password...
  4. PIN now missing after latest update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Lost files after latest Microsoft Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost files after latest Microsoft Update: I have lost all my pictures and documents after Microsoft's lates update. This is the secount time this has happend, I was able to get a friend to restore, but hate asking AGAIN!! Why does this keep happening and how do I retrieve all my missing documents, files, photos,...
  6. MIssing .dll files since latest Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MIssing .dll files since latest Update: Since the December 10th 2019 update I no longer have the use of my Photoshop program. It appears I now have some missing .dll files. I tried uninstalling the updates to no avail. I have tried installing some file I was directed to some kind of CC++ files, downloading...
  7. Files missing after install of latest Windows 10 update 11-14-19

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files missing after install of latest Windows 10 update 11-14-19: last nite I noticed the pc needed an update so when I was done I told it to shut down and install update and went to bed. this morning I turned on the pc and the computer was reset back to new. desktop pic was changed back to original Microsoft. all desktop files were gone,...
  8. Files are missing after latest Win10 version upgrade. :(

Files are missing after latest Win10 version upgrade. :(: Hello A couple of days ago I upgraded to the latest version of Win10 (Ver 1903 OS Build 18362.295) I tell you I was not happy when I first noticed that my desktop pic had changed to a generic windows pic and Google chrome had reset as well and I had to log into chrome...
  9. After Windows 10 Latest update Nvidia is missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After Windows 10 Latest update Nvidia is missing: NVIDIA Geforce 940MX graphic drivers not working after latest windows 10 update. The option in right click mouse is also missing. I tried these settings in device manager Driver Update, Disable devices & Uninstall device. No change after this. when go to services.msc and...
  10. Missing file after update

Missing file after update: After upgrading my windows with a new update of windows 1903, I am getting a message saying : There was a problem starting C:\windows\system32\LogiLDA.dll The specified module could not be found. This message appears whenever my windows starts. What should I do ?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Missing nnxt patches after Upgrade