Windows 10: Missing files after sfc scan

Discus and support Missing files after sfc scan in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello dear Forum, my father's pc is missing after a sfc scan files which could not be repaired. Is there a way to reintegrate them? I know that NoelDP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Runout, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Runout Win User

Missing files after sfc scan

Hello dear Forum,

my father's pc is missing after a sfc scan files which could not be repaired. Is there a way to reintegrate them? I know that NoelDP was able to repair my system files in sevenforum by manually inserting them into the Bios menu before booting the system. Is this also possible under Windows 10? The CBS log is attached.

with kind regards

:)

Runout, Jul 26, 2019
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Missing VCOMP140.DLL

Hi Brenda,

Have you tried performing the
    SFC scan? If not, we suggest that you perform it. SFC will scan, fix and restore any corrupted and missing system files.
    To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.

Note:
    The scanning might take a while. Make sure that you
    DO NOT CANCEL
    the process.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jul 26, 2019
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    missing/unusable internet explorer icon

Hi,

One of the reasons why your applications is missing due to a corrupted system files. Have you tried running SFC
    scan? If not, we suggest that you run SFC scan to check and fix any system files that has been corrupted. To do so, please follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jul 26, 2019
  4. Missing files after sfc scan

Missing MSVCR120.dll file....where can I get this DL or repair it ?

Hi Barbara,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issue with missing .dll file this issue occurs when the system files are missing or corrupted.

• Do let us know when exactly you receive this error code and what is the complete error message of this issue?

I suggest you to run a SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 26, 2019
Thema:

Missing files after sfc scan

1. Missing files after sfc scan - Similar Threads - Missing files sfc

2. Corrupted files in sfc scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted files in sfc scan: Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C: Windows Logs \CBS\CBS.log. For offline repairs, details are included in the log...
  3. Corrupted files in sfc scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupted files in sfc scan: Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C: Windows Logs \CBS\CBS.log. For offline repairs, details are included in the log...
  4. SFC scanning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SFC scanning: I am trying to reset my PC and it keeps failing. so i read that if i SFC scan it may fix my problem, when I try to use command sfc /scannow it says this, "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service.". So I read that if I type, net start trustedinstaller,...
  5. SFC Scan

SFC Scan: Hi, i got everyday many bluescreens and this is a bit upset. I searched on google the different bluescreen codes i got (and there's a lot and different every time), and one of them told me to use the sfc scannow, and that's the output: https://pastebin.com/raw/v6E4UsLk...
  6. Sfc scan

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sfc scan: I am showing corrupt files that they could fix in sfc scan. I need instructions on how to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scan/d9cc5dec-8de1-46b8-9d8a-949425a7d303"
  7. SFC scan

SFC scan: When I run SFC scan , cmd displays that corrupt files are found but was unable to fix some of them. Here is the screen shoot : What should I do ? [ATTACH] *Moved from Virus and Malware forums*...
  8. SFC scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SFC scan: When I run SFC scan , cmd displays that corrupt files are found but was unable to fix some of them. Here is the screen shoot : What should I do ? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/sfc-scan/4933511a-fad9-4b65-91d6-adbfd7717e07
  9. Missing files after sfc scan

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing files after sfc scan: Hello dear Forum, my father's pc is missing after a sfc scan files which could not be repaired. Is there a way to reintegrate them? I know that NoelDP was able to repair my system files in sevenforum by manually inserting them into the Bios menu before booting the system. Is...
  10. Missing file after Malwarebytes scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Missing file after Malwarebytes scan: Hi there, i scanned my desktop awhile ago using Malwarebytes premium, it reported a few threats and quarantined it. I happen to delete all the quarantined files and am having a bit of a problem whenever i start my pc. i get an error stating that im missing an exe file (see...