Windows 10: Missing files after Windows drive repair

Discus and support Missing files after Windows drive repair in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Windows 10 64 bit Lenovo laptop run ”repair drive errors” and now I have missing files. Help me please... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by vespalavista, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Missing files after Windows drive repair

My Windows 10 64 bit Lenovo laptop run ”repair drive errors” and now I have missing files. Help me please

:)

vespalavista, Jun 23, 2020

2. Unable to create System Repair Disc with some files missing on Windows 10

Hi Duncan,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about creating a repair disc on your computer. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message of this issue?
    • How exactly are you trying to create System Repair Disc?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the SFC scan as System File Checker utility in Windows allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. If a
    Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

Refer: Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

Step 2: I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article about creating a recovery drive and check if it helps.

Create a recovery drive

For more information refer:
    Recovery options in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and with the required information. We will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 23, 2020
  3. OldGrantonian, Jun 23, 2020
  4. Missing files after Windows drive repair

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

Missing files after Windows drive repair

1. Missing files after Windows drive repair - Similar Threads - Missing files drive

2. recovery drive missing files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    recovery drive missing files: How do I create a recovery drive if I have missing files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-drive-missing-files/21a1efdd-9970-4657-a1df-bd8c0e736ac6
  3. Files missing after drive repair but still taking up storage space. How to find and recover...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files missing after drive repair but still taking up storage space. How to find and recover...: Hi, my secondary SSD was running on 100% disk usage earlier today, so I restarted my PC. It ran repairs on the drive, and now the disk usage is much lower and back to normal levels. However, now I have a new problem: a bunch of my files, predominantly from my Steam folder in...
  4. Files missing after drive repair but still taking up storage space. How to find and recover...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files missing after drive repair but still taking up storage space. How to find and recover...: Hi, my secondary SSD was running on 100% disk usage earlier today, so I restarted my PC. It ran repairs on the drive, and now the disk usage is much lower and back to normal levels. However, now I have a new problem: a bunch of my files, predominantly from my Steam folder in...
  5. Files missing after drive repair but still taking up storage space. How to find and recover...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. FILE MISSING AFTER SYNC WITH ONE DRIVE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FILE MISSING AFTER SYNC WITH ONE DRIVE: Hi,My file is missing after I first sync with One Drive,Please help, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-missing-after-sync-with-one-drive/17389351-27b7-4ee6-8af7-0b1a5fe197fd
  7. FILE MISSING AFTER SYNC WITH ONE DRIVE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FILE MISSING AFTER SYNC WITH ONE DRIVE: Hi,My file is missing after I first sync with One Drive,Please help, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-missing-after-sync-with-one-drive/17389351-27b7-4ee6-8af7-0b1a5fe197fd
  8. Repair corrupted and missing system files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Repair corrupted and missing system files.: 1st method try performing sfc 1. Open start menu 2. Type cmd 3. Run cmd as aministrator 4. Type sfc /scannow 2nd method dism In cmd type dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth...
  9. Missing files after switching to new drive for boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing files after switching to new drive for boot: So here is an interesting conundrum I'm curious if anyone can solve. Back at Xmas time I bought a new SSD, installed into my laptop and cloned my hard drive partition to it. I have been booting from the SSD since by manual changing the BOOT priority to boot from the...
  10. After reset, Windows needs to repair drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    After reset, Windows needs to repair drive?: My friend's 2 day old Toshiba laptop started giving System Thread Exception Not Handled error, and went into a rebooting loop. I researched this on the web, but none of the usual fixes for this issue would help. I decided to do a Reset, told it not to save any files....