Windows 10: Missing files, documents, photos and apps.

Discus and support Missing files, documents, photos and apps. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, upon turning on my computer, I discovered all of my side account of files, document, photos-everything, was gone. My computer looks as if it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ricketyrock, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Missing files, documents, photos and apps.

Hello, upon turning on my computer, I discovered all of my side account of files, document, photos-everything, was gone. My computer looks as if it were wiped clean and set to factory settings, like a reset. If I try to use an app like Microsoft Edge, it loaded as if it were new, as well as some other apps, too.

On my wife's and daughter's side account, everything is still intact; no files, pictures or documents are lost.

Anyone know what could have happened? Was this a Windows update gone wrong? Or could it be an app like System Mechanic maintenance or Apple iTunes update that had something to do with It?

Please help. Any answers would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ricardo.

:)

Ricketyrock, Dec 22, 2019
  2. robinpe Win User

Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Dec 22, 2019
  3. Ryan Mon1 Win User
    Windows Photos app - "It appears that the file was moved or renamed" when scrolling through photos

Hi,

There are several reason why this issue occurs. This could be a possible settings issue on Windows Photo app. For the first step resolution, we suggest that you perform a

System File Checker
    to scan and repair a possible missing or corrupted system files.

You may also try to reset the Windows Photo app by following the steps below:

• Press windows button + R
    • Type: %appdata%\..\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState
    • Delete all the contents of that folder

Note: If you follow the Windows Photo app reset it will go back to its original state. To avoid missing or corrupted files, we recommend that you backup the files.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ryan Mon1, Dec 22, 2019
  4. Missing files, documents, photos and apps.

Photo Gallery Missing Files

hi slartybart
    we're almost there...yes!!
    windows 2012 essential, installed all correctly, it is now found in my program & features. I wasn't sure what the next step would be. But i did check to see if Photo Gallery would work, but i received these errors which i have attached. I also attempted to download the file that was needed which i chose the first one, but after reading the details and OS requirement i was unsure if it.

Missing files, documents, photos and apps. [​IMG]

stressful1, Dec 22, 2019
Thema:

Missing files, documents, photos and apps.

1. Missing files, documents, photos and apps. - Similar Threads - Missing files documents

2. Microsoft Photos App - Missing Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos App - Missing Photos: Hi all,I am working to download all of the photos in the Microsoft Photos App to an external hard drive. Last night I had pictures on the app dating back to 1999. Now the photos only date back to 2012. I am praying I havent lost 13 years of photos.I checked my recycle bin to...
  3. Microsoft Photos App - Missing Photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos App - Missing Photos: Hi all,I am working to download all of the photos in the Microsoft Photos App to an external hard drive. Last night I had pictures on the app dating back to 1999. Now the photos only date back to 2012. I am praying I havent lost 13 years of photos.I checked my recycle bin to...
  4. Photos missing from app

Photos missing from app: I recently imported 2600+ raw photos into the Windows 11 photos app, over a thousand of them have vanished. Can anyone suggest how I can recover them , please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-missing-from-app/b81467e0-31c5-4836-a4f2-3f1b2b542b15
  5. Photos missing from app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos missing from app: I recently imported 2600+ raw photos into the Windows 11 photos app, over a thousand of them have vanished. Can anyone suggest how I can recover them , please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-missing-from-app/b81467e0-31c5-4836-a4f2-3f1b2b542b15
  6. photos and documents missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    photos and documents missing: Everytime there is an update all my documents and photos go missing from their folders. Where are they? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-and-documents-missing/1da10242-512a-4436-ba93-a3321fe682b4
  7. Apps, Documents, Pictures and Favorites Missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Apps, Documents, Pictures and Favorites Missing: I have Windows 10 version 1909. The last update to install was KB4541335 on 4/11/20. After the reboot the desktop was missing many of the shortcut icons I had on it along with the background pictured had changed. I clicked on the Mail icon and it faded to black with no...
  8. Photo App missing albums

Photo App missing albums: Hello after the last windows update all my albums I created over the months in the app got deleted or they are just gone. Someone who experienced the same or is there a way to recover these albums ? Thanks in advance...
  9. Files and documents are missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Files and documents are missing: I’ve bought a new computer and want to share all my files and documents from the old computer to the new one. I installed Windows 10 on my old computer two years ago. My new computer is HP laptop running Windows 10. My files were on OneDrive and I checked them a couple of...
  10. Microsoft Photos app missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Photos app missing: Hi, On our Windows 10 home computer my wife and I each have an account. Whereas I can run the Microsoft photos app, my wife cannot. On her account, when viewing 'apps & features' it does not exist. This is odd as the photos app must be a common app in the operating system....