Windows 10: Missing files from my onedrive

Discus and support Missing files from my onedrive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I attempted to move files from my unsynced onedrive, I used copy cut and paste to try to move it fully outside of the onedrive but somehow it ended up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Juicemensch, Jul 9, 2021.

1. Missing files from my onedrive

I attempted to move files from my unsynced onedrive, I used copy cut and paste to try to move it fully outside of the onedrive but somehow it ended up wiping every file from the universe. I've tried to see if I could restore to a previous version of both onedrive and the file but they don't have nearly all of the files I lost no matter how far back I go. No amount of spamming ctrl+z could bring the files back nor were they still in the clipboard to paste them back. Even a program to recover deleted files didn't find anything close to my lost files. Any ideas?

:)

Juicemensch, Jul 9, 2021

2. Onedrive

Hi Hiatt,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to refer the article Find
    lost or missing files in OneDrive
    for more information regarding the missing files.

If the issue still persists please follow the steps to contact
    OneDrive support for further assistance on this issue.

1. Login to OneDrive.com.
    2. Click the ? Help icon on the top banner of the page.
    3. Select Email OneDrive support for the further assistance.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Jul 9, 2021
  3. OneDrive Personal Missing 'Green Ticks'

Hi James,

The issue that you encountered regarding the program is may be caused by some files or components that are missing on the system. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you
    reset OneDrive using the Run commands. This process will restart the program to its working state and eliminate any software conflicts. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

• Click Start, type Run, and then press Enter.
    • Copy and paste the following command into the Run window and click
      OK.
      • %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset
    • Make sure that the OneDrive icon in the notification area of the taskbar will disappear and reappear after a minute or two.
    • If the icon doesn’t reappear after a few minutes, copy this command:
      %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe
      and paste it into the
      Run window, and then click OK.
    • Once you’re done, check if the issue persists.

Let us know if the suggestion works for you.

Joseph Ban, Jul 9, 2021
  4. Missing files from my onedrive

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jul 9, 2021
Thema:

Missing files from my onedrive

1. Missing files from my onedrive - Similar Threads - Missing files onedrive

2. Files missing from my laptop after deleting OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files missing from my laptop after deleting OneDrive: I received alerts that I am no longer receiving emails on my outlook as my OneDrive is full. So I turned off the back-up settings on OneDrive, and then I logged in to OneDrive and deleted the desktop folder and cleared the recycle bin. That resolved the issue and I started...
  3. Files missing from my laptop after deleting OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files missing from my laptop after deleting OneDrive: I received alerts that I am no longer receiving emails on my outlook as my OneDrive is full. So I turned off the back-up settings on OneDrive, and then I logged in to OneDrive and deleted the desktop folder and cleared the recycle bin. That resolved the issue and I started...
  4. my icon onedrive is missing from windows file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my icon onedrive is missing from windows file: My icn onedrive is missing from windos file. I following steps from link here:https://windowsreport.com/onedrive-missing-file-explorer/#:~:text=OneDrive%20not%20showing%20in%20File%20Explorer%20Windows%2010%20%E2%80%93%20If%20OneDrive,check%20if%20OneDrive%20is%20enabled.but...
  5. my icon onedrive is missing from windows file

my icon onedrive is missing from windows file: My icn onedrive is missing from windos file. I following steps from link here:https://windowsreport.com/onedrive-missing-file-explorer/#:~:text=OneDrive%20not%20showing%20in%20File%20Explorer%20Windows%2010%20%E2%80%93%20If%20OneDrive,check%20if%20OneDrive%20is%20enabled.but...
  6. Files are missing from my computer that are all stored on Onedrive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files are missing from my computer that are all stored on Onedrive.: This really blows. I can see the files that are missing from my PC on Onedrive, but I don't know how to get them back on my computer. They're both signed into the same accounts. This is Windows 10 and everything has just been updated....
  7. Files are missing from my computer that are all stored on Onedrive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files are missing from my computer that are all stored on Onedrive.: This really blows. I can see the files that are missing from my PC on Onedrive, but I don't know how to get them back on my computer. They're both signed into the same accounts. This is Windows 10 and everything has just been updated....
  8. Files are missing from my computer that are all stored on Onedrive.

9. Onedrive missing from File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive missing from File Explorer: My problem is when I open up File Explorer onedrive is missing. How do I get to show up? I'm running the most current home version on my HP laptop. I have tried to find a solution, but nothing applies. Help would be appreciated. Please note that in the Category list there...
  10. Missing files from OneDrive in file explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing files from OneDrive in file explorer: In my Personal one drive that's in file explorer I have a folder that's now empty. I think I can remember moving the folder out and then I put it back in but now it's empty so no idea what's going on. I do know that recycle bin is empty submitted by /u/TheRedDevils12...