Windows 10: Missing files on external drive

Discus and support Missing files on external drive in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Some part of my game back ups are missing. The missing parts classifield as system files. Is there any way to recover them without third party... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Emin AKSU, Feb 22, 2022.

1. Emin AKSU Win User

Missing files on external drive

Some part of my game back ups are missing. The missing parts classifield as system files. Is there any way to recover them without third party softwares or formatting. I can access like 250 gb of files but rest of all missing. And my external drive is tagged local disk, probably this is a problem too. This evening it said needs to repair and I clicked on check, it created some files as found.000/001... 57gb but I can do nothing with these files. Looks like don't have any malware, virus or something according to windows software.I couldn't upload multi screenshots so i upload them to imgur.

:)

Emin AKSU, Feb 22, 2022
  2. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Feb 22, 2022
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Regarding copying of files in external drive from pc

Hi,

The message that appeared on your screen may have occurred due to the possible missing files if you'll try to copy it that way. We suggest that you follow these steps on how you can copy the file together with it's properties:

• Right click on the application (Bully) and click Properties.
    • On the application properties window, under the Shortcut tab, click
      Open File Location.
    • The File Location window will open.
    • Select everything. Copy and paste it to the external drive.
    • The copying process may take a while depending on the type of files.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, Feb 22, 2022
  4. Missing files on external drive

External drive

Hi Richard,

There are several factors that can cause your external drive to not read DVDs even though the system is recognizing the device. This could be caused by a driver that needs to updated or corrupted files. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions
    below:

• Just to confirm, the device that is not working properly is a external DVD optical drive?
    • Were there any recent changes or updates installed on your computer?
    • Have you tried to plug the external drive to a different port on your computer?

As a initial recommendation, we suggest that your run the built in troubleshooter in Windows 10. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” in the top left corner.
    • This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on
      Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

This will check for common errors that affect hardware on your computer and attempts to correct them.

We look forward to your response after completing the steps.

Jordan Dom, Feb 22, 2022
Thema:

Missing files on external drive

1. Missing files on external drive - Similar Threads - Missing files external

2. Files go missing on external drive after system reboot...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files go missing on external drive after system reboot...: I have an extremely odd problem and I cannot find any information on it. It has only been happening since I bought a Windows 10 machine.Files go missing over and over again on my external USB hard drive after a system reboot. This can be a single file, a series of files or...
  3. Files go missing on external drive after system reboot...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files go missing on external drive after system reboot...: I have an extremely odd problem and I cannot find any information on it. It has only been happening since I bought a Windows 10 machine.Files go missing over and over again on my external USB hard drive after a system reboot. This can be a single file, a series of files or...
  4. Files go missing on external drive after system reboot...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Missing files on external drive

Missing files on external drive: Some part of my game back ups are missing. The missing parts classifield as system files. Is there any way to recover them without third party softwares or formatting. I can access like 250 gb of files but rest of all missing. And my external drive is tagged local disk,...
  6. Missing files on external drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing files on external drive: Some part of my game back ups are missing. The missing parts classifield as system files. Is there any way to recover them without third party softwares or formatting. I can access like 250 gb of files but rest of all missing. And my external drive is tagged local disk,...
  7. Missing D: External Disk Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing D: External Disk Drive: Hi, I've had my AlienWare PC for about 4 months now, and recently I can't find my external hard drive. My OS C: is still here, but My D: drive is missing, and I can't find it in File Explorer or Device Manager. Please help....
  8. Files on External Hard Drive

Files on External Hard Drive: can i edit, rename,delete, organize photos and files that are on an external drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-on-external-hard-drive/7f4616f5-8277-4ed5-88c1-fb019bcd810a
  9. reinstall missing external drive win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    reinstall missing external drive win10: reinstall missing external dive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/reinstall-missing-external-drive-win10/bc097b91-5de4-43be-b54b-ff581c5337e1
  10. One file missing from external drive on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    One file missing from external drive on Windows 10: I recently bought a brand new PC with Windows 10. I have an external drive that I use to backup files to. My backup method is a straight file copy i.e. no backup software is used. When I plug my hard drive into the Windows 10 machine, there is one folder missing when I...