Windows 10: Missing files on my DATA drive after restoring main w10 drive?

Discus and support Missing files on my DATA drive after restoring main w10 drive? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; BIt of a strange one this - for me anyway - but maybe a known issue which I hope some maybe able to shed light on? I still using version Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by EightK, Nov 12, 2020.

1. EightK Win User

Missing files on my DATA drive after restoring main w10 drive?

BIt of a strange one this - for me anyway - but maybe a known issue which I hope some maybe able to shed light on?

I still using version Windows 10 1809. On Nov 6th, I imaged my main OS drive (the only personal file on here which gets updated is a Veracrypt file) and also imaged my DATA ssd drive - so two separate images of two separate SSDs.

A couple of days later, my OS drive got corrupted (diagnosing PC etc - wasn't able to repair start-up), so I saved the VC file and restored the image I'd done earlier. After booting back up, I had noticed that the data drive was initally missing a few PDF files saved since the image on the 6th, but shortly appeared - so I thought all good.

Up until yesterday, I have saved a few more PDF files and some PNG files and a foler containing files. For some reason, my OS drive went into diagnosing mode (after updating a quality update), so I restored the image I made on 6th.

My concern now everything's back up is that those new files saved on my separate data drive are not showing. It only shows files up to 6th (when I did images of both drives). Does anyone know what might be causing this?

For info., I've imaged the data drive again using Macrium and free space shows 506mb (free space on 6th image was 540mb) so something is going on here. Maybe something to do with the OS image dated 6th?

Would appreciate any insights.

:)

EightK, Nov 12, 2020
  2. sumasage Win User

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Nov 12, 2020
  3. Restore W10 File History backup on W8.1 - possible?

Is it possible to restore a File History backup from Windows 10 to a Windows 8.1 installation? I do know it is possible to restore a backup from W10 to W10.

I am considering downgrading my laptop from W10 to W8.1. Obviously the first step is to back up all of my data there before reinstallation; if this is possible, then I don't have to manually copy my data to my backup drive, which should make things a bit
    easier.

nazeeya.ravens, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

Missing files on my DATA drive after restoring main w10 drive?

1. Missing files on my DATA drive after restoring main w10 drive? - Similar Threads - Missing files DATA

2. D drive missing in System Restore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    D drive missing in System Restore: System restore does not show D: drive after restoring an image, it does show in File Explorer and Disk Management. Ran SFC /scannow and no error found. System restore did show C: missing and that was fixed by disabling system restore for that item. I have checked BIOS and...
  3. D drive missing in System Restore

in Windows 10 Support
    D drive missing in System Restore: System restore does not show D: drive after restoring an image, it does show in File Explorer and Disk Management. Ran SFC /scannow and no error found. System restore did show C: missing and that was fixed by disabling system restore for that item. I have checked BIOS and...
  4. Missing DRIVE DATA D after accidentally Formatting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing DRIVE DATA D after accidentally Formatting: 2 days ago, I was tyring to free up storage on my local disk c but after latest windows update end of april 2021, I think some option was changed. The one option that I used is gone. Long story short, I found an option that I think was the new one, "Manage Storage Spaces", I...
  5. 2 data drives disappeared after restore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2 data drives disappeared after restore: I decided after many years I’d finally reset my laptop to factor settings and so after removing all that was needed I did the restore option that completely wiped all drives. After a long wait it restarted and did the windows 10 setup, but now I only have my OS drive and D...
  6. File Restore After Replacing Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Restore After Replacing Hard Drive: I recently replaced my hard drive and restored the data from the company that backed up my computer. However, I can not find my Work File. Can anyone help me find it?...
  7. Restore files after damaged hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore files after damaged hard drive: My hard drive died and was replaced by Dell. Fortunately I think my files were backed up to a Seagate external drive and I can find no clear instructions on how to restore/move my files correctly to my new hard drive. I have the Seagate dashboard but it doesn't seem to...
  8. Restore Windows 10 boot after replacing main hard drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore Windows 10 boot after replacing main hard drive.: I installed Windows 10 on a secondary SSD in my laptop which I added later, while the EFI partition is still on the main HDD. Now the old HDD has bad tracks and I replaced it with a new SSD. Since the EFI partition is gone with the HDD, the laptop won't boot anymore. I do...
  9. Moving Outlook Data Files From Main SSD Drive to Storage Secondary

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Moving Outlook Data Files From Main SSD Drive to Storage Secondary: HI All Is there a way to Move Outlook Data files from C:\ Drive to Storage drive, so far keeps going to D drive, tried a fix on a site I found, but no luck, any other ideas or get it to move lol. Version i'm using is office 365 109671
  10. W10 macrium mirror to be restored on a smaller drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    W10 macrium mirror to be restored on a smaller drive: My Windows 10 Acer V5 laptop has a ~430GB drive (excluding the system and W10 recovery partition), and I am creating a Macrium mirror copy and saving on a borrowed external drive temporarily. My plan is to subdivide the drive with Minitool as 150 system partition 150 for...