Windows 10: missing files windows 10 home

Discus and support missing files windows 10 home in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All, new to forum so apologies if I have the wrong option, I am running windows 10 home on an acer aspire laptop, I have customised all my file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by conrail, Sep 25, 2020.

1. conrail Win User

missing files windows 10 home

Hi All, new to forum so apologies if I have the wrong option,
    I am running windows 10 home on an acer aspire laptop, I have customised all my file icons for easy access,
    this morning when switching on I notice I have the standard windows folders, when going into my icons folder I find it empty, I also have 4 spreadsheets using libre office, they are all missing, just an empty folder, lucky I have them backed up elsewhere, there are a number of folders like this, I have tried a system restore to 2 weeks ago, my last restore point but they are still the same empty folders,, I have looked at my windows updates and I have 4 over the last 5 days,
    can anybosy help me recover my lost files and icons and can I safely delete these last updates?
    all help and advice appreciated
    missing files windows 10 home [​IMG]

missing files windows 10 home [​IMG]

:)

conrail, Sep 25, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 25, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 25, 2020
  4. missing files windows 10 home

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

missing files windows 10 home

1. missing files windows 10 home - Similar Threads - missing files home

2. Windows 10 Missing Files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Missing Files: Yesterday after turning off my computer for a few hours, when I turned it back on my desktop background was black and the shortcuts had been rearranged. I can't use the search button and my files are all missing. My hard drive still shows as having the space taken but I can't...
  3. gpedit.msc is missing in Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Customization
    gpedit.msc is missing in Windows 10 Home: I could not find gpedit.msc in my PC. Is there anyway that I can access it. I need to change the reserved bandwidth for my network. Regards, Deepu...
  4. Missing Windows 10 Files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Missing Windows 10 Files: My laptop appeared to have lost power whilst updating last week. Depending on whether I use the recovery media or the system drive to boot, I receive error messages 0x0000225 and 0x0000098. I have tried the list of bcd commands but bootrec /fixboot always comes back as denied...
  5. Windows 10 Files missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Files missing: My desktop frozed and I pressed down the power button to turn it off. When I turn it back on, it says “We cant sign into your account. This problem can often be fixed by signing out of your account and then signing back in. If you dont sign out now, any files you create or...
  6. Missing network computers in windows 10 home

Missing network computers in windows 10 home: i am trying to share a dot matrix printer between two computers, how ever on one desktop out of 6 i am unable to see any of the other computers on the network folder. and all 6 computer are on the same network with network discovery and file/printer sharing enabled on the...
  7. windows 10 files missing

windows 10 files missing: I think im missing system files but not sure which files.so there a way to recover the files ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-files-missing/5a2edb70-ca6c-450c-857e-fd35786d6661"
  8. Windows 10 Missing Files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Missing Files: Windows could not start the Windows Management Instrumentation service on Local Computer. Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified. When I try to access System Information, I get: Can't Collect Information Cannot access the Windows Management Instrumentation...
  9. missing windows 10 file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    missing windows 10 file: windows tell me that i am missing hrtvehrg file what can i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-windows-10-file/5e9930e9-6d43-47e4-a61f-562fe06a8b47
  10. Windows 10 Home desktop folders and files all are missing?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Home desktop folders and files all are missing?: My desktop files and folders all are missing? One of my desktop folders are MP3 files are missing and it is only one copy. Magically one of folder MP3 songs are able to be played in my music box in the playing list. It is only one copy. I have turned on OneDrive to...