Windows 10: Missing folder after the PC logged in to Temp profile

Discus and support Missing folder after the PC logged in to Temp profile in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; so i did the new windows 10 update wouldnt log me in put me in a temp profile i wasnt really paying much attention so moved a important folder onto my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GeminiOkina, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Missing folder after the PC logged in to Temp profile

so i did the new windows 10 update wouldnt log me in put me in a temp profile i wasnt really paying much attention so moved a important folder onto my desktop thinking i was now on the normal screen rebooted and woah and behold it put me in my regular profile now i can see the folder but when i try to open it it says moved so cannot locate it how do i get it back to my normal profile and desktop folder

***Modified title from: missing folder ***

:)

GeminiOkina, Aug 21, 2019

2. Windows temp profile

Hi..

I am facing the problem of temp profile login. I followed few steps stated in the websites like removing .bak from your SID. but it doesn't work. Still my profile is logging in to temp profile.

Please do suggest some solution

Thanks

SivaSankaran1, Aug 21, 2019
  3. Mike07073 Win User
    Logs into temp profile

I upgraded from windows 8 to windows 10 yesterday and when I logged in it said preparing windows, then said I was logged into a temp profile.

in the event log I have the following

event 1502

Windows cannot load the locally stored profile. Possible causes of this error include insufficient security rights or a corrupt local profile.

DETAIL - The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

(the online help goes to a page that is not available )

I also have an error 1508

Windows was unable to load the registry. This problem is often caused by insufficient memory or insufficient security rights.

DETAIL - The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

for C:\Users\mike\ntuser.dat

I can not use sfc because I do not have admin rights in temp profile

Logging out and logging back in gives same results...preparing windows then temp profile

Mike07073, Aug 21, 2019
  4. Vicky Acs Win User

Missing folder after the PC logged in to Temp profile

about temp folder

Hi Hector,

The temp folder provides work space for programs. Yes they can be deleted. We suggest that you follow the steps provided by Sangeeta Sarkar on how to delete Temp files on this

link
    . You may also type in the search box Disk Cleanup and hit enter. It will evaluate your disk and give you a list of folders sizes that can be deleted.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Regards.

Vicky Acs, Aug 21, 2019
Thema:

Missing folder after the PC logged in to Temp profile

1. Missing folder after the PC logged in to Temp profile - Similar Threads - Missing folder logged

2. Large log files in Temp folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Large log files in Temp folder.: My Laptop is creating very large log files in 'C:\Users\<name>\AppData\Local\Temp'. How can I stop creating these log files?This is a snap shot of the temp folder....
  3. Large log files in Temp folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Large log files in Temp folder.: My Laptop is creating very large log files in 'C:\Users\<name>\AppData\Local\Temp'. How can I stop creating these log files?This is a snap shot of the temp folder....
  4. Large log files in Temp folder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My profile has gone from my PC and now it logged me on as a temp profile

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My profile has gone from my PC and now it logged me on as a temp profile: Hi When logging onto my laptop it logged me into a temp profile, the email address associated to the window pro is no long active and I cant change anything on window 10 pro as it looking for the password for the old email...
  6. PC booting to Temp profile after an update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC booting to Temp profile after an update: After the latest update all my files were moved to a temp file, I know longer have access to Outlook and everything that was in my task tray has been removed. I have rebooted my PC several times over the last 4 days and tried several things on my own with no luck. I need...
  7. temp profile

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    temp profile: when i sign on it takes me to a temp profile, how do i fix this , i tried rebooting , signing out , reg fix etc can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temp-profile/abf8b124-e1ec-4254-9750-cf30bfd75020
  8. temp profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    temp profile: for the last couple of weeks every time I restart my pc and log in I get a different profile and it is temp. I can log longer use my original profile. I am using windows 10 and can't fine a user profile update or add etc. how can i fix this?...
  9. Issues with profile as data moved to Temp folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issues with profile as data moved to Temp folder: Everything has been moved to a C:\Users\TEMP folder. When I copy files back to This PC's c: drive (i.e. Documents, Downloads) the files are being synchronized with the TEMP folder files. I don't see any update history - any idea what happened here? Is there some kind of...
  10. Temp folder %temp %

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Temp folder %temp %: Hello I recently installed 2 updates from NVIDEA. I have run disc clean up and Ccleaner>Windows but this attachment says it all. I could use 'Unlocker' but do not want to do damage if the file should not be removed. Do you have any suggestions? TY Peter 43679