Windows 10: Missing folders and apps

Discus and support Missing folders and apps in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Today I turn on my laptop and find out that folders and some apps in the desktop vanished. How can I recover them? Even the open tabs in the browser... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Herlander Martins Lima, Jul 9, 2021.

1. Missing folders and apps

Today I turn on my laptop and find out that folders and some apps in the desktop vanished. How can I recover them? Even the open tabs in the browser vanished. Windows 10 Home Edition, Version 20H2Browser: Brave

:)

Herlander Martins Lima, Jul 9, 2021
  2. NdMk2o1o Win User

Split Steam app folder between 2 HDD?

As the title suggests I want to find out if there's a way I can split my steam app folder on to 2 drives, specifically an SSD that I will be putting my OS and most used games and apps and a regular HDD for everything else?

NdMk2o1o, Jul 9, 2021
  3. robinpe Win User
    Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Jul 9, 2021
  4. Missing folders and apps

Pinned & Recent Folder Missing From Explorer in Start

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the quick access and recently oped files option are missing. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Open File explorer.
    • Click on View and then Options.
    • Choose Folder and search options.
    • Under General Tab and under Privacy, make sure to place a check mark on Show recently used files and recently used folder in Quick access.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jul 9, 2021
Thema:

Missing folders and apps

1. Missing folders and apps - Similar Threads - Missing folders apps

2. Missing folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing folder: I'm missing the "FaceDriver" folder in C:\Windows\System32\WinBioPlugIns and I don't know what to do. I am using a 'HP pavilion Plus 14' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-folder/3b891e26-77ac-41ca-a14d-82264d7eebf0
  3. Missing folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing folders: What if I did move my folders while in temp account? Is there anyway to recover them? I get error message that they're not available ot may have been moved If they're gone great, at least I know not to keep waiting for help desk to follow up...
  4. Missing folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing folders: What if I did move my folders while in temp account? Is there anyway to recover them? I get error message that they're not available ot may have been moved If they're gone great, at least I know not to keep waiting for help desk to follow up...
  5. FOLDER MISSING

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FOLDER MISSING: I used to have a videos folder wich is so important in my pc and I doubt whether I have deleted it or not but suddenly I couldnt see that folder in my device and Its not even there in the recycle bin. But when I have searched for the video in windows C , then I found only one...
  6. Missing folder

Missing folder: HelloI've recently created a new "Favourites" folder in my video library to add some favourite videos to it. Whilst trying to move a video to a separate, different folder, my hand slipped and the moving process glitched. Then when I wanted to moved another video to the...
  7. Missing folders

Missing folders: How to find missng desktop folders https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-folders/0f9bbe9f-4164-46a5-803b-6626426ba712
  8. Missing folders

Missing folders: I use Surface Pro laptop where I downloaded several folders with pictures, formats jpg and cr2. They were on C: drive where I created a folder called Pictures. Those folders are missing. I don’t know how it could happen. Can I retrieve these folders?...
  9. Missing folder

in Browsers and Email
    Missing folder: Hi all, I finally bought a new desktop with win 10. On my old one I had a Hotmail account and two Comcast accounts using Office Outlook 2007. I wanted to use the new win 10 mail and consolidate my accounts. I got them all set up and working properly but the Comcast accounts...
  10. Folder Missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Missing: I connected my phone via USB and moved the pictures to a folder I created in Pictures. I know it was a mistake to use move instead of copy but at the time it looked like a good idea for what I was trying to do. I compressed some of the pictures to sent to a friend and...