Windows 10: Missing folders and icons from desktop screen

Discus and support Missing folders and icons from desktop screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I have a problem, after uninstalling Blizzard launcher, some of my desktop folders and icons disappeared. I don't know what happened,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mariangello, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Missing folders and icons from desktop screen

Hello,
    I have a problem, after uninstalling Blizzard launcher, some of my desktop folders and icons disappeared.
    I don't know what happened, everything worked until then.

Can anyone help me, please?

:)

Mariangello, Sep 24, 2019

2. Missing Desktop Icon Text

You can't rename or even create new folders, etc ... The icons are there I just took a screenshot to show what I was talking about. The icons are unclickable

Morrison5891, Sep 24, 2019
  3. Darshan J Win User
    icon screen

Hi Richard,

To help you better provide us with the information below.

• Which build is currently running on your computer?
    • Did you make any recent software changes on your computer?

As an initial step I would suggest you Right click on Desktop Window> View > Check Shows desktop icons, check if the desktop icons are back on desktop.

Check if the Icons or files are available in the My Documents>Desktop folder, check if icons are visible in the folder.

Get back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance.

Darshan J, Sep 24, 2019
  4. Mr McC Win User

Missing folders and icons from desktop screen

Weird desktop icon behaviour on Steam

Yes, they are; however, when I right click on the "blue sphere" icon to change it and browse to the corresponding folder inside the Steam folder, it lets me go through all the steps, but the blue sphere remains. *Confused Missing folders and icons from desktop screen :confused:

Mr McC, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

Missing folders and icons from desktop screen

1. Missing folders and icons from desktop screen - Similar Threads - Missing folders icons

2. Desktop Icon and folder missing and replace with new icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icon and folder missing and replace with new icon: After I restart my Windows 10 pro, all my icons, file and folder keep in desktop were missing and it show other software icons. I go check my desktop folder C:\Users\yourusername\Desktop\myloginname, all my icons, file and folder is there but it not shown in my desktop. Why...
  3. Desktop Icon and folder missing and replace with new icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icon and folder missing and replace with new icon: After I restart my Windows 10 pro, all my icons, file and folder keep in desktop were missing and it show other software icons. I go check my desktop folder C:\Users\yourusername\Desktop\myloginname, all my icons, file and folder is there but it not shown in my desktop. Why...
  4. Desktop Icon and folder missing and replace with new icon

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Bluetooth Icon missing from Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Icon missing from Desktop: I am trying to connect my wireless VR headset to my computer, but I am unable to do so due to the fact that the bluetooth icon is missing. I've tried troubleshooting bluetooth, yet it states my PC is not compatible, yet I used a wireless controller and have a internal...
  6. Desktop Icons Missing From Desktop Folder

Desktop Icons Missing From Desktop Folder: I was just starting to back up my C-drive important files in Windows 10 when I realized that there are several desktop folders, including a OneDrive folder, and all of them are missing several desktop icons. I have read read different threads on this subject and tried a...
  7. Some missing desktop icons and folders

Some missing desktop icons and folders: I had a shock a few days ago when I switched on my PC Windows 10 +all updates and booted up to the desktop. Instead of the usual 10 or so Icons, there were only 5 Icons. Even worse, when I started Windows Explorer, I found that My Documents was completely empty. Not a single...
  8. Desktop icons missing from desktop folder Windows10...Brand new computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop icons missing from desktop folder Windows10...Brand new computer: Hi All my icons are showing correctly on the actual desktop Windows 10, but when I open the desktop folder only some of them are there. Not sure why??? Thanks in advance for any ideas...
  9. desktop icon missing from user folder

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop icon missing from user folder: Hello! I'm having an issue with the desktop folder icon always disappearing from the user folder. The desktop folder is there but just as a plain folder. Found the post by Shawn Brink on how to check the desktop.ini file and that is good. Oddly enough I had a similar issue...
  10. desktop icons folders missing

desktop icons folders missing: I accidently pushed something all my icons on desktop are not visible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-folders-missing/527a04e5-6679-4ef3-9c15-69ae680eed23