Windows 10: Missing Folders & Files After External Backup

Discus and support Missing Folders & Files After External Backup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Not using the OneDrive Cloud or the Windows Backup Tool. Simply copying and pasting folders into an external hard drive. Now a ton of my folders and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AmyJarvis1, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Missing Folders & Files After External Backup

Not using the OneDrive Cloud or the Windows Backup Tool. Simply copying and pasting folders into an external hard drive. Now a ton of my folders and files have disappeared off of my computer as if I had cut & paste them instead, which I did not do. What happened? I already set everything possible to "Always keep on this device". Where did everything go? I've lost "My Computer", etc.... Do I have to go into my external backup and copy and paste everything back onto my laptop????

:)

AmyJarvis1, Aug 18, 2020

2. Files missing from Windows 10 backup to external drive

Backing up windows 10 to external drive noticed space used less than expected.

A full manual comparison and matching of the computer files and the backup content discovered 2000 images in some 15 folders missing from the backup.

Clearing the backup and repeating the auto backup process gave the same result.

I realize I can manually include these folders, but there must be a reason and a better way to be sure the backup is complete.

When carrying out the process I checked that the folders are not listed as being excluded.

JohnKHyland, Aug 18, 2020
  3. graye Win User
    Files missing from Windows 10 backup to external drive

So, what backup software are you using?

graye, Aug 18, 2020
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Missing Folders & Files After External Backup

Files missing from Windows 10 backup to external drive

Hi,

To better assist you, were you getting an error message or notification while doing the backup?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Aug 18, 2020
Thema:

Missing Folders & Files After External Backup

1. Missing Folders & Files After External Backup - Similar Threads - Missing Folders Files

2. Missing file on backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing file on backup: I've previously asked this question and had an answer which proved non conclusive so I'd like to try again with added info. When I do a backup everything goes OK except that I keep getting the message that one file was missing....
  3. Backup files to external disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backup files to external disk: Please help me to find out how can I do this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-files-to-external-disk/586ed305-b89e-43aa-b8ee-1992efd895ac
  4. backup files/folders

backup files/folders: I need to recover files/folders from backups performed by previous versions of Windows. I presently use Windows 10, and when I click on to select a folder, I get a message that the files/folders are not partitioned etc., and need to be fixed first. On Settings, it shows that...
  5. Backup files to external HHD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Backup files to external HHD: I want to backup files to the external HDD rather than PC HDD. Is it possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-files-to-external-hhd/f032e231-46f7-41a8-8d4c-43ab0b777e6b
  6. Backup folder not visible on external HD

Backup folder not visible on external HD: On my 2 Tb WD external drive I have some standard folders that are visible. However I cant find the WD backup folder. My standard folders take up less than 500 Gb and it shows only 1.07 Mb is available. File explore options" are set to "Show hidden files, folders and...
  7. File and Folder Backup

File and Folder Backup: Whenever I turn on my computer, I get messages: "file and folder backup missed a scheduled backup," "file and folder backup will start in [x] seconds," then "job cannot run because of invalid destination." How can I disable this whole process, so that I don't get these...
  8. files/folders missing after update

files/folders missing after update: WHERE ARE MY FOLDERS AND FILES AFTER AN AUTOMATIC UPDATE THIS WEEK? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/filesfolders-missing-after-update/d17ee6fe-c588-47e5-b518-3373d5ad5405"
  9. backup folder missing

backup folder missing: I selected a folder on my C:\ to back up in addition to the default folders. When I reboot my computer that folder is missing from my selected folders to be backed up. any ideas?...
  10. Backup File History doesn't appear to be working / Missing folders

Backup File History doesn't appear to be working / Missing folders: Greetings all! I've been working with my music library, and in a moment of confusion I lost a considerable part of my library. I couldn't recover from the Recycle Bin because when I deleted the files Windows informed me there were too many files and if I wanted to...