Windows 10: Missing folders from the "User's File" folder

Discus and support Missing folders from the "User's File" folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is weird. I've just done a clean install of Win10Pro64 (as I have many times before) and I have something odd happening with the "User's File"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LucianH, May 21, 2016.

1. LucianH Win User

Missing folders from the "User's File" folder

This is weird. I've just done a clean install of Win10Pro64 (as I have many times before) and I have something odd happening with the "User's File" folder icon on the desktop (put there from desktop>personalise>themes>desktop-icon-settings).

When I open up my user files folder using this shortcut, the Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, and Video folders are missing:

Missing folders from the "User's File" folder [​IMG]

The top folder shows what is displayed when I open my user folder from the desktop icon and the bottom folder shows what's in the actual folder C:\users\[name].

The "user's files" folder is obviously some kind of system folder but I've got no idea what determines what is shown and why some of the key folders are hidden. There must be some settings which define what is shown.

As I said this is a completely clean install. I have not seen this when I've previously installed Win10 - can anybody explain what could be happening?

Thanks in advance

:)

LucianH, May 21, 2016

2. The folder is empty

I see these options for you:

• Restore the missing files & folders from your external backup medium.
    • Ask a computer-savvy friend to examine your disk in detail.

Frederik Long, May 21, 2016
  3. "My Folders" are missing :-(

I've had problems with my N95 keep switching itself off, so i stopped using it for a while and used an old 6300.

After a couple of weeks, i thought i wouyld give the N95 another try and it seems to be working. However, all of the folders i had created, to store my received and sent text messages, seem to have disappeared :-(

When I go to "My Folders", it now only shows the "Templates" folder.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get these folders back, or where they may have gone? Is there a setting somewhere that points to where these folders are located?

Thanks.

newbie---01, May 21, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, May 21, 2016
  5. LucianH Win User
    LucianH, May 21, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Great when things can be fixed without major effort. I try to leave things alone now - noted people who relocate folders - as is supported by the OS- can get themselves into a real mess, so that's another to avoid.

Those folders get filled with folders created by installed programs as their work space, so I regard them as 'Their Documents' and use my own on another drive. Much safer. I have, however, relocated my desktop, although I keep little on it.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Missing folders from the "User's File" folder - Similar Threads - Missing folders User's

2. MISSING FILES IN USERS FOLDER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MISSING FILES IN USERS FOLDER: This morning, when I turned on my laptop, I realised that all my files and folders were missing. Luckily I was able to locate them at users. I moved the personal folders to the already pinned ones to locate them easily. I restarted everything just in case. When it turned back...
  3. MISSING FILES IN USERS FOLDER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MISSING FILES IN USERS FOLDER: This morning, when I turned on my laptop, I realised that all my files and folders were missing. Luckily I was able to locate them at users. I moved the personal folders to the already pinned ones to locate them easily. I restarted everything just in case. When it turned back...
  4. User Folder is Missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User Folder is Missing: I pulled a user's HDD from their PC to get some files from it. The drive boots fine and I can log in with the user's credentials, but I cannot get this PC to stay online more than a few seconds after Windows boots. The power supply is the culprit. We're replacing the PC since...
  5. User Folder is Missing

User Folder is Missing: I pulled a user's HDD from their PC to get some files from it. The drive boots fine and I can log in with the user's credentials, but I cannot get this PC to stay online more than a few seconds after Windows boots. The power supply is the culprit. We're replacing the PC since...
  6. User Folder Missing

User Folder Missing: Help!!!My user folder suddenly went missing on the USER FOLDER in Drive C, but I think it made it's own location. How to I get it back. I am the only user and admin of my computer btw.As you can see it is not here:But if you look to the left pane it is there and had it's own...
  7. User Folder Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Folder Missing: Help!!!My user folder suddenly went missing on the USER FOLDER in Drive C, but I think it made it's own location. How to I get it back. I am the only user and admin of my computer btw.As you can see it is not here:But if you look to the left pane it is there and had it's own...
  8. User Folder Missing

9. Files missing from folder

Files missing from folder: After I changed the icon of a folder on the desktop, all the files in the folder are missing. Also, all the subfolders in the folder are intact. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-missing-from-folder/6e4fec4d-3999-4826-9b92-2f7c3861b081
  10. Missing photo files in 'Users' folder

Missing photo files in 'Users' folder: Hello - after a Windows 10 update was done on my laptop, when it restarted I didn't see my own profile but a temporary one. Then when I looked for my photo files saved in 'Pictures' under 'This PC', no files existed - eeks! So then I looked in the 'Users' folder in the OS C:...