Windows 10: Missing folders in my Windows 10 mail

Discus and support Missing folders in my Windows 10 mail in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Today I was organising my mail and moving around some folders. I was happy with the results and could see these folders so I went on with some emails.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by debmac, Feb 10, 2020.

1. debmac Win User

Missing folders in my Windows 10 mail

Today I was organising my mail and moving around some folders. I was happy with the results and could see these folders so I went on with some emails. Clicking MORE again to use these folders showed that they were missing (including their contents).
    Any ideas how to find them or how they are stored so as to retrieve them?

:)

debmac, Feb 10, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 10, 2020
  3. Paola Gar Win User
    Windows 10 mail app crash when emptying folder

Hi,

In order for us to identify the reason why Windows 10 Mail app is crashing when emptying a folder, we'd like to get the following information:

• Have you made any recent changes or applied an update to your device prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages or error codes? If yes, send us a screenshot.
    • What happens when you try emptying a different folder? Does the same issue occur?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest emptying a folder in Windows 10 Mail app using the steps provided in the article below and then check if the same issue will persist:

How do I empty a folder in Mail for Windows 10?

Looking forward to your response.

Paola Gar, Feb 10, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

How to create folders in Windows 10 Mail?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to create Folders in Windows Mail app, we will certainly help you with this.

I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article
    How do I add or remove folders in Mail for Windows 10?
    and see if that helps.

You can also refer the article on
    Customize the folder list in Mail for Windows 10
    to organize the emails.

I hope the information provided by me is helpful for you.

Let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Missing folders in my Windows 10 mail - Similar Threads - Missing folders mail

2. What if my folder for Microsoft Live Mail is missing in REGEDIT?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What if my folder for Microsoft Live Mail is missing in REGEDIT?: I was trying to address the issue with Windows Live Mail that the last update caused with "mail can not be displayed" by applying the fix below to the following folder as described int his path.... however the last folder "Windows Live Mail" was not there? Its possible the...
  3. Folders in Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folders in Windows 10 Mail: I have set up many folders in my Windows 10 Mail, to keep emails organized. I went to a folder today, and it was empty! There had been many emails in there. I checked my other folders. A few still have contents, but most are totally empty! Is there any way to recover...
  4. Windows 10 Mail App Junk Folder Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail App Junk Folder Missing: Hi, My work email on the windows 10 email app doesn't have a junk folder when I go to "more" folders. I have junk mail that I need to access. My outlook email account on the same app has a junk folder when I click on "more" folders and is working fine. I've tried...
  5. Missing folders within Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing folders within Windows Live Mail: After updates, folders in WLM disappear. I have restored them before but nothing is working this time. The solution Compact View - clicking on the green plus sign does not work. I cannot find WLM in file explorer or through %app....% Please advise only for W 10 and WLM as...
  6. Contacts missing Windows 10 Mail

Contacts missing Windows 10 Mail: My contacts are missing from Windows 10 Mail. How can I get them back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/contacts-missing-windows-10-mail/4ce48257-f66e-4142-9a78-6f917caadb24
  7. Windows 10 mail folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 mail folders: How to keep Windows 10 mail folders on laptop only. Do not want them on my iPhone as well. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-folders/c3f476f8-e7cc-4940-b78f-c7f1b94bea95
  8. GMAIL folders missing from Windows Mail list of folders

GMAIL folders missing from Windows Mail list of folders: This issue seems to have been going on for years. I've seen lots of posts on different sites but there does not seem to have been any resolution. Essentially, when adding a Gmail account to Windows Mail, not all of the Gmail folders appear, specifically, the Sent folder....
  9. Missing windows 10 mail accounts

Missing windows 10 mail accounts: My w10 mail accounts disappeared. They are all frequently used. Suddenly they vanished. How do I reestablish the links to these accounts. I can't afford to lose all the info in these accounts....
  10. Windows Live mail - contacts folder missing

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live mail - contacts folder missing: I am using Windows Live mail (11) on a Windows 10 platform. Recently I noticed that my Contacts folder is missing. I can view the contacts when composing mail but I do not have a folder of them. 62493