Windows 10: Missing Fonts after Creators Upgrade and difficulty reinstalling them

Discus and support Missing Fonts after Creators Upgrade and difficulty reinstalling them in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Windows 10 Professional Creators upgrade completed yesterday at Version 1703, OS Build 15063.138. This morning I find that something like 5-10% of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sdean7855, Apr 13, 2017.

1. sdean7855 Win User

Missing Fonts after Creators Upgrade and difficulty reinstalling them

My Windows 10 Professional Creators upgrade completed yesterday at Version 1703, OS Build 15063.138. This morning I find that something like 5-10% of my fonts are gone. After rabbiting around, it seems that MS has nuked the fonts that came with Corel Draw (x5). I've found them in Corel's Extras as .ttf files, but when I go to reinstall one, it tells me it's already installed.

Missing Fonts after Creators Upgrade and difficulty reinstalling them [​IMG]

I install/replace it anyway (with no errmsg) but it doesn't appear in the font panel afterwards.

I have tried rebuilding the font cache, using this bat file found on the web:
    :: Stop and disable "Windows Font Cache Service" service
    :FontCache
    sc stop "FontCache"
    sc config "FontCache" start=disabled
    sc query FontCache | findstr /I /C:"STOPPED"
    if not %errorlevel%==0 (goto FontCache)

:: Grant access rights to current user for "%WinDir%\ServiceProfiles\LocalService" folder and contents
    icacls "%WinDir%\ServiceProfiles\LocalService" /grant "%UserName%":F /C /T /Q

:: Delete font cache
    del /A /F /Q "%WinDir%\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\FontCache\*FontCache*"

del /A /F /Q "%WinDir%\System32\FNTCACHE.DAT"

:: Enable and start "Windows Font Cache Service" service
    sc config "FontCache" start=auto
    sc start "FontCache"

but the font still is missing and the font panel still says it's already installed if I (repeatedly) reinstall.

Suggestions? "I have always depended on the kindness of strangers......."

:)

sdean7855, Apr 13, 2017
  2. Rohn007 Win User

Some fonts are missing after upgrade

You may not have to reset.

In WinVer check to confirm which version you have. If you have 1703 that is the "Creator's update", in which case, this next link may describe your problem

Fonts installed by using “Install as shortcut” are missing after a system restart in Windows 10 Creators Update

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...install-as-shortcut-are-missing-after-a-syste

Symptoms

Fonts that you installed by using the Install as shortcut option on a computer that is running Windows 10 Creators Update, Version 1703, are no longer available after a system restart. When this problem occurs, the missing fonts are not
    visible in the Fonts item in Control Panel or in the font picker list in Windows applications.

The list of missing fonts can include fonts that were installed before or after the computer was upgraded to Windows 10 Creators Update.

Rohn007, Apr 13, 2017
  3. LINDAKW Win User
    Missing Fonts after Windows 10 upgrade

I am missing fonts after Windows 10 upgrade. I have tried to reinstall the one of the fonts which is an open type font, but now the font shows up as rectangles. Not sure if I have others missing. I use a publishing program called PagePlus.

Any help would be appreciated.

LINDAKW, Apr 13, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, you could perhaps try completely uninstalling Corel Draw, with the help of Revo or Geek uninstaller (unless Corel provides a manual uninstall tool) then reinstall it.

That's the most straightforward and least demanding approach in terms of brain-power, I guess.

Note that added fonts are also removed if you do an in-place upgrade repair- which is essentially the same process as the upgrade. If so, it would seem an oversight.

dalchina, Apr 13, 2017
  5. sdean7855 Win User
    <sigh> way more than should have been necessary, but that's the way it is with computers....it's not how well the bear dances, but that it dances at all. Many thanks, dalchina!

sdean7855, Apr 13, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    I feel the pain.. but progress..

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Missing Fonts after Creators Upgrade and difficulty reinstalling them - Similar Threads - Missing Fonts Creators

2. Difficulty changing default font

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Difficulty changing default font: Hello! I am trying to set my computer to a new default font and have followed all instructions I could find. I get through all the steps and go to do the final restart and nothing has changed except I now have the new font accessible in Word. I'd really like to be able to use...
  3. Difficulty changing default font

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Difficulty changing default font: Hello! I am trying to set my computer to a new default font and have followed all instructions I could find. I get through all the steps and go to do the final restart and nothing has changed except I now have the new font accessible in Word. I'd really like to be able to use...
  4. Difficulty changing default font

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Difficulty with touch pad after reinstall latitude 3500

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Difficulty with touch pad after reinstall latitude 3500: I work in a new school, and e purchased the latitude 3550s for a programming class. Nightmare. The all in one keyboards need to be entirely replaced when kids damage the key boards. After waiting forever to get the keyboards, I went through the process (down to the...
  6. fonts missing pr corrupt after windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    fonts missing pr corrupt after windows 10 upgrade: I am now missing fonts or they are corrupt after upgrading to windows 10 from windows 7. My adobe elements no longer works properly due to the missing fonts and my taxcut program is also missing fonts and numbers....
  7. Fonts missing or corrupt after upgrading to windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fonts missing or corrupt after upgrading to windows 10: Several of my programs are now missing fonts or are corrupted since upgrading to windows 10. Photoshop elements and my tax programs are not longer working properly since the upgrade to windows 10. I am lost...
  8. Missing fonts following recent upgrade

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing fonts following recent upgrade: In the past week I installed a new hard drive and downloaded Office 365. My Publisher files are broken because the Futura Fonts I use are missing. I checked my other computer, and the fonts are missing there, too. Is this the result of a update? I tried adding optional...
  9. Creator Upgrade Removed Font Size Option -- HELP!!!!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Creator Upgrade Removed Font Size Option -- HELP!!!!!: Unfortunately I upgraded to Win 10 Creator's version not knowing that it removed the option to resize font size in icons and other elements. Is there a way to get this back?? Maybe through a registry tweak or something? I shouldve never upgraded knwing this stupidity was...
  10. Difficulty installing fonts in windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Difficulty installing fonts in windows 10: Can anyone help me with advice on installing fonts I have downloaded on windows 10. I have read other people have a similar problem but haven't seen an answer that helps me. The "File" drop down box in Fonts is supposed to have "install new font" but it doesn't. I am not a...