Windows 10: Missing Free Space in Status bar Network & Local Drives after AU

Discus and support Missing Free Space in Status bar Network & Local Drives after AU in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Used to be, when I highlight/select a disk in This PC or Network, the status bar at the bottom of the window would show Free Space (and I think total... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tzr916, Sep 21, 2016.

1. tzr916 Win User

Missing Free Space in Status bar Network & Local Drives after AU

Used to be, when I highlight/select a disk in This PC or Network, the status bar at the bottom of the window would show Free Space (and I think total space) on that disk.

After AU, all it says in the status bar is "X items 1 item selected". AND on Network drives, if I right click > properties > Size is ZERO bytes *Mad So now I can't even check the disk space left on my network drives unless I remote into that machine! sucks

:)

tzr916, Sep 21, 2016

2. Cannot install Windows 10 AU due to less disk space

Hi Matt,

As per the query, I would like to inform that you will not be able to install Windows 10 AU on the external drive. This is so, as the base Windows 10, is required for the installation of the AU to be completed successfully. Having stated so, I suggest that
    you refer to the article, How to free up disk space in Windows
    and check if you will be able to install Windows 10 AU after the procedure completes.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 21, 2016
  3. KB3189866 Network Drives Problem

Windows 10 AU was installed automatically the day after it went GA. Until this fix I had updates set to d/l & install automatically. As WinUpdt wants to constantly reinstall this patch I turned WinUpdt to d/l but NOT update and will not turn it back
    on until the Network Drive issue is fixed. Puzzled on the question on Win10 AU. KB3189866 is not AU.

MichaelNHarper, Sep 21, 2016
  4. tzr916 Win User

SOLVED: Had to re-enable Classic Shell options in IE 11.

tzr916, Sep 21, 2016
Thema:

1. Missing Free Space in Status bar Network & Local Drives after AU - Similar Threads - Missing Free Space

2. Local C taking free space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Local C taking free space: After updating to 21h1 version on Windows 10 Pro local C is taking space day by day with 1-2 Gb , I don’t know why , how can I fix it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-c-taking-free-space/aabb4945-417a-4521-a526-fb95aa29cc10
  3. Free space hard disk visual bar is missing in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Free space hard disk visual bar is missing in Windows Explorer: When I used to open up 'This Computer' file window in Windows Explorer, there is visual bar underneath my internal hard disks I have five internal hard disks that showed available memory space.I have tried using the fix identified in the February 20, 2016 Microsoft Community...
  4. Word 2019; Status Bar missing

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word 2019; Status Bar missing: I find that today I do not have a status bar in MSWord - so no page count, zoom,etc.: word 2019 I am not aware of doing anything to change any options; any ideas on how to get the SB back? Has the default window size changed (and if so how would |I reset it)? Thanks anyone...
  5. Missing Status Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing Status Bar: I recently had to reset my windows 10 pc. Everything is working better and properly except my status bar is missing. I have already looked and the "show status bar" optioned is checked. Need help please and thank you....
  6. .Local Drive Space

.Local Drive Space: I am unable to move or copy files from my Surface Pro 4 to an external drive. The process begins but stops and gives me a message that my local drive does not have enough space to complete the transfer. This does not make sense to me as it is the local drive upon which I am...
  7. Free space reduced after drive repair

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Free space reduced after drive repair: I've been having some issues with my disk constantly being 100% used by "system" after downloading and installing some windows updates, whenever I check in the task manager, I searched for solutions and found a number of methods including repairing my C drive. It was scanned...
  8. Local drive (F) has 43MB free space whilst OS and Data drives have many GB of free space....

Local drive (F) has 43MB free space whilst OS and Data drives have many GB of free space....: Local drive (F) is constantly running out of space whilst OS and Data drives have many GB of free space. How can I correct this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-drive-f-has-43mb-free-space-whilst-os-and/ac07109d-8cea-46f0-aaf3-e5b9f658831c"
  9. Network drives no longer show free space text

Network drives no longer show free space text: Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone has come across this 'feature' before ? For some reason, its only my network drives that no longer show the amount of free space remaining under the percentage full bar in the Tile view. I've tried resetting my views to default as per...
  10. Network drives no longer show free space text

in Windows 10 Support
    Network drives no longer show free space text: Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone has come across this 'feature' before ? For some reason, its only my network drives that no longer show the amount of free space remaining under the percentage full bar in the Tile view. I've tried resetting my views to default as per...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. status bar missing on mapped network drive