Windows 10: Missing generic bluetooth driver

Discus and support Missing generic bluetooth driver in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Trying to use my USB Bluetooth adapter I’ve had for a while on my recently built pc. It’s a generic Bluetooth adapter from eBay, plug it in and it says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DomT177, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Missing generic bluetooth driver

Trying to use my USB Bluetooth adapter I’ve had for a while on my recently built pc. It’s a generic Bluetooth adapter from eBay, plug it in and it says ‘Unknown usb device (device descriptior request failed)’ in device manager

I try to disable and update the driver and i don’t have the generic Bluetooth driver as an option to use.

Any idea where I can download this as I’ve googled it and none of them work, unless there’s another way to solve this?

submitted by /u/DomT177
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DomT177, Apr 28, 2020

2. generic bluetooth driver

Hello Jessica,

I'm Independent Advisor and Microsoft MVP, here to help you with your question.

I suggest you to download latest Bluetooth driver from your device manufacturer's website and install it.

Or you can try steps mentioned here to install generic Bluetooth driver:

https://www.kapilarya.com/bluetooth-missing-in-...

Let us know if this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya [Directly], Apr 28, 2020
  3. Windows Generic Bluetooth Adapter

Try the following. I had the same issue. However each time I update my computer with a new insider update I have to repeat these steps.

• In the search type" Device manager" and open it.
    • Click on the smal arrow next to either "Bluetooth" or "Universal Serial Bus controllers"
    • Right click on "CSR" and select Update Driver
    • Select" Browse my computer for driver update"
    • Select on bottom :Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my Computer"
    • Select "Generic bluetooth Driver"
    This will fix it and you will be able to use your Bluetooth now with no other problems.

Johan van Mierlo, Apr 28, 2020
  4. Marby Rey Win User

Missing generic bluetooth driver

Windows Generic Bluetooth Adapter

Hi,

It seems that the issue occurs after the Windows Update, we suggest that you download and run the

Windows Update Troubleshooter

If the issue persists, you can follow these steps to reinstall the Windows Generic Bluetooth Adapter.

• Go to Device Manager.
    • Look for the Windows Generic Bluetooth Adapter.
    • Right click, then select Uninstall.
    • Click

Missing generic bluetooth driver 4a7ee5b0-f801-4739-92e1-a4bb63816106.png
      to scan for hardware changes.

Let us know the outcome.

Marby Rey, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

Missing generic bluetooth driver

1. Missing generic bluetooth driver - Similar Threads - Missing generic bluetooth

2. Fix Generic Bluetooth driver missing in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Generic Bluetooth driver missing in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Some Windows users are complaining that they are not able to access their Bluetooth as they are not able to find the Generic Bluetooth driver. The issue has been recorded by various users, both running Windows 11 and Windows 10. If you are facing this issue, then you...
  3. Generic bluetooth driver wont uninstall

in Windows 10 Customization
    Generic bluetooth driver wont uninstall: i want to install my csr 4.0 drivers to the pc, but everytime i connect my csr 4.0 bluetooth adapter the generic bluetooth driver get auto installed even when the csr drivers are installed, is there a way for me to delete generic bluetooth adapter drivers completely from a...
  4. generic bluetooth driver for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    generic bluetooth driver for Windows 10: can't find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/generic-bluetooth-driver-for-windows-10/7564a125-28c7-4bd4-8d7e-3db217679266
  5. Generic Bluetooth Driver Code 19 error.

Generic Bluetooth Driver Code 19 error.: I've Windows 10 Home N edition version 2004 running. I found that Bluetooth was missing from my Dell Inspiron laptop. From official website I downloaded Bluetooth driver software that was ment for my operating system and I installed it. Then in devce management it shows...
  6. Bluetooth Generic driver not found for ZEXMTE dongle

Bluetooth Generic driver not found for ZEXMTE dongle: I bought a CSR bluetooth dongle. Manufacturer ZEXMTE says it is plug and play and needs no driver from manufacturer. Windows 10 cannot find a driver for it when searching online. I have a similar one on my other computer and it uses the generic bluetooth driver and works...
  7. Generic Bluetooth Radio no drivers issue

Generic Bluetooth Radio no drivers issue: I bought a cheap Bluetooth 2.0 adapter to use on an old Windows 7 computer with a Windows Mobile 5 PDA in order to write apps for it, but I can't manage to get the adapter to work. I tried on Windows 7 and no drivers were found, on Windows 10 and the driver was installed, but...
  8. No Sound, Generic Bluetooth Stereo Generic Audio Driver Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No Sound, Generic Bluetooth Stereo Generic Audio Driver Issue: The Device: Advertised as Universal. Capello Ci302 www.hellocapello.com -home stereo with fm, bluetooth, cd player, and aux, and remote control. pairs perfectly with Iphone and Samsung Android phone. requires Bluetooth 2.1 EDR Windows 10 home 1909 on Samsung...
  9. My generic bluetooth adapter drive is missing

My generic bluetooth adapter drive is missing: A couple of days ago, I connected my laptop with a bluetooth speaker. After reading, I realized that may cause some issues. I realized all my bluetooth devices, after disconnecting them, but still leaving them on, it says there is a driver error on each device. I know these...
  10. generic bluetooth driver

generic bluetooth driver: i need to install the genric bluetooth driver to my computer because update wont use my current csr driver just trying to find a safe download to put driver on my computer with windows 10...