Windows 10: Missing Google Chrome system notification icon.

Discus and support Missing Google Chrome system notification icon. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I am missing Google Chrome system notification icon. I already tried enabling in Chrome settings and I also tried turning it on Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Innil_, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Innil_ Win User

Missing Google Chrome system notification icon.

Hello,

I am missing Google Chrome system notification icon. I already tried enabling in Chrome settings and I also tried turning it on Windows 10 Settings. No matter what I do I can't get the icon back.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Innil_, Oct 4, 2018
  2. Xylee Del Win User

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Oct 4, 2018
  3. Google Chrome download

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall the application and download the setup files or install directly from Internet explorer by following the steps below:

• Open Internet explorer and type ‘www.google.com’ in the address bar.
    • To will get a notification on the right side of the browser to download and install Google Chrome.
    • Click on the notification and follow the prompts to download and install the Google Chrome application.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 4, 2018
  4. kjl1956 Win User

Why is google chrome showing up in win10 notifications ?

No option to turn it off as it doesn't even show under list of system or what icons to show on taskbar.

After doing some searches online find out this was a "feature added to google chrome" on win10, a deal with microsoft and google.

Conservative links in the notifications list only close the notifications with no results,; pure way to silence the right and conservative view.

Firefox or other browser will be my default and linux my os if this keeps up.

kjl1956, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Missing Google Chrome system notification icon. - Similar Threads - Missing Google Chrome

2. Virus Notifications On Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus Notifications On Google Chrome: I kept receiving VIRUS notification from a site "rqstz.titaniumveinshaper.com" and it says i have to buy a plan to make a scan and for remove the viruses,,,I opened any website which show redirect like something and ask for allow and i mistakenly allowed it and after that I...
  3. Virus Notifications On Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus Notifications On Google Chrome: I kept receiving VIRUS notification from a site "rqstz.titaniumveinshaper.com" and it says i have to buy a plan to make a scan and for remove the viruses,,,I opened any website which show redirect like something and ask for allow and i mistakenly allowed it and after that I...
  4. Virus Notifications On Google Chrome

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Can't turn on Google Chrome notifications in Systems->Notifications screen

Can't turn on Google Chrome notifications in Systems->Notifications screen: This is a PC that was upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11 several months ago. On the System->Notifications screen in the Settings app, I am unable to turn on notifications for Google Chrome. If I click the toggle, it turns back off immediately. If I click the on the bar...
  6. Can't turn on Google Chrome notifications in Systems->Notifications screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't turn on Google Chrome notifications in Systems->Notifications screen: This is a PC that was upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11 several months ago. On the System->Notifications screen in the Settings app, I am unable to turn on notifications for Google Chrome. If I click the toggle, it turns back off immediately. If I click the on the bar...
  7. Virus Notifications on Google Chrome

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus Notifications on Google Chrome: I kept receiving virus notifications from a site called, "beta-news.org". I clicked on some Captcha, which allowed the site to send me notifications. The notifications contained misspellings, and clearly seemed like a scam, trying to gain information about me. I disabled the...
  8. Google Chrome/Google icons gone missing...

Google Chrome/Google icons gone missing...: Got up this morning to check necessities on my computer but noticed something missing, it was Google Chrome and the Google icons on my desktop and task bar. Question: Because I opted not to use Microsoft Edge, Microsoft has not stopped me from using or accessing Chrome or...
  9. Google Chrome Icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google Chrome Icon: I uninstalled and reinstalled Google Chrome. My cursor wasn't visible and I was trying to see if that would fix the problem. When I reinstalled and opened google, the icon in the taskbar had a little user icon next to it when I reinstalled it. [ATTACH] It doesn't seem...
  10. Google Chrome icons.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google Chrome icons.: I keep getting a google chrome icon with a grey head in it on my computer. I understand this icon is for multiple profiles (whatever that means). I want to get rid of it. Internet advice says go the wrench in the top right hand corner of your screen, but Windows 10 has no...