Windows 10: Missing hard drive after win 10 install

Discus and support Missing hard drive after win 10 install in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently installed windows 10 on a computer as a dual boot with windows 7. In win 7 there were 2 hard drives and 3 optical with all being accessible.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by way2tall, Mar 2, 2020.

1. way2tall Win User

Missing hard drive after win 10 install

I recently installed windows 10 on a computer as a dual boot with windows 7. In win 7 there were 2 hard drives and 3 optical with all being accessible.

I partitioned the C drive and installed 10 successfully.

Win 7 still sees all drives as previously.

I have just noticed that my second hard drive is not found by windows 10. Looked in disk management, rescanned disks still not there.

All that is on the second hard drive are some files, photos and video types.

Any ideas where I go from here

:)

way2tall, Mar 2, 2020
  2. little cat, Mar 2, 2020
  3. Hard Drives missing after windows 10 installed

Hi Again,

I applied the first suggestion, but nothing has changed. It said that there were problems and that I had to restart the computer to apply changes, but I haven't notice any difference. Still cannot use drives

Tried second option, but on the Device manager, Disk drivers, there was no DVD/CD Rom drives. It only contained Ricoh Memory Stick Disc Device, Rico SD/MMC Disc Device and WDC WD 50000...so not able to update software, because it's not there...

Any other suggestions....

MariaCordova2, Mar 2, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Hard Drive Space Missing

Hi,

It is possible that hard drive space was missing due to a corrupted file system. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried deleting temporary files?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far aside from checked the hidden files?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Missing hard drive after win 10 install - Similar Threads - Missing hard drive

2. Upgrading to Win 10 after hard drive failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading to Win 10 after hard drive failure: My computer died right after Christmas. I bought a used one from a local business with Windows 7 professional installed. I would like to upgrade to Win 10 but can't get any info from my old computer. Help??...
  3. Win 7 install after hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 7 install after hard drive: My Dell Desktop PC came with Win 10. I hate Win 10, Could not duel boot with Win 7 so I debaned HD and tried to install Win 7. Would not install. Kept getting notice “Setup does not support configuration of or installation top disks connected through a USB or IEEE 1394 port.”...
  4. Win 7 install after hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 7 install after hard drive: My Dell Desktop PC came with Win 10. I hate Win 10, Could not duel boot with Win 7 so I debaned HD and tried to install Win 7. Would not install. Kept getting notice “Setup does not support configuration of or installation top disks connected through a USB or IEEE 1394 port.”...
  5. Hard Drive Failure after WIN 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hard Drive Failure after WIN 10 Update: Hardware Test Scan resulted in failure and a code: Q4U7HT-7SSAMR-XD7WLK60RR03I tried to put the code in HP but it said it wasn't valid. hp.com/g/techcenter/PcDiagsUpdate is still attempting to install a June security update that it cannot install. PC freezes and locks and...
  6. hard drive/ Win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hard drive/ Win 10: I have an HP touch screen laptop with a bad hard drive and wanted to install a hard drive froma Toshiba with problems but a good hard drive. I want to remove everything that has to do with Toshiba from the hard drive and load Windows 10. I had tried the Toshiba hard drive and...
  7. install Win 10 on external hard drive

install Win 10 on external hard drive: Hello, I wonder if there is a chance to install Win 10 on external hard drive (USB 3.0 ) I tryied win to usb but the free ver doesnt support the latest windown 10 1089 . Thanks in advance 131215
  8. install Win 10 on external hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    install Win 10 on external hard drive: Hello, I wonder if there is a chance to install Win 10 on external hard drive (USB 3.0 ) I tryied win to usb but the free ver doesnt support the latest windown 10 1089 . Thanks in advance 131215
  9. installing Win 10 on new hard drive

installing Win 10 on new hard drive: Hi I have a peculiar problem. recently my Lenovo G50-80 crashed. When inserting a bootable Win 10 repair/recovery flash drive, it would not boot from it even though boot order was changed accordingly in BIOS. I eventually resorted to removing the hdd, after which the...
  10. Missing Hard drive after installing Win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing Hard drive after installing Win 10: Hi, So my buddy installed Windows 10 and now one of his hard drives simply will not show up. It's listed in device manager but not in explorer. He had Vista installed and made a clean install of 10. Any clues how he should go about getting the drive to show up without...