Windows 10: Missing HDD Issue

Discus and support Missing HDD Issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a computer with 2 hard drives, one for system files and programs and another for personal data/storage. The personal HDD only shows up in Device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JoshBrown713, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Missing HDD Issue

I have a computer with 2 hard drives, one for system files and programs and another for personal data/storage. The personal HDD only shows up in Device Manager. It does not show up using wmic or diskpart in Command Prompt. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling the drive. In Device Manager, when I right click and go to the drive's properties, I don't see any volumes BUT if I press Populate, I see my data volume. So I know my information is still there, there is just no way to access the volume from File Explorer or even Command Prompt. One thing that I do see in the Volumes tab is that the partition style is Master Boot Record? Not sure if that's important. Any help would be amazing - I don't really want to lose all my data.

:)

JoshBrown713, Feb 5, 2019
  2. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Feb 5, 2019
  3. Ryan Pag Win User
    Files recently transferred are missing from HDD

Hello,

To help you resolve the issue about missing files from your HDD, please follow the steps below.

• Press Windows Logo + E to open File Explorer.
    • Click View on the top-left aligned to File button.
    • Search and check Hidden items.
    • Access the Hard Disk to check if files are shown.
    Get back to us for the result.

Ryan Pag, Feb 5, 2019
  4. Johankaan Win User

Missing HDD Issue

unlock hdd

Johankaan, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

Missing HDD Issue

1. Missing HDD Issue - Similar Threads - Missing HDD Issue

2. HDD Initializing issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HDD Initializing issue: Hi, so I just spend roughly $5500 on a new pc which has been working pretty great except for random freezing from time to time, the entire computer just kind of slows down then turns off then when I turn my pc back on my second HDD has vanished from my computer and when...
  3. Windows Update/Second HDD is Missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update/Second HDD is Missing: Hi, Today i was playing a game suddenly my laptop MSI intelR core TM i7-6700HQ, CPU 2.6 GH left the 2nd 1TB hard with twice double beep. Laptop automatically shutdown. Now i tried the different method to resolve this problem but nothing. i checked BIOS, Disk management etc....
  4. Missing HDD and CD/DVD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing HDD and CD/DVD: Hello Members, I hav been putting this off for some time, but because it is raining and gloomy I thought I would ask this now. My HP Pavilion Notebook ha two physical drives. A 2tb Hard Disk Drive and a CD/DVD. They are obviously working as I can power up and use the...
  5. External HDD Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External HDD Issues: I was given a 3TB hard drive that I am wanting to use for my son's PS4 as extra storage. In order to do so I need to format it to exFat. When I try to do that with my laptop it only shows 349GB as the size. I am trying to use Diskpart to determine if it is a "read-only"...
  6. HDD and SSD issues

HDD and SSD issues: Hello I recently reinstalled Windows 10 via USB due to an annoying virus that wouldn't let me reset my pc or install updates. I picked my D drive (which is usually my SSD to install the OS on as I was thinking I’d get faster speeds so why not) to install the OS on and the...
  7. Missing HDD in BIOS and Disk Manager

Missing HDD in BIOS and Disk Manager: I recently started having issues with Windows 7 and decided to upgrade the system in stages. I was running the following: C: Main WD 1TB Caviar Black (Windows 7 and most software) D: Photos (WD 500MB Caviar Blue) E: DVD G: Simulator software (WD 1TB WD Caviar Black) and all...
  8. HDD space issue

HDD space issue: Just installed a 1TB drive I had and after formatting it (Non quick method) it shows 929GB free of 931GB. Within Storage it says 1.60GB used out of 931GB but opening the drive using explorer it's empty. This is with the options set to show folders/files enabled for the drive....
  9. HDD Partition issues

HDD Partition issues: Hi all, I just got this laptop and I don't know what to make of the partition structure. It seems like a lot of wasted space. Here is a picture using Macrium: [img] What do you all think? Thanks, Jim 41343
  10. HDD Cloning issues

HDD Cloning issues: Hello, I have tried to "clone" a laptop, UEFI/GPT, HDD using Macrium and AOMEI Partition Assistant and it seems to work fine, but the resulting "clones" are not bootable. Am I missing something? Thanks, Jim 44246