Windows 10: Missing HDD Laptop

Discus and support Missing HDD Laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Some time in october, I decided to update windows, as I had been putting it off for several months. The next day when I went to use my laptop, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JojoGal, Jan 25, 2022.

1. JojoGal Win User

Missing HDD Laptop

Some time in october, I decided to update windows, as I had been putting it off for several months. The next day when I went to use my laptop, and found that the 1TB HDD was no longer being detected, leaving me stuck with only the 256GB SSD. I tried accessing the device manager and repeatedly scanning for hardware changes, as well as updating the drivers, but to no avail. I'm at a loss for what to do.

:)

JojoGal, Jan 25, 2022
  2. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jan 25, 2022
  3. Johankaan Win User
    unlock hdd

Johankaan, Jan 25, 2022
  4. Ryan Pag Win User

Missing HDD Laptop

Files recently transferred are missing from HDD

Hello,

To help you resolve the issue about missing files from your HDD, please follow the steps below.

• Press Windows Logo + E to open File Explorer.
    • Click View on the top-left aligned to File button.
    • Search and check Hidden items.
    • Access the Hard Disk to check if files are shown.
    Get back to us for the result.

Ryan Pag, Jan 25, 2022
Thema:

Missing HDD Laptop

1. Missing HDD Laptop - Similar Threads - Missing HDD Laptop

2. Missing HDD Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing HDD Laptop: Some time in october, I decided to update windows, as I had been putting it off for several months. The next day when I went to use my laptop, and found that the 1TB HDD was no longer being detected, leaving me stuck with only the 256GB SSD. I tried accessing the device...
  3. Missing HDD Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing HDD Laptop: Some time in october, I decided to update windows, as I had been putting it off for several months. The next day when I went to use my laptop, and found that the 1TB HDD was no longer being detected, leaving me stuck with only the 256GB SSD. I tried accessing the device...
  4. Missing HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing HDD: I boot into Win10 from an SSD, and save files to a HDD. After attempting some ill advised software changes recently AMD StoreMI removal I have lost the HDD. By which I mean it has disappeared from Explorer, though still shows as a numbered 1 but no letter designation drive in...
  5. Why Is My Laptop's Internal HDD Suddenly Goes Missing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why Is My Laptop's Internal HDD Suddenly Goes Missing?: I have 2 disk drives in my computer. One is the drive for my OS installed in 200+GB SSD and the other is a 1TB HDD. My HDD sometimes goes missing. But I'm thinking that it is because my laptop that is inside my bag that time fell on a concrete floor. I think I broke my HDD....
  6. Laptop hdd

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop hdd: My laptop hdd got into a boot loop with all my info and windows 10 and i got a new destop hdd but i cant nor aces my pc nor get the laptop hdd to get out of that boot loop what can i do...
  7. Missing HDD and CD/DVD

Missing HDD and CD/DVD: Hello Members, I hav been putting this off for some time, but because it is raining and gloomy I thought I would ask this now. My HP Pavilion Notebook ha two physical drives. A 2tb Hard Disk Drive and a CD/DVD. They are obviously working as I can power up and use the...
  8. Missing HDD Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing HDD Issue: I have a computer with 2 hard drives, one for system files and programs and another for personal data/storage. The personal HDD only shows up in Device Manager. It does not show up using wmic or diskpart in Command Prompt. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling the drive. In...
  9. Missing HDD in BIOS and Disk Manager

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing HDD in BIOS and Disk Manager: I recently started having issues with Windows 7 and decided to upgrade the system in stages. I was running the following: C: Main WD 1TB Caviar Black (Windows 7 and most software) D: Photos (WD 500MB Caviar Blue) E: DVD G: Simulator software (WD 1TB WD Caviar Black) and all...
  10. HDD missing in Win10, present in Win7

HDD missing in Win10, present in Win7: Hi guys, I hung out a lot in the 7 and 8 forums, but my first time here.... Strange problem plaguing my otherwise dependable system. Win 10 boots from a Samsung SSD, while win 7 boots from a 1 TB seagate HDD. Lately, this 1TB HDD is simply not detected when booting into...