Windows 10: Missing HDD

Discus and support Missing HDD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I boot into Win10 from an SSD, and save files to a HDD. After attempting some ill advised software changes recently AMD StoreMI removal I have lost the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NigelBardsley, Sep 18, 2021.

1. Missing HDD

I boot into Win10 from an SSD, and save files to a HDD. After attempting some ill advised software changes recently AMD StoreMI removal I have lost the HDD. By which I mean it has disappeared from Explorer, though still shows as a numbered 1 but no letter designation drive in Task Manager and Disk and Device Manager. In Device Manager it appears as Disk 1, Basic, Online, but no partitions show, and Properties lists it as MBR, 0 MB capacity, unallocated space and reserved space. Initialise does not appear as an option. If I attempt to convert to GPT I get "specified disk is not convertible

:)

NigelBardsley, Sep 18, 2021
  2. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Sep 18, 2021
  3. Johankaan Win User
    unlock hdd

Johankaan, Sep 18, 2021
  4. Ryan Pag Win User

Missing HDD

Files recently transferred are missing from HDD

Hello,

To help you resolve the issue about missing files from your HDD, please follow the steps below.

• Press Windows Logo + E to open File Explorer.
    • Click View on the top-left aligned to File button.
    • Search and check Hidden items.
    • Access the Hard Disk to check if files are shown.
    Get back to us for the result.

Ryan Pag, Sep 18, 2021
Thema:

Missing HDD

1. Missing HDD - Similar Threads - Missing HDD

2. Internal HDD D: Driver Missing From Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal HDD D: Driver Missing From Computer: Hi, so, this started a few days ago where I had gone into my D: drive's properties from this pc and unchecked "compress this drive". My screen flickered for a moment and suddenly my D: drive was completely gone. I tried restarting my laptop and it showed up for an hour before...
  3. Internal HDD D: Driver Missing From Computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internal HDD D: Driver Missing From Computer: Hi, so, this started a few days ago where I had gone into my D: drive's properties from this pc and unchecked "compress this drive". My screen flickered for a moment and suddenly my D: drive was completely gone. I tried restarting my laptop and it showed up for an hour before...
  4. Missing HDD Laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Missing HDD Laptop: Some time in october, I decided to update windows, as I had been putting it off for several months. The next day when I went to use my laptop, and found that the 1TB HDD was no longer being detected, leaving me stuck with only the 256GB SSD. I tried accessing the device...
  5. Missing HDD Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing HDD Laptop: Some time in october, I decided to update windows, as I had been putting it off for several months. The next day when I went to use my laptop, and found that the 1TB HDD was no longer being detected, leaving me stuck with only the 256GB SSD. I tried accessing the device...
  6. Missing HDD Laptop

7. Files missing location. Can't access many folders on my HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files missing location. Can't access many folders on my HDD: I've been working on a project recently and the last few days I had no problem accesing all my folders. I have my data on a D: drive HDD separate from my C: drive SSD.However when I tried to open a few folders today I got this message: "Location is unavailable. If the...
  8. Files missing location. Can't access many folders on my HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files missing location. Can't access many folders on my HDD: I've been working on a project recently and the last few days I had no problem accesing all my folders. I have my data on a D: drive HDD separate from my C: drive SSD.However when I tried to open a few folders today I got this message: "Location is unavailable. If the...
  9. Files missing location. Can't access many folders on my HDD

10. Files missing location. Can't access many folders on my HDD

Files missing location. Can't access many folders on my HDD: I've been working on a project recently and the last few days I had no problem accesing all my folders. I have my data on a D: drive HDD separate from my C: drive SSD.However when I tried to open a few folders today I got this message:"Location is unavailable. If the location...