Windows 10: Missing human interface devices and Mouse does not work anymore

Discus and support Missing human interface devices and Mouse does not work anymore in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I opened the device manager, and accidentally uninstall the human interface devices. How can I re-install it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JiajunHuang, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Missing human interface devices and Mouse does not work anymore

I opened the device manager, and accidentally uninstall the human interface devices. How can I re-install it?

:)

JiajunHuang, Mar 26, 2020

2. Human Interface Devices Missing

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3521 laptop. Recently, this machine has been acting strangely. So much so that I have rebuilt the OS (sanitized the disk and performed a clean Windows 10 install) several times in the last week. However, it always reverts back to its previous behavior.

The most repeatable aspect of strangeness is the touch screen will suddenly stop working after switching users, wake from sleep, restart, or power on from shutdown. Then sometimes after being powered off for an extended time, the touch screen will start working again; completely unpredictable.

In Device Manager, I observe that the entire Human Interface Devices category is missing when the touch screen is not working. There are several other drivers in the category, not just the touch screen; the entire category just disappears. I cannot discern any pattern of events which precipitates this behavior; it just happens without warning.

I've searched extensively but am unable to find reports of similar behavior. Any suggestions?

claytoncarney, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Human Interface Device

I cant turn on or off my human interface device like i used to.. For sometime now i am unable to deactivate my touch screen on my laptop. Any help

CELESTINEAMANKWAH-POKU, Mar 26, 2020
  4. Missing human interface devices and Mouse does not work anymore

Problem with HID (Human Interface Device) Drivers Missing

Hi,

It doesn't need to have two USB Input HID Driver, only one would work fine.

To check for possible cause of the issue, we suggest that you run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key. 
    • Type Troubleshooting. 
    • Click Hardware and Sound. 
    • Click Hardware and Devices. 
    • Follow the on-screen instructions. 
    If the issue still persists, uninstall and reinstall the driver.

Let us know how it goes.

Jesebel Ova, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

Missing human interface devices and Mouse does not work anymore

1. Missing human interface devices and Mouse does not work anymore - Similar Threads - Missing human interface

2. All Human Interface devices suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Human Interface devices suddenly stopped working: It just happened out of the blue. Every device stopped working for no apparent reason. Nor Bluetooth or Wired. When I open the windows settings and go to “Devices”, every single device says the same thing; “driver error”. I have tried uninstalling all of them and restarting...
  3. All Human Interface devices suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All Human Interface devices suddenly stopped working: It just happened out of the blue. Every device stopped working for no apparent reason. Nor Bluetooth or Wired. When I open the windows settings and go to “Devices”, every single device says the same thing; “driver error”. I have tried uninstalling all of them and restarting...
  4. Human Interface Device Service Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Human Interface Device Service Missing: After trying to set my ram to its factory speed in my motherboard bios, I had my PC bluescreen on me. This was no big deal, and after restoring my default ram settings I was able to boot into windows just fine. However, a side affect of the BSOD was that I lost use of my...
  5. Human Interface Device Service Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Human Interface Device Service Missing: After trying to set my ram to its factory speed in my motherboard bios, I had my PC bluescreen on me. This was no big deal, and after restoring my default ram settings I was able to boot into windows just fine. However, a side affect of the BSOD was that I lost use of my...
  6. Human Interface Device Service Missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Human interface devices missing following restore of Win 10

Human interface devices missing following restore of Win 10: Help I have spent hours on this ! PC - HP 11- p100na x360. Restored Windows 10 as a result no Pen or touch input is available for this display. Within Device manager the HID is only showing GPIO Lap top or Slate Indicator driver, HID compliant wireless radio control and...
  8. Human Interface Touchscreen Device

Human Interface Touchscreen Device: My touchscreen is damaged and is unusable. I have uninstalled the Human Interface Touchscreen device manager. However, the last three times I have restarted my computer the Human Interface Touchscreen has been re-installed on my computer. Which takes me about 20 minutes to...
  9. Completely Missing Human Interface Category from Device Manager

Completely Missing Human Interface Category from Device Manager: Hey there! I was having some trouble getting my touch screen to connect to my computer. The screen was working, but my computer didn't seem to register that it had a solid connection. I updated all my drivers just in case, and tried again. Still, the same problem. I updated...
  10. Human Interface Devices Missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Human Interface Devices Missing: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3521 laptop. Recently, this machine has been acting strangely. So much so that I have rebuilt the OS (sanitized the disk and performed a clean Windows 10 install) several times in the last week. However, it always reverts back to its previous...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mouse interface is missing