Windows 10: Missing icon in File Explorer search bar

Discus and support Missing icon in File Explorer search bar in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm at my wits' end here - for the longest time I've had this problem where there's a square in place of the magnifier icon in the search bar in File... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/megusviant, May 14, 2022.

1. Missing icon in File Explorer search bar

I'm at my wits' end here - for the longest time I've had this problem where there's a square in place of the magnifier icon in the search bar in File Explorer.

There's barely any threads about this bug online - the only one I found mentioned resetting default font associations (tried that, didn't work), and redownloading missing and/or corrupted font files (also didn't work). Also tried sfc /scannow, but that did nothing as well.

I also thought the custom theme I have might have caused it. I tried disabling it and uninstalling the theme patcher, disabling StartIsBack - still nothing.

Does anybody have any idea what might be the cause of this problem?

submitted by /u/megusviant
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/megusviant, May 14, 2022
  2. sturpe Win User

Cannot find Desktop Icon in File Explorer

Now that is interesting. If I do what you suggest, File Explorer Address bar changes to C:\Users\username\documents and the missing ICONS are there. But there is still not a "Desktop" folder.

Is this a step in the right direction?

sturpe, May 14, 2022
  3. File Explorer missing with Windows 10

Hi Maria,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if File Explorer is unpinned from the taskbar due to change in system settings.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• Is the issue specific with File Explorer?

If you have not tried to pin the File Explorer icon, then I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type "File Explorer" without the quotes in the search bar and right click on it.

3. Then click on Pin to taskbar.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, May 14, 2022
  4. Missing icon in File Explorer search bar

No home icon , no printer icon. also other icons such as address bar in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Are you referring to home icon and printer icon in Microsoft Edge or File explorer?
    • Are you referring Address bar in Windows File Explorer or any other app/program?
    For getting Printer icon, I suggest you to try running Printer troubleshooter and check if it fixes the issue. To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Printer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, May 14, 2022
Thema:

Missing icon in File Explorer search bar

1. Missing icon in File Explorer search bar - Similar Threads - Missing icon File

2. Search Highlights icon on search bar missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search Highlights icon on search bar missing: Hello to all,I've been having issues with my search bar icon and Bing highlights. After an update on my laptop, which was stuck in 100% and could not move, I turned on and off my laptop to "prevent" the update from taking a long time and not wanting to proceed. On the next...
  3. Search Highlights icon on search bar missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search Highlights icon on search bar missing: Hello to all,I've been having issues with my search bar icon and Bing highlights. After an update on my laptop, which was stuck in 100% and could not move, I turned on and off my laptop to "prevent" the update from taking a long time and not wanting to proceed. On the next...
  4. Search Highlights icon on search bar missing

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. App icons in the search bar missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App icons in the search bar missing: When ever I go to search for apps through the taskbar search, none of the proper app icons appear.This happened yesterday and I figured if I just restarted it would go away. I don't remember touching any settings that could possibly do this. If anyone knows how to fix this it...
  6. App icons in the search bar missing

App icons in the search bar missing: When ever I go to search for apps through the taskbar search, none of the proper app icons appear.This happened yesterday and I figured if I just restarted it would go away. I don't remember touching any settings that could possibly do this. If anyone knows how to fix this it...
  7. Icons are missing from Search Bar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icons are missing from Search Bar?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/coolninja111 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/uvvtms/icons_are_missing_from_search_bar/
  8. file explorer search bar is missing in every folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    file explorer search bar is missing in every folder: [ATTACH] The file explorer search bar is missing from every folder. I have tried removing all updates but that did not fix it on my asus tuf laptop. I previously had this problem on my msi laptop and the fix was to remove the feature update. However, removing the feature...
  9. Icons missing in the search bar

in Cortana
    Icons missing in the search bar: I have installed a fresh copy of Windows 10, version 1809, on my Lenovo Legion y520 IKBN and everything works fine except the fact that the icons for the Windows apps don't show up properly. I have updated just yesterday to ver. 1903 hoping that an update will fix the...
  10. Missing icons in search bar

Missing icons in search bar: I have a problem when i search for some programs (winrar, file explorer, registry editor, paint etc.) icons don't show up they are just white with X in middle any solution? [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...