Windows 10: Missing Icons/Folder Thumbnails Only Text Showing

Discus and support Missing Icons/Folder Thumbnails Only Text Showing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've had a strange issue on two computers after the last two upgrades. After computers have rebooted all the icons, folder thumbnails are gone. Only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by stealth2920, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Missing Icons/Folder Thumbnails Only Text Showing

I've had a strange issue on two computers after the last two upgrades. After computers have rebooted all the icons, folder thumbnails are gone. Only thing left is the text or name. Clicking on the text opens the shortcut or folder as always. Had to put a backup back on to correct this issue then reinstall the upgrade again. Since then no issue on either computer. Haven't been able to understand how the icons, thumbnails were corrupted or how to fix other than Macrium a backup restore. Haven't read about anyone else with this problem.

:)

stealth2920, Nov 14, 2018

2. Windows 10 showing device icons instead of thumbnails in folders

Hi me15prg9926,

There's a possibility that some folder settings may have changed. It could be set to show icons and not thumbnails. To verify that, please follow the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer.
    • Click the View tab.
    • On the upper-right corner, click Options.
    • On the Folder Options, click the View tab.
    • Under Files and Folders, uncheck Always show icons, never thumbnails.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, try checking if the folder icons are already showing thumbnails.

Update us with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 14, 2018
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Icons and thumbnails not showing

Hi,

It is possible that icons and thumbnails are not showing due to corruptions. To assist you better, we'd like to ask if what troubleshooting steps have you done so far.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps provided in this article by clicking on this

link
    . It will let you scan for corruptions and will provide you a remedy.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Nov 14, 2018
  4. davidhk Win User

Missing Icons/Folder Thumbnails Only Text Showing

Folder Photos: Showing Thumbnail Photos Rather Than IrfanView Icons ?

Open File Explorer > top right, click Options > click Change folder and search options > click View at top > UN-check the box " Always show icons, never thumbnails" > OK when done.

Missing Icons/Folder Thumbnails Only Text Showing [​IMG]

davidhk, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

Missing Icons/Folder Thumbnails Only Text Showing

1. Missing Icons/Folder Thumbnails Only Text Showing - Similar Threads - Missing Icons Folder

2. Windows apps missing icon only showing thumbnail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows apps missing icon only showing thumbnail: Hi everyone I just noticed that a lot of my windows default apps are missing there icon, settings, calc, store. They all launch just in the search bar there missing there icon any advice...
  3. Windows apps missing icon only showing thumbnail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows apps missing icon only showing thumbnail: Hi everyone I just noticed that a lot of my windows default apps are missing there icon, settings, calc, store. They all launch just in the search bar there missing there icon any advice...
  4. Windows apps missing icon only showing thumbnail

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. pictures will only show as icons and not thumbnails, is there a fix for this ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pictures will only show as icons and not thumbnails, is there a fix for this ?: Since I installed windows 11 my pictures will not show as thumbnails only as icons. How do I change this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pictures-will-only-show-as-icons-and-not/ef0a406c-e934-456d-9b55-49d7b3473136
  6. Thumbnails not showing, only icons

Thumbnails not showing, only icons: Hi.I`ve tried all the recommendations that were on Google, and cant get the thumbnails to come back.All of these I`ve tried..............https://allthings.how/10-ways-to-fix-image-and-video-thumbnails-not-showing-problem-on-windows-10/Even asked "Bleeping Computer" forum...
  7. Always show icons, never thumbnails only apply to folders

Always show icons, never thumbnails only apply to folders: How to "always show icons, never thumbnails" only apply to folders, but not filesAdvanced settings only have a option which both apply to files and folders, if i select that, my pictures will only have icons but not thumbnail which i don't want that.I tried to figure it out...
  8. Thumbnails instead of Icon only on a specific folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Thumbnails instead of Icon only on a specific folder: Hello I'm trying to find out how I can only change the regular icon to show thumbnails only in a specific folder with images that I'm working with, but when I change it, it changes to all the other folders, even Desktop ones. Does anyone knows how to do it? Thanks !...
  9. Thumbnails showing only icon

Thumbnails showing only icon: Why do thumbnails of downloaded photos now show only the icon, not the picture? Can this be cured? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumbnails-showing-only-icon/fa5d3dc9-bd66-4142-8704-d8c8afc0bfba"
  10. Desktop icons missing, Only text showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons missing, Only text showing: I have Three user accounts in my PC and this issue affects two of them My Desktop icons have disappeared and i can only see the Names of each shortcut which i am able to click to open as usual. In Windows Explorer My Navigation Pane is empty and my Libraries icons are...