Windows 10: Missing Icons in Start Page

Discus and support Missing Icons in Start Page in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I boot my Windows 10 Home Edition (64 bit) of Microsoft the startpage misses sometimes icons (replaced by a generic icon) but the link is still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by aliskander, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Missing Icons in Start Page

When I boot my Windows 10 Home Edition (64 bit) of Microsoft the startpage misses sometimes icons (replaced by a generic icon) but the link is still there and the apps opens when clicked upon the generic icon.
    I must admit: I have a lot op icons (small) on my startpage: plus or minus 200.
    Can I do something about this nuisance or do I simple have too much icons?

:)

aliskander, Jun 9, 2018

2. Windows 10 start menu missing icon

I followed all your troubleshooting steps and the icons are still missing. All of the missing icons in the start menu are all windows store apps. If you have any further suggestions on what to try, please let me know. Thanks.

William Kochevar, Jun 11, 2018
  3. Start Menu icons are missing

Hi Janes,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we will try our best to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Which all Icons are missing on the Start menu?

• Are you able to find the Icons, when you click on
      All apps
      in the start menu?

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to search for the Icons in the search bar, if the icon appears in the search list then
    right click on the icon and select Pin to Start and check if the icons appears in the start menu.

If the issue persists, Perform System File Checker (sfc) scan and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

To perform SFC Scan, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jun 11, 2018
Thema:

Missing Icons in Start Page

1. Missing Icons in Start Page - Similar Threads - Missing Icons Start

2. Icons missing in Start Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons missing in Start Screen: My icons aren't showing but the apps work fine. Are there any solutions to this issue I am having? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-missing-in-start-screen/bb21a7c8-0ff5-4dcc-b36c-3fe66cd73091
  3. Icons missing in Start Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons missing in Start Screen: My icons aren't showing but the apps work fine. Are there any solutions to this issue I am having? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-missing-in-start-screen/bb21a7c8-0ff5-4dcc-b36c-3fe66cd73091
  4. Start menu icons missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Start menu icons missing: When I search for a program in the start menu, the icons for those programs appear broken, a paper icon. Only programs installed on external hard drive have this issue and not programs installed on C drive....
  5. Missing icons in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing icons in Start Menu: We use VMWare Dynamic Environment Manager to push our shortcuts to the user's Start Menu. This works fine for 99,9% but sometimes icons are just not shown. It is visible when navigating to %appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs, it is just not visible when clicking...
  6. Start page icons not loading

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Start page icons not loading: This happened weeks ago, but I think that this is a **BIG PROBLEM** so I post this. Apps downloaded from Microsoft Store won't load thumbnail images. [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] and also images won't give me a preview. [ATTACH] videos too. [ATTACH] any...
  7. return page icon missing

return page icon missing: return page icon missing as well as the display programs icon in the left lower corner. Husband and I are retired and although neither of us is good at fixing computer problems, I can usually figure it out or look it up. This has me stumped. Also, we have a cat that often...
  8. Start up icons missing

Start up icons missing: When I opened windows 10 today my line of startup icons are missing. Any idea what happened? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-icons-missing/d053b929-fcf2-4893-8543-0d3b8c9ebf1c
  9. Start Menu Icons - Missing

Start Menu Icons - Missing: Ok this is clearly an ongoing problem that Microsft are failing to address, but it needs to be aired. So for ages I have had an issue with or one or two menu icons vanishing from some programs, Google Chrome being the longest running one. But this question is not about any...
  10. Missing Start Menu icons.

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Start Menu icons.: A lot of my Start Menu icons have recently disappeared. Both tiles and "All Apps" entries. The missing items range from games to Windows features. For example "Windows Accessories" only has three items listed and "Windows Administrative Tools" is missing altogether. The only...