Missing Icons in Start Page

Discus and support Missing Icons in Start Page in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I boot my Windows 10 Home Edition (64 bit) of Microsoft the startpage misses sometimes icons (replaced by a generic icon) but the link is still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by aliskander, Jun 9, 2018.

1. aliskander Win User

When I boot my Windows 10 Home Edition (64 bit) of Microsoft the startpage misses sometimes icons (replaced by a generic icon) but the link is still there and the apps opens when clicked upon the generic icon.
    I must admit: I have a lot op icons (small) on my startpage: plus or minus 200.
    Can I do something about this nuisance or do I simple have too much icons?

:)

aliskander, Jun 9, 2018
  2. William Kochevar Win User

Windows 10 start menu missing icon

I followed all your troubleshooting steps and the icons are still missing. All of the missing icons in the start menu are all windows store apps. If you have any further suggestions on what to try, please let me know. Thanks.

William Kochevar, Jun 11, 2018
  3. Santosh_Rai Win User
    Start Menu icons are missing

Hi Janes,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we will try our best to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Which all Icons are missing on the Start menu?

• Are you able to find the Icons, when you click on
      All apps
      in the start menu?

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to search for the Icons in the search bar, if the icon appears in the search list then
    right click on the icon and select Pin to Start and check if the icons appears in the start menu.

If the issue persists, Perform System File Checker (sfc) scan and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

To perform SFC Scan, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jun 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Missing Icons in Start Page - Similar Threads - Missing Icons Start

2. How do I change the font size of the names under my desktop icons?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change the font size of the names under my desktop icons?: How do I change the font size of the names under my desktop icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/how-do-i-change-the-font-size-of-the-names-under/50291850-7360-442b-9191-cbd59aa3e445
  3. Desktop icons doesn't show up until I restart explorer.exe on task manager on start up

Desktop icons doesn't show up until I restart explorer.exe on task manager on start up: Hello I've had this problem for over a month now and I do not know what has caused it Every time I start my computer up or restart (sleep not affected) my desktop icons are all gone If I go on file explorer and check my drives, everything is still there but if I try to...
  4. Started getting bsod registry error friday tried everything. Using windows 10 64bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Started getting bsod registry error friday tried everything. Using windows 10 64bit: I Started getting bsod registry 0xce0000225 error friday. Ive tried everything in command prompt I could find online to fix this. Restoring the registry, Restoring the boot. My dvd drive doesnt seem to want to work either which is peculiar. My dvd drive doesnt work, And I...
  5. Windows 10 start menu crashes

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 start menu crashes: Whenever i open the windows 10 start menu and start typing to search the menu hangs after a couple of letters and closes without letting me click the search result (which are incomplete). The same happens when i try to search sth in the windows settings. The window freezes...
  6. The boot configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The boot configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors.: I would have fone the automatic reset. But i do not own the usb or dvd that it comes with. Any ideas for resetting this vut without the usb or dvd?...
  7. Computer started to have issues following windows 10 update. Ran a test and found issues....

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer started to have issues following windows 10 update. Ran a test and found issues....: My computer updated for an Adobe security update. After that update i started getting blue screens, stop code: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT and my everyday programs, like java, began running into issues with running code. So i decided to use Memory Diagnostic Tool. It came up with...
  8. Battery icon not showin in Status Bar

Battery icon not showin in Status Bar: hello, I am having an odd issue with my battery icon in the taskbar on my Windows 10 Pro. I cannot see my battery level icon everytime I startup my laptop. My only solution is if I signed out and signed in again, it can be shown on my taskbar, otherwise it won´t work. I would...
  9. 5.1 not working and Realtek Device Manager is missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    5.1 not working and Realtek Device Manager is missing: Hello, Surround sound does not work outside of the speaker configuration window were you can test,there it works,in any other application it does not. Now I don't know if it's related to the second issue that the Realtek manager is missing. I have tried updating,...
  10. Start Menu tiles, center app/icon text/label

Start Menu tiles, center app/icon text/label: Does anyone know how to get the text in the tiles to center, like the icons? [img] 115908