Missing Icons in Start Page

Discus and support Missing Icons in Start Page in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; When I boot my Windows 10 Home Edition (64 bit) of Microsoft the startpage misses sometimes icons (replaced by a generic icon) but the link is still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by aliskander, Jun 9, 2018.

1. aliskander Win User

When I boot my Windows 10 Home Edition (64 bit) of Microsoft the startpage misses sometimes icons (replaced by a generic icon) but the link is still there and the apps opens when clicked upon the generic icon.
    I must admit: I have a lot op icons (small) on my startpage: plus or minus 200.
    Can I do something about this nuisance or do I simple have too much icons?

:)

aliskander, Jun 9, 2018
  2. William Kochevar Win User

Windows 10 start menu missing icon

I followed all your troubleshooting steps and the icons are still missing. All of the missing icons in the start menu are all windows store apps. If you have any further suggestions on what to try, please let me know. Thanks.

William Kochevar, Jun 11, 2018
  3. Santosh_Rai Win User
    Start Menu icons are missing

Hi Janes,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we will try our best to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Which all Icons are missing on the Start menu?

• Are you able to find the Icons, when you click on
      All apps
      in the start menu?

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to search for the Icons in the search bar, if the icon appears in the search list then
    right click on the icon and select Pin to Start and check if the icons appears in the start menu.

If the issue persists, Perform System File Checker (sfc) scan and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

To perform SFC Scan, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jun 11, 2018
Thema:

Missing Icons in Start Page

Missing Icons in Start Page - Similar Threads - Missing Icons Start

1. Missing Start Menu icons.

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Start Menu icons.: A lot of my Start Menu icons have recently disappeared. Both tiles and "All Apps" entries. The missing items range from games to Windows features. For example "Windows Accessories" only has three items listed and "Windows Administrative Tools" is missing altogether. The only...
  2. Customized Start Menu Icon Missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Customized Start Menu Icon Missing: We have a customized start menu pushed out via group policy. Our machines are also built via Audit mode and sysprep so very "cookie cutter" We have one user who reported after an application crash they rebooted the machine and now one of the icons from the pushed start menu...
  3. Icons missing in start menu following Creators update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons missing in start menu following Creators update.: I've got missing start menu icons following the Creators Update, coming and going on boot ups. Anyone else? 83655
  4. All icons missing except on start menu.

in Windows 10 Support
    All icons missing except on start menu.: [img] [img] [img] [img] As you can see all the icons are missing or broken except for the ones on the start menu. Didn't really do anything before this, just played games. 78026
  5. Start Menu Icons Missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Icons Missing: Hi, I searched for this problem in the forum but must of the replies apply to Windows or Desktop icons missing. I'm including an image which I think it explains the problem better As you can see, the menu on the right has three icons (circled in red) that are missing from...
  6. Non-Functioning Start Menu / Missing taskbar Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Non-Functioning Start Menu / Missing taskbar Icons: I seem to remember running across a post here regarding the problem with a non-functioning Start Menu button and missing or non-functioning taskbar icons that indicated this issue had been fixed in the Anniversary Update. Well I don't think so. I was playing with a brand new...
  7. Missing Start Icon & other Critical Issues - the SOLUTION for OEM PCs?

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Start Icon & other Critical Issues - the SOLUTION for OEM PCs?: JimWynne, a Microsoft Insider pointed out to me that as my PC is OEM*** they (HP in my case) should resolve my problem - Windows Updates screwed up my new Win10 PC. I contacted HP via their new & improved HP Support Assistant on my desktop and they resolved my problem....
Missing Icons in Start Page solved