Windows 10: Missing Icons in Windows 10 Search

Discus and support Missing Icons in Windows 10 Search in Cortana to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I'm having an issue where the icons on my apps won't show when I search them up via Windows Search. I'd be able to see some of the icons if I... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by CompactFeline00, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Missing Icons in Windows 10 Search

Missing Icons in Windows 10 Search 26d5afdc-cc99-4564-a455-519b83b63dd2?upload=true.png

I'm having an issue where the icons on my apps won't show when I search them up via Windows Search. I'd be able to see some of the icons if I installed them recently, but anything before that has all of the icons replaced with the square X icon.

Is there a way I can get my icons back? It hasn't happened until very recently.

:)

CompactFeline00, Dec 20, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

App Icons Missing

Hi Donna,

Corrupted applications are the possible causes why your program icons are missing after an update. To isolate your issue, we'd like to clarify a few things:

• When you hover your mouse over your taskbar or Start menu, are you seeing the icons for your apps?
    • Have you tried searching for a specific app and check if it will appear on the search results?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you repair and reset your applications using the steps shared by Meliton Dec on this

thread
    about restoring missing apps.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Dec 20, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Search Box Reduced to Magnifying Glass Icon

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings to show the search icon.

• Right click on the search bar

• Click on search

• Check show search icon
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Dec 20, 2019
  4. JohnHeinz Win User

Missing Icons in Windows 10 Search

Windows 10 Search box

Which instructions are you suggesting I missed? There is no search icon. Right clicking the taskbar shows no search option. The "small characters" or icons trick did nothing. The regedit thing:
    Follow these steps to turn on the hidden search box:

• Open regedit
    • Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search
    • Inside the search key, create the new DWORD value named EnableSearchBox and set it to 1
    • Restart your computer or simply Explorer Shell
    Did not give me a search option that I can find.

So in at least MY version of windows 10 there is no search box I can find that will allow me to search my own computer to find possible misplaced files.

So what are the instructions?

JohnHeinz, Dec 20, 2019
Thema:

Missing Icons in Windows 10 Search

1. Missing Icons in Windows 10 Search - Similar Threads - Missing Icons Search

2. Missing icons in Windows Search

in Cortana
    Missing icons in Windows Search: HiI am facing this issue from a few weeks.When I search something using the Windows+S search bar, the icon of the app isn't shown.Here's a screenshot:This is not for just one app. It's for all.One thing I noticed that this is only for apps downloaded from the Microsoft...
  3. Missing Icons In Windows Start Search

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing Icons In Windows Start Search: I can't figure out how to get my icons back in the windows start search https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-icons-in-windows-start-search/ce64fcd6-2931-49ed-827a-a7a6d9edaadb
  4. icon missing in windows search results

in Cortana
    icon missing in windows search results: hi, when i search for apps that I've installed in windows search, the icon appears missing. this issue only occurs with third party apps, but not pre-installed windows appssuch as photos, weather, this pc please help....
  5. Windows 10 Search bar missing icons?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Search bar missing icons?: [ATTACH] Why are all these icons missing? ._. These function as they should, but it gets rather annoying not seeing them. https://preview.redd.it/nrkou76fnhf61.png?width=980&format=png&auto=webp&s=315bb6550bdeb892a2f2c10aaab21131f251ccdf submitted by /u/MuncherCookie...
  6. Missing windows 10 app icons in search bar

Missing windows 10 app icons in search bar: [ATTACH] It happened after I installed Google chrome. I tried rebuilding icon cache. I don't know what to do now. https://preview.redd.it/5z5daslsgkz51.png?width=784&format=png&auto=webp&s=095f3afd5f3ccb0ff2c6cd5a4533a96e386c0335 submitted by /u/itwaslikethatjpg...
  7. App icons missing in windows 10 search menu

in Cortana
    App icons missing in windows 10 search menu: App icons missing in windows 10 search menu, tried clearing icon cache and doesn't work. Made a new local user account and icons reappeared, but doesn't appear on my original account. Reset windows 10, updated to latest version, and a few days later it has happened again....
  8. App icons are missing on Windows 10 Search

in Cortana
    App icons are missing on Windows 10 Search: [ATTACH] Hello, App icons are not showing on my Windows 10 search. I tried to deleting icon cache, changing the screen scale but none of them worked. I've done a clean install of Windows 10 but after few days Icons on my Windows search are broke again. How can I solve...
  9. Windows 10 Search bar or icon is missing

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Search bar or icon is missing: [ATTACH]Windows 10 Taskbar offers a Search bar where you can click and type to instantly search anything on Windows 10. You can quickly get the […] This article Windows 10 Search bar or icon is missing first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  10. Windows search icons missing bug

Windows search icons missing bug: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/cascom96 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g80fnh/windows_search_icons_missing_bug/