Windows 10: Missing icons in Windows Explorer and desktop

Discus and support Missing icons in Windows Explorer and desktop in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi. Recently i created a new user profile, but when i activated the account, i see that the icons on desktop are only names and when i open windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mandarinka1251, Apr 27, 2022.

1. Missing icons in Windows Explorer and desktop

Hi. Recently i created a new user profile, but when i activated the account, i see that the icons on desktop are only names and when i open windows explorer, there is no icons or when i open control panel, theres even nothing.Note: when i log in to my account, windows explorer and icons are shown and working as it should.Screenshot:I hope i will fix it like when i fixed insert icons in powerpoint with Mia Zhao :Best regards,Mandarinka125

:)

Mandarinka1251, Apr 27, 2022

2. Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Apr 27, 2022
  3. sturpe Win User
    Cannot find Desktop Icon in File Explorer

Now that is interesting. If I do what you suggest, File Explorer Address bar changes to C:\Users\username\documents and the missing ICONS are there. But there is still not a "Desktop" folder.

Is this a step in the right direction?

sturpe, Apr 27, 2022
  4. Missing icons in Windows Explorer and desktop

Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Apr 27, 2022
Thema:

Missing icons in Windows Explorer and desktop

1. Missing icons in Windows Explorer and desktop - Similar Threads - Missing icons Explorer

2. Desktop Icons missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icons missing: On 7/17/22 Windows did an update KB5015807 and I lost my Desktop Icons and some other apps. I have tried the suggested fix its discussed online but the have not fixed the problem.Please advise what I need to do to get my Windows 10 Desktop running again/Thank you!...
  3. Desktop Icons missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icons missing: On 7/17/22 Windows did an update KB5015807 and I lost my Desktop Icons and some other apps. I have tried the suggested fix its discussed online but the have not fixed the problem.Please advise what I need to do to get my Windows 10 Desktop running again/Thank you!...
  4. Desktop Icons missing

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Missing icons in Windows Explorer and desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing icons in Windows Explorer and desktop: Hi. Recently i created a new user profile, but when i activated the account, i see that the icons on desktop are only names and when i open windows explorer, there is no icons or when i open control panel, theres even nothing.Note: when i log in to my account, windows...
  6. Missing icons in Windows Explorer and desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Missing icons in Windows Explorer and desktop: Hi. Recently i created a new user profile, but when i activated the account, i see that the icons on desktop are only names and when i open windows explorer, there is no icons or when i open control panel, theres even nothing.Note: when i log in to my account, windows...
  7. Icons on Desktop, Taskbar and File Explorer are missing or disappeared.

Icons on Desktop, Taskbar and File Explorer are missing or disappeared.: When I turn the computer on this morning, and looked what happened to this, Icons on desktop, taskbar and file explorer are gone. Also, I cannot open the properties for any file on the computer. This gives me a headache and frustrated.LOOK AT THIS PICTUREFirst, Is there's a...
  8. Desktop Icons missing

Desktop Icons missing: After booting, the desktop icons do not appear. Also, when starting a program from task bar or start menu, the program or window does not open. After 2-3 reboots, the problem seems to fix itself ?? Comments welcome !...
  9. ALL icons missing/blank (desktop, taskbar, explorer)

in Windows 10 Support
    ALL icons missing/blank (desktop, taskbar, explorer): Hi all, - Had the laptop hooked up to the TV last night via HDMI - Unplugged, then closed lid - putting it to sleep - Turned on today, no icons whatsoever. - Tried restarting the laptop - Tried restarting 'explorer.exe' Any tips for getting them back? It's...
  10. Missing/Blank Icons on Desktop and Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing/Blank Icons on Desktop and Windows Explorer: This is the first issue I haven't able to resolve after using Windows products for years I recently bought a monitor to use with my laptop while at home. Whenever I disconnect my laptop from the monitor and then shut the laptop down, upon restarting I lose all my desktop...