Windows 10: Missing Icons on Taskbar Windows 11

Discus and support Missing Icons on Taskbar Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; https://i.imgur.com/OkSNe9J.pngSome icons in my taskbar are missing, they re-appear if i restart windows explorer or my laptop entirely but I'm tired... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Romain Lhotte, Nov 20, 2023.

1. Missing Icons on Taskbar Windows 11

https://i.imgur.com/OkSNe9J.pngSome icons in my taskbar are missing, they re-appear if i restart windows explorer or my laptop entirely but I'm tired of doing it several times every hour. Any fix?

:)

Romain Lhotte, Nov 20, 2023

2. Some taskbar icons are missing

I have a similar problem. My Windows Office icons are missing on my windows 11 taskbar.

Tried to follow the instructions above but could not delete the iconcache files as they were in use

Any suggestions?

Ioli Advani, Nov 20, 2023
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Windows 11 taskbar icons not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 11. I understand that Taskbar icons are not working after upgrading to Windows 11. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

1. What happens when you click on an icon on the Taskbar?
    2. Do you receive any error message/code?
    3. Does this issue occur with all the icons?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to try re-registering the taskbar and see if that works. Kindly follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Press Windows + X keys together and click on Windows PowerShell (Admin)
    2. Now type in the following command and hit Enter: Get-AppXPackage -User ([System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity]::GetCurrent().Name) *ShellExperienceHost* | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}
    3. Restart the PC once the command is complete.

If the issue persists, you can try creating a new user account and then see if you are able to access the icons on the Taskbar.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 20, 2023
  4. Missing Icons on Taskbar Windows 11

invisible taskbar icons ( windows 11 )

try the website guidelines below one by one:

https://appuals.com/taskbar-icons-missing-after...

the solution below worked for some users:

Step 1: Use CTRL-ALT-DEL and choose to open Task Manager.

Step 2: Choose "More Details" at the bottom of Task Manager to expand Task Manager.

Step 3: Go to "File" and choose "Run New Task".

Step 4: Type "cmd" in the "Open" field.

Step 5: Type explorer.exe and change date/time to the previous day.

Douglas L. Rodrigues, Nov 20, 2023
Thema:

Missing Icons on Taskbar Windows 11

1. Missing Icons on Taskbar Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Missing Icons Taskbar

2. Missing Icons on Taskbar Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Icons on Taskbar Windows 11: https://i.imgur.com/OkSNe9J.pngSome icons in my taskbar are missing, they re-appear if i restart windows explorer or my laptop entirely but I'm tired of doing it several times every hour. Any fix?...
  3. Missing Icons on Taskbar Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Icons on Taskbar Windows 11: Hello everyone,In this post, I'm just bringing back an old known issue regarding missing icons on the taskbar, that suddenly happened to me. I couldn't understand the root cause, but at this point, I just wanted to bring the icons back. :PI already saw a lot of people...
  4. Missing Icons on Taskbar Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing Icons on Taskbar Windows 11: Hello everyone,In this post, I'm just bringing back an old known issue regarding missing icons on the taskbar, that suddenly happened to me. I couldn't understand the root cause, but at this point, I just wanted to bring the icons back. :PI already saw a lot of people...
  5. App Icons missing in Taskbar on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App Icons missing in Taskbar on Windows 11: Annoying issue when program logos aren't seen in windows 11 taskbar, tried restart and all suggestions, this issue resurfaces with regularity. bing search results should pull up something fresh and relevant to solve this issue .NET family!! * Moved from Insider...
  6. App Icons missing in Taskbar on Windows 11

App Icons missing in Taskbar on Windows 11: Annoying issue when program logos aren't seen in windows 11 taskbar, tried restart and all suggestions, this issue resurfaces with regularity. bing search results should pull up something fresh and relevant to solve this issue .NET family!! * Moved from Insider...
  7. Taskbar Icons missing.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Taskbar Icons missing.: I upgraded from Win 10 to Win 11. Some of my taskbar icons became invisible. When I say I tried all the fixes short of wiping my hard drive, I truly did. I downgraded back to Win 10. All was well for a few weeks until today. While using my laptop, some icons suddenly...
  8. Icons on taskbar is missing windows 11

Icons on taskbar is missing windows 11: The icons on the taskbar has been missing for a few days despite of shutting down and restarting Windows Explorer. And I can’t even take a screenshot windows+shift+s of it. There’s literally nothing I could do at the moment. Any ideas?...
  9. Icons on taskbar is missing windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons on taskbar is missing windows 11: The icons on the taskbar has been missing for a few days despite of shutting down and restarting Windows Explorer. And I can’t even take a screenshot windows+shift+s of it. There’s literally nothing I could do at the moment. Any ideas?...
  10. Missing icons in taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing icons in taskbar: I don't why, but I have at least, constantly, one icon missing in my taskbar. since some days I can't display all of them with the settings. Currently, the sound icon is missing. Any idea? https://i.imgur.com/vgclbaR.png The white part on the screenshot is disappearing too...