Windows 10: Missing icons when adjusting volume, playing, pausing etc

Discus and support Missing icons when adjusting volume, playing, pausing etc in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello guys, I have this strange problem. When I adjust my volume or try to change the song the icons, which display the feature, show as little... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mzmkont, Dec 24, 2016.

1. Mzmkont Win User

Missing icons when adjusting volume, playing, pausing etc

Hello guys,
    I have this strange problem. When I adjust my volume or try to change the song the icons, which display the feature, show as little squares, here's a picture of the problem.

Missing icons when adjusting volume, playing, pausing etc [​IMG]

Any ideas? Thank you!

:)

Mzmkont, Dec 24, 2016

2. Volume is increasing when media is paused and then played !

When I pause and then play media in applications , be it VLC player , Windows Media Player or any other , the volume increases automatically ! HELP PLEASE ! It is really frustrating adjusting volume very time I pause and play.

aatificial, Dec 24, 2016
  3. Compatible headset for Nokia 603

dear sir,

Nokia wh500 stereo headset has many functional keys like volume adjuster, fast forward and rewind key, play/pause keys etc. does all this keys compatible with nokia 603 device.

munna07rahul, Dec 24, 2016
  4. spunk Win User

Make sure the font that is used for the song title, or feature are installed on your computer.

spunk, Dec 24, 2016
  5. Mzmkont Win User
    It's not about the font, I think the fonts are fine, because the problem shows when playing music with normal letters.
    But just to be sure, is there a way to somehow reset my fonts?

Mzmkont, Dec 24, 2016
  6. EdTittel Win User
    Sergey Tkachenko's Winaero Tweaker has some nice font tweaking tools under the Appearance section. Might want to download that program and give it a try.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Dec 24, 2016
  7. Mzmkont Win User
    And how do I fix/change the icons? Pretty lost in the program to be honest.

Mzmkont, Dec 24, 2016
  8. EdTittel Win User

Under the Advanced Appearance Settings, you can check (and then change) either Statusbar or System font settings. Under the Tools item (the very last option in the left-hand menubar) you can also choose "Reset Icon Cache" to see if that might help you. Thanks for asking!
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Dec 24, 2016
  9. Mzmkont Win User
    Tried resetting the cache - no luck there. *Sad
    Is there a possibility I may not have the font for the media buttons? Because I just noticed that when I mute my volume another square appears.

Missing icons when adjusting volume, playing, pausing etc [​IMG]

Mzmkont, Dec 24, 2016
  10. EdTittel Win User
    I am inclined to think it's a font problem, too. That's why I mentioned those "font change" capabilities in WinAero Tweaker. I just noticed there's a Menu Font setting you can mess with in the Menus item under Advanced Appearance Settings, too.
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Dec 24, 2016
  11. Mzmkont Win User
    But if I change the font the problem won't disappear, would it?

Mzmkont, Dec 24, 2016
  12. EdTittel Win User
    Symbols that are missing in one font may be present in another. You can also contact Sergey directly through WinAero.com and ask for his input, too.
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Dec 24, 2016
  13. Mzmkont Win User

Okay, I will do that right away, thanks for the feedback, EdTittel *Smile

Mzmkont, Dec 24, 2016
  14. EdTittel Win User
    You're welcome. С Рождеством! (Merry Christmas)
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Missing icons when adjusting volume, playing, pausing etc - Similar Threads - Missing icons adjusting

2. Missing Icons when Adjusting Volume

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing Icons when Adjusting Volume: Hello Microsoft Community. Maybe there is a solution that I have not found but when I adjust my volume there is no buttons, but a square there instead. SCREENSHOT BELOW...
  3. "Speaker" icon can not adjust volume!

"Speaker" icon can not adjust volume!: Hello all:On the PC screen right bottom,there is a tray. Within the tray, thereare several icons including “Speaker”,click the speaker icon, we can adjustthe volume of the sound. Now the speaker icon changed:only display the maximal volume, 67%. can not Change/adjust the...
  4. System volume icon does not adjust volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System volume icon does not adjust volume: I can adjust volume from settings and as far as I can see, the drivers are up to date, but all of a sudden I can't adjust the volume from the icon on the taskbar...
  5. skype pause thing next to volume control when trying to adjust it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    skype pause thing next to volume control when trying to adjust it?: so some may remember the whole thing where chrome made a black box with a play/pause button pop up next to your volume control. that was a simple fix, it was fine. but...now i'm getting something like that, but with skype. [img] i still have the chrome thing disabled, so...
  6. skype pause thing next to volume control when trying to adjust it?

in Windows 10 Support
    skype pause thing next to volume control when trying to adjust it?: so some may remember the whole thing where chrome made a black box with a play/pause button pop up next to your volume control. that was a simple fix, it was fine. but...now i'm getting something like that, but with skype. [img] i still have the chrome thing disabled, so...
  7. removing volume slider pause/play notification

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    removing volume slider pause/play notification: When I'm watching a YouTube video and I raise/lower the volume a notification pops up at the top left of the display. How do I make it so it doesn't appear? Windows 10 Home 1909 149783
  8. Disable the media playback play pause menu when adjusting volume via f7 f8 keys

Disable the media playback play pause menu when adjusting volume via f7 f8 keys: Let us disable the media playback play pause menu when adjusting volume via f7 f8 keys for films and TV. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-the-media-playback-play-pause-menu-when/57109dee-77a3-4a61-b390-63d062c98dc4
  9. Icons are missing EVERYWHERE! Explorer etc etc

Icons are missing EVERYWHERE! Explorer etc etc: I TRIED EVERY STUPID THING IN THE ENTIRE INTERNET. - Right CLick refresh on desktop (no) - Delete icon cache and every IconCache.db ****. (no) - revamp the last WIN Update (didnt worked) - installed the latest update (didnt work) - use "cleanmgr.exe" to remove...
  10. Volume play pause icon not appearing. Grey rectangle

Volume play pause icon not appearing. Grey rectangle: Hey, When I turn up the volume while playing music or a vidéo, the play pause next and previous icons do not appear. I do have the box near the volume, but only rectangles are displayed. [ATTACH] what can I do?...