Windows 10: missing icon's

Discus and support missing icon's in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I apparently hit an incorrect button and my icons vanished from my desktop - windows 10. The files are not affected they are all there but I would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JudyLew1, Jan 9, 2020.

1. JudyLew1 Win User

missing icon's

I apparently hit an incorrect button and my icons vanished from my desktop - windows 10. The files are not affected they are all there but I would like to not have to go to every file when I want to pull up a file. How can I get those folders/file icons back on the main screen? Every time I put in this question the response is about toolbars. My toolbar still has everything intact.....Judy

:)

JudyLew1, Jan 9, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

missing icons in start menu

Hi Wickiwizard,

It is possible that the icon of your apps in Start menu is missing due to a corrupted system files. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with icons in Start menu?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot problems with Start menu or Cortana.

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you follow the suggestion shared by
    Meliton Dec on this thread.
    The given troubleshooting steps will help repair or reset not only missing apps but also lost icon.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jan 9, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    App Icons Missing

Hi Donna,

Corrupted applications are the possible causes why your program icons are missing after an update. To isolate your issue, we'd like to clarify a few things:

• When you hover your mouse over your taskbar or Start menu, are you seeing the icons for your apps?
    • Have you tried searching for a specific app and check if it will appear on the search results?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you repair and reset your applications using the steps shared by Meliton Dec on this

thread
    about restoring missing apps.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jan 9, 2020
  4. Nomgle Win User

missing icon's

Two bugs in GPU-Z - icon and version number

Adding my name to the list of people with weird missing icon problems *Smile missing icon's :)

Nomgle, Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

missing icon's

1. missing icon's - Similar Threads - missing icon's

2. Wifi and Bluetooth Icon went missing :/

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi and Bluetooth Icon went missing :/: Hello to anyone reading this,I don’t know how to explain this in a formal or professional manner but, today during 11-12 pm, I was in class in the middle of checking my assignments only to suddenly have no internet. I thought that the school WiFi has accidentally powered off...
  3. Wifi and Bluetooth Icon went missing :/

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi and Bluetooth Icon went missing :/: Hello to anyone reading this,I don’t know how to explain this in a formal or professional manner but, today during 11-12 pm, I was in class in the middle of checking my assignments only to suddenly have no internet. I thought that the school WiFi has accidentally powered off...
  4. Why my wi-fi icon is missing on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my wi-fi icon is missing on my laptop: Why my wi-fi icon is missing, then i can't connect to wi-fi. I tried so many things to fix it but still can't work and it's just show Me Code 43 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-wi-fi-icon-is-missing-on-my-laptop/bc10a7d9-2095-435d-81e0-d47e6740f6ac
  5. Why my wi-fi icon is missing on my laptop

Why my wi-fi icon is missing on my laptop: Why my wi-fi icon is missing, then i can't connect to wi-fi. I tried so many things to fix it but still can't work and it's just show Me Code 43 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-wi-fi-icon-is-missing-on-my-laptop/bc10a7d9-2095-435d-81e0-d47e6740f6ac
  6. Easier solution for broken , missing , incorrect desktop icons that doesn't take 20 steps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Easier solution for broken , missing , incorrect desktop icons that doesn't take 20 steps: for me this has worked for various types of malfunctioning and/or broken & missing desktop icons, such as blank, black squares, or white page icons.1.Press Win + R shortcut keys together on the keyboard to open the Run dialog.2.Type the following in the Run box:ie4uinit...
  7. Easier solution for broken , missing , incorrect desktop icons that doesn't take 20 steps

Easier solution for broken , missing , incorrect desktop icons that doesn't take 20 steps: for me this has worked for various types of malfunctioning and/or broken & missing desktop icons, such as blank, black squares, or white page icons.1.Press Win + R shortcut keys together on the keyboard to open the Run dialog.2.Type the following in the Run box:ie4uinit...
  8. Taskmanager is not opening and nearly all Icons are totally glitched or missing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskmanager is not opening and nearly all Icons are totally glitched or missing.: Problems:Icons in certain Locations are missing,those that im aware of being:Every Icon within the File explorerEvery Desktop IconSome Icons on my taskbar replaced with the standard .exe iconAnd all Icons within the Control panelFile previews within the explorer also do not...
  9. Taskmanager is not opening and nearly all Icons are totally glitched or missing.

Taskmanager is not opening and nearly all Icons are totally glitched or missing.: Problems:Icons in certain Locations are missing,those that im aware of being:Every Icon within the File explorerEvery Desktop IconSome Icons on my taskbar replaced with the standard .exe iconAnd all Icons within the Control panelFile previews within the explorer also do not...
  10. Missing Recycle Bin Icon on Windows 10 Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Recycle Bin Icon on Windows 10 Desktop: Hello, I've noticed that the Recycle Bin icon is missing from my Windows 10 desktop. I didn't delete it, but it's nowhere to be found, and I can't seem to restore it. I've checked the desktop icon settings, but Recycle Bin is not listed there either. Can someone please help...