Windows 10: Missing Imaging Devices

Discus and support Missing Imaging Devices in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ok, I do not have any imaging devices at all. There is no software installed for my built in camera at all. Therefore my question is where I could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ErikaK1, Oct 9, 2018.

1. ErikaK1 Win User

Missing Imaging Devices

Ok,

I do not have any imaging devices at all. There is no software installed for my built in camera at all.

Therefore my question is where I could download the camera software (much like for built in mic and sound)?

Laptop - Lenovo Yoga 510- 14ISK

:)

ErikaK1, Oct 9, 2018
  2. AndreePin Win User

Imaging Devices missing in Device Manager and Webcam doesn't working

Hi,

Since you mentioned that the said driver is missing in Device Manager, what we suggest is for you to check in the Hidden Devices section on Device Manager. Kindly follow the steps below:

• On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Click on View and select
      Show Hidden Devices.
    • Check for the webcam under Imaging Devices.
    • If the webcam is listed, then right-click on it and select
      Update Driver Software
    • Select Browse My Computer for Driver Software and follow the prompted steps.
    Please post back with the result for further assistance

AndreePin, Oct 9, 2018
  3. IMAGING DEVICE IS MISSING!

This doesn't help.

Imaging devices are not in Device Manager, There is no Webcam listed, Windows 10 isn't showing the webcam, The manufacturer used the Windows default driver so there are no legacy drivers to download.

For some reason I can't even select a webcam in the install legacy device window.

The imaging devices that are listed are all scanners. Not a single webcam listed.

Thanks MS for yet again not listening or caring about your end user.

I don't want to be connected, Oct 9, 2018
  4. John Sarc Win User

Missing Imaging Devices

missing camcorder imaging device "drivers"

It looks like the manufacturer of the device you're trying to install didn't release drivers to Windows 10.

As a workaround, we suggest that you contact your manufacturer and ask for the legacy drivers of the device for Windows 7. Once you have the file of the drivers, right-click on it and choose
    Extract. Once done, add it as a legacy driver. To do so, see the steps below:

• Go to Device Manager > Action > Add legacy hardware. Follow the virtual steps to add a hardware.
    • Once done, it will show you the common hardware types; then, choose IEEE 1394 host controllers.
    • After choosing IEEE 1394 host controllers, it will show you the page to select the manufacturer and model of your hardware.
    • To choose for the legacy driver you've extracted, click Have Disk >
      Browse. Now it will show you the window to locate the file.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestions above.

John Sarc, Oct 9, 2018
Thema:

Missing Imaging Devices

1. Missing Imaging Devices - Similar Threads - Missing Imaging Devices

2. Missing image resolution

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing image resolution: Hello, I've noticed recently that my tiff files no longer have resolution information displayed when I right click and look in the properties. I created these files using ppt and exported them at tiffs with 300 dpi resolution. When I created them they displayed the...
  3. Web camera not detected, imaging devices missing in device manager and webcam not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Web camera not detected, imaging devices missing in device manager and webcam not working: imaging devices missing in device manager and webcam not working HI, Last day when i clicked on the camera tile it said 'to get started, connect a camera' and i found out that none of my apps and desktop applications could use the webcam.Each time i get an error...
  4. Imaging Devices

Imaging Devices: Hello so I have Lenovo 81xh laptop my camera stopped working randomly. I made sure the camera was on, reset my computer and was told to go to imaging devices in device manager but it was not there. So I tried to add legacy hardware in the action tab but that option was also...
  5. Imaging device driver missing from Device Manager

Imaging device driver missing from Device Manager: Hey, I was having trouble use my webcam error 45 so I went to device manager to see if the drivers needed updating. I tried updating both "Camera" and "Imagining devices" to no avail. Next I tried uninstalling the imaging devices driver with the intention of reinstalling it...
  6. 0xa00f4244 Camera not attached // Imaging Devices missing from device manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    0xa00f4244 Camera not attached // Imaging Devices missing from device manager: Hi, Bought a refurbished Lenovo X1 Carbon fromEbay last year as a personal laptop. Have the following issue with it since day 1, contacted seller, give me a contact line but nothing got resolved. I have the above issue code every time I try and open the camera. 0xa00f4244...
  7. imaging devices missing

imaging devices missing: if any one is not able to locate the imaging devices you can watch this video to solve the problem click here to watch the video https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/imaging-devices-missing/508beb81-d082-4962-b56a-082e1daf1370
  8. Camera not working, imaging device missing

Camera not working, imaging device missing: Under device manager, Imaging Devices, shows orange exclamation mark; tried to update but here is information under Properties: This device cannot start. (Code 10) The specified request is not a valid operation for the target device. I also tried troubleshooting under...
  9. Imaging Device category missing in device manager

Imaging Device category missing in device manager: Webcam was working a week ago. Suddenly Skype cannot detect my web cam . I went to Device Manager , selected the web cam under Imaging devices , then uninstalled the driver . Then went back to Device Manager and scanned for hardware changes. Now even the Imaging Device...
  10. Icon Images Missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon Images Missing: Hey guys. I’m new to the whole forum business, so I’m afraid I’m going to require a bit of tolerance, hand-holding and general pointing in the right direction. If my problem has been covered elsewhere, I do apologise, but just point me at it. The scenario: an Intel i5...