Windows 10: missing information in the details pane

Discus and support missing information in the details pane in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As the title says, all of a sudden i have missing file info in the details pane, i have a lot of digital media and usually when i click on it it shows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rumblylwc, Jan 29, 2018.

1. rumblylwc Win User

missing information in the details pane

As the title says, all of a sudden i have missing file info in the details pane, i have a lot of digital media and usually when i click on it it shows me every from its name to audio type, date modified etc..all of a sudden it no longer shows me what audio, chapters or subtitles etc..from the screenshot below a lot of info that used to be there now isnt....any help would be appreciated

missing information in the details pane [​IMG]

:)

rumblylwc, Jan 29, 2018

2. Can't get to the Details pane

Hi Reco,

Thank you for being part of the Windows 10 family.

I understand that you are facing issues with organizing folders on Windows 10.

In order to help you better, please provide the information:

1. When you say that "My problem is that I can't get to Organize", how you want your folders to be arranged?

2. When you open individual pictures, are you able to view the detail of the Pictures?

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 29, 2018
  3. How can I move the details pane to the bottom of Windows 10 folder view?

Hi,

The issue might have occurred due to missing/corrupted files & folders or the personalized settings in the File explorer.

You can personalize the details pane by sliding the window according to your requirement.

To slide the window, hover the mouse pointer over to the faint line separating folders/files and the details pane. You will see double sided arrow, left click and slide the mouse towards right side and check if the details pane size is reduced.

Write to us with the status of the details pane size issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jan 29, 2018
  4. missing information in the details pane

FreeBooter, Jan 29, 2018
  5. rumblylwc Win User
    thanks but i've already tried that and it still doesn't bring my audio track info back

rumblylwc, Jan 29, 2018
  6. I would like you to check the system integrity of your Windows OS installation.

• Please type cmd.exe into Start Menu search box.
    • Please right click cmd.exe and select "Run as administrator".
    • Please type the following command and press the <Enter> key: sfc /scannow (Please note that there is a space between 'sfc" and "/scannow".)
    • It should take about 20 minutes to run, if there are no serious errors.
    • If the System File Checker reports that some errors were fixed, but some remain; please reboot your computer and run the System File Checker from an Administrator Command Prompt, again.
    • If the System File Checker again reports that some errors were fixed, but some remain, please reboot your computer and run it a third time.
    • If "Resource Integrity Violations" (errors) are reported that could not be corrected, or were not corrected after a third SFC run, then please navigate to the folder: C:\Windows\Logs\CBS and copy the file "cbs.log" to your desktop immediately. I am asking you do that because that file is dynamic, so I want to be able to examine a copy that is unchanged from the time that the System File Checker was run.
    • If there are errors that couldn't be corrected, let me know and I will provide you with instructions as to how to upload the file.

FreeBooter, Jan 29, 2018
  7. I also don't get audio track info, i think this is default or maybe with some media codecs Windows cannot show some of the details.

FreeBooter, Jan 29, 2018
  8. rumblylwc Win User

ive fixed it, i completey uninstalled all my codecs, restarted the pc, re installed codecs, restarted it again and its working, screenshot below is the same file as before now with all the info..thanks anyway and hope this helps anyone with a similar issue

rumblylwc, Jan 29, 2018
  9. Try3 Win User
    [Our posts crossed paths. I can now see your post reporting that the fault has been fixed.]

Have your files also lost their file association i.e. do they still open with the application that you previously used?

Loss of file association is merely one fault that can cause loss of specific info from the Details pane.

Details displayed for an unassociated file
    Denis

10. rumblylwc Win User
    no the file association was fine they still worked ok, seems it was just the codecs..

rumblylwc, Jan 29, 2018
  11. Try3 Win User
  12. rumblylwc Win User
    already tried that and it didn't work..i only really had this issues since windows updated last week..glad its sorted now though

rumblylwc, Jan 29, 2018
  13. Try3 Win User

Sorry, I was not referring to the recent fault you experienced.

Because the data displayed by the Details pane had figured in the fault symptoms you described & customising had been mentioned [inappropriately in the circumstances, I thought - customising anything when there is a fault condition seems dodgy], I was just drawing your attention to a good source of advice if you ever did decide to customise your Details pane.

Denis

14. How did you uninstall and reinstall Windows 10 build-in codecs?

FreeBooter, Jan 29, 2018
  15. I assume the OP is using some sort of codec pack (e.g. K-Lite, Shark, etc.).

lehnerus2000, Jan 29, 2018
Thema:

1. missing information in the details pane - Similar Threads - missing information details

2. Editing Metadata in Details Pane

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Editing Metadata in Details Pane: Hi,I installed a new Windows update and lost the ability to edit metadata in the Details Pane. It used to look like this: Now it looks like this:As you can see, it's a loss of functionality. I can't edit the metadata from the folder view anymore. It wants me to click the...
  3. Editing Metadata in Details Pane

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Editing Metadata in Details Pane: Hi,I installed a new Windows update and lost the ability to edit metadata in the Details Pane. It used to look like this: Now it looks like this:As you can see, it's a loss of functionality. I can't edit the metadata from the folder view anymore. It wants me to click the...
  4. Windows Explorer - Preview and Details panes are missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer - Preview and Details panes are missing: I don't have option to show Details and Preview Panes in Windows Explorer - View - Show menu. How can I fix that?Edition: Windows 11 ProVersion: 23H2I've already tried:Options - Folder Options - Restore DefaultsAlt + PShow preview handlers in preview pane is checkedSFC...
  5. Windows Explorer - Preview and Details panes are missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer - Preview and Details panes are missing: I don't have option to show Details and Preview Panes in Windows Explorer - View - Show menu. How can I fix that?Edition: Windows 11 ProVersion: 23H2I've already tried:Options - Folder Options - Restore DefaultsAlt + PShow preview handlers in preview pane is checkedSFC...
  6. Explorer detail pane question.

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer detail pane question.: Using Win 10 with all updates. When I open Explorer to This PC the detail pane show the drives in 3 sets. >A - H, >I - P and >Q - Z. If I click on the > it shows the name of the drive, but, of course, not the same the Navigation pane. My question: How to change the detail...
  7. How do I add more information to my details pane?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I add more information to my details pane?: I have windows 10 and I have movie files on my computer and I want to organize them a bit better. I use mp3tag to change my cover art and then I use re name my tv series to rename the files. I have a lot of anime series on my computer currently and I want go also try and...
  8. Customizing Details Pane for folders.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customizing Details Pane for folders.: In order to customize which fields are displayed in the details pane for a given file type you can: 1. Run Regedit. 2. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\SystemFileAsso ciations\.mp3 (Or whatever file type you want to edit.) 3. Edit the PreviewDetails string. My...
  9. Is there any way to show extended detail in the details pane ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there any way to show extended detail in the details pane ?: Hai Im new here.. *Smile Recently I was trying to add comments to movie folders so that i can keep a brief description about it when i click on it. It was easy to add comment then i had a bit trouble to get the comment getting displayed in the details pane...after playing...
  10. Add more detail to the "Details Pane" in the explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Add more detail to the "Details Pane" in the explorer: Hey, I have a question about the details pane. Can I add a few more parameters to the little preview window on the right? (For music like BPM, Publisher etc) [img] 25119