Windows 10: Missing input language options on a taskbar in the secondary monitor

Discus and support Missing input language options on a taskbar in the secondary monitor in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Screenshot of the problem : https://imgur.com/a/JW8jwb6 I don't know when or how this bug has happened, but it's now annoying to try to write in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Cryxe, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Cryxe Win User

Missing input language options on a taskbar in the secondary monitor

Screenshot of the problem : https://imgur.com/a/JW8jwb6

I don't know when or how this bug has happened, but it's now annoying to try to write in french since the language input is no longer available.

I've restarted my PC with no luck.

EDIT : Since I have duo-monitor set-up, I've actually changed the location of my "main" taskbar from my secondary monitor to my primary montior, and the language input works correctly! But when I go back to placing it in my secondary monitor, the bug happens again.

***Modified the title from Language input via the taskbar has a black window to appear instead of my keyboard language I've set it. I need help to fix this***

:)

Cryxe, Dec 13, 2018

2. Taskbar on second monitor

Hi all,

I've got a Surface 4 Pro and am having an issue where the taskbar is showing on the secondary monitor. My external monitor is designated as the 'main display' and is to the left of the Surface. The desktop is extended onto the external monitor.

It's easy enough to drag the taskbar over but I can't get it to stay.

Thinks I've tried(that didn't work):

• Lock the taskbar.
    • Turn off the 'Show taskbar on all displays' option
    • 'Auto hide' option has no effect.
    • Setting the Surface display as the primary, rebooting, setting the external monitor as primary

Any ideas?

erickson.brian, Dec 13, 2018
  3. Ajhmain Win User
    The taskbar locked to bottom of secondary monitor moves to the primary monitor whenever primary monitor is switched on.

See the title.

I have the taskbar locked at the bottom of the secondary monitor so the primary monitor is completely empty for watching movies, games TV etc.

Whenever I turn the primary monitor on, the taskbar immediately jumps from the bottom of the seconday monitor over to the bottom of the primary monitor. I then need to untick the 'Locked' option on the taskbar, drag it back to the secondary and tick 'Locked'
    again.

The taskbar disrupts desktop icons on the primary and any application running on the primary monitor at the time and quite frustrating.

Primary monitor is an Asus PB328, connected via Display Port to the PC.

Secondary monitor is a Samsung 24 connected via DVI to the PC.

I expect the taskbar to remain where I place it when locked, regardless of monitors been switched on or off.

The sequence of turning on the primary and secondary monitors has no impact. As soon as the primary monitor (Asus on DP) is turned on, the locked taskbar moves to the primary display, regardless of whether the Samsung is on or not.

Ajhmain, Dec 13, 2018
  4. Missing input language options on a taskbar in the secondary monitor

Language keyboard input doesn't equal output

Hi,

Language input may vary depending on the Input method set on your keyboard settings. To sort your concern, we suggest that you check if the desired input is set correctly by following these steps:

• Type in Language and keyboard options on the search box.
    • Select the desired language that you're trying to set up.
    • Once you've selected the language, select Options.
    • Under Keyboards, select Microsoft IME and click
      Options.
    • Scroll down and select Open advanced settings.
    • A window will pop up. Under General tab, click the drop-down arrow for
      Input method and select the desired input.
    • Click OK.

Let us know if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

Missing input language options on a taskbar in the secondary monitor

1. Missing input language options on a taskbar in the secondary monitor - Similar Threads - Missing input language

2. Secondary monitor isn't display touch inputs.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Secondary monitor isn't display touch inputs.: Usb B touch on different display only changing stuff on the monitor and not the secondary display https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/secondary-monitor-isnt-display-touch-inputs/2c62536b-3b29-4b94-a2e2-af59594b6251
  3. Secondary monitor isn't display touch inputs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secondary monitor isn't display touch inputs.: Usb B touch on different display only changing stuff on the monitor and not the secondary display https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/secondary-monitor-isnt-display-touch-inputs/2c62536b-3b29-4b94-a2e2-af59594b6251
  4. Language options in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language options in the taskbar: Why does US keyboard language keep showing up for me in the taskbar even though it is not enabled in the settings see below? I have the same problem on both my windows 11 computers. If I can't remove it, how do I disable the win+spacebar so I don't switch to it by mistake?...
  5. Language options in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Language options in the taskbar: Why does US keyboard language keep showing up for me in the taskbar even though it is not enabled in the settings see below? I have the same problem on both my windows 11 computers. If I can't remove it, how do I disable the win+spacebar so I don't switch to it by mistake?...
  6. Input Language - Options not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Input Language - Options not working: Hi, When I try to click on the <Options> button, the Language page will hang and I have to close this Language windows, it is same for other language, e.g. Japanese. Please help to identify this issue. It happens to most of the Windows 10 PC domain joined. Thanks....
  7. Input Language - Options not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Input Language - Options not working: Hi, When I try to click on the <Options> button, the Language page will hang and I have to close this Language windows, it is same for other language, e.g. Japanese. Please help to identify this issue. It happens to most of the Windows 10 PC domain joined. Thanks....
  8. Input Language - Options not working

9. Move the taskbar on the secondary monitor and leave primary monitor with no taskbar

Move the taskbar on the secondary monitor and leave primary monitor with no taskbar: Hi.I would really appreciate more taskbar positioning options for the taskbar in Windows 11. I would really like to move the taskbar on the secondary monitor and leave primary monitor with no taskbar. If it is possible to do, I would really appreciate to know how. I already...
  10. Missing Language Options

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing Language Options: As seen in the screenshot, I am currently missing the options for the languages. May I know if there are any solutions to this?When I click into the first option, I get...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. missing chinese input in task bar