Windows 10: Missing items in context menu

Discus and support Missing items in context menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've noticed that when ever I right click on my Desktop: no longer have nvidia control panel as an option Files: no winrar options like add to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Anthony_cater, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Missing items in context menu

I've noticed that when ever I right click on my
    • Desktop: no longer have nvidia control panel as an option
    • Files: no winrar options like add to archive
    • Certain games: no locale emulator -> run in Japanese
    There's most likely other stuff missing from context menu too I just listed the ones I can remember. All these programs are still installed I just look them up in start menu and open them from there. I miss having theses apps in my right click any fix?

If it helps my specs are
    • Win10 home
    • Maximus VII hero
    • i5-4460
    • 16gb Ram
    • GTX 960

:)

Anthony_cater, Nov 23, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Modify Title of Context Menu Item

This is curiously difficult. No one utility seems to offer a complete list of context menu entries as far as I know.

For example, using Shellmenuview, you can access the relevant entry in Regedit. For some it appears to offer the ability to change that text:

Missing items in context menu [​IMG]

That's an installed program.

For others, it doesn't.

(That's a default Windows program....).

Note too the text appears in multiple places where the program is associated with multiple extensions.

The venerable ContextMenuEdit allows you to edit the text, but again, this is non-trivial- consider here the extension list supported by vlc player, undifferentiated in the left column:

To be consistent, each one would have to be edited- then if you changed player, all that would be lost.

Basically this, I suggest, is not worth pursuing except in very specific cases should there be a real need.

Considering the impact of upgrading, changes to installed program context menu entries should not be affected. Changes to Windows default entries- if that's even feasible, which I doubt, as I believe the text isn't in the registry, would be restored to default.

dalchina, Nov 23, 2020
  3. Add or Remove Start Context menu items

Nyima,

I was not asking about adding and removing regular app items to the start menu, but rather adding or removing items from the Context Menu (Win+X). Specifically, I would like to add the Devices and Printers item to the list.

Thank you for the response.

Crazy IT Dude, Nov 23, 2020
  4. Missing items in context menu

Context menu of Recent item of pinned taskbar missing

So this happened to me quite recently, the context menu of recent items from pinned taskbar items is blank now. I did not install anything new recently too, I have tried disabling context menu that are not from Windows using CCleaner's tool and also shexview but still can't get it to work. I really want to pin items and remove recent items. Can someone advise me on what to do next?

RustyHippo, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

Missing items in context menu

1. Missing items in context menu - Similar Threads - Missing items context

2. Context Menu Items are missing from C Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Context Menu Items are missing from C Drive: Hi,After opening C Drive, when I right click, all Context Menu Items except the New Folder is found to be missing.So currently any text document or other files in C drive cannot be created.Kindly help me with the issue.Thanks & Regards,Sanu...
  3. Context Menu Items are missing from C Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Context Menu Items are missing from C Drive: Hi,After opening C Drive, when I right click, all Context Menu Items except the New Folder is found to be missing.So currently any text document or other files in C drive cannot be created.Kindly help me with the issue.Thanks & Regards,Sanu...
  4. Context Menu Items are missing from C Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Context Menu Items are missing from C Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Explorer context menu new items are missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer context menu new items are missing: Hi,I am using Windows 11 and this started happening today.When I right click, it shows the explorer right click context menu, which includes New. If I hover over that, it shows a bunch of different office apps to choose from. However, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is not in...
  7. Explorer context menu new items are missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer context menu new items are missing: Hi,I am using Windows 11 and this started happening today.When I right click, it shows the explorer right click context menu, which includes New. If I hover over that, it shows a bunch of different office apps to choose from. However, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is not in...
  8. Word Context Menu Item Missing

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word Context Menu Item Missing: Hello I am having a problem related to the above topic. My menu entry for the Word Document is missing from the context menu. The registry key is there, but the menu entry is not. I am using the Office 365 x64 version. [img] I already wrote here but did not arrive at a...
  9. A lot of items in context menu suddenly went missing

in Windows 10 Support
    A lot of items in context menu suddenly went missing: Short version: Title Long version: Also title. And I checked inside Programs and Features to see if any programs did this. Only Adobe Flash Player + Firefox + Avast updating themselves, and I installed K-Lite and WinCDEmu. Pretty sure K-Lite was not the problem. WinCDEmu...
  10. Context menu of Recent item of pinned taskbar missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Context menu of Recent item of pinned taskbar missing: So this happened to me quite recently, the context menu of recent items from pinned taskbar items is blank now. I did not install anything new recently too, I have tried disabling context menu that are not from Windows using CCleaner's tool and also shexview but still can't...