Windows 10: Missing Items in Protection history for Windows Defender on my Windows 10 laptop Dell...

Discus and support Missing Items in Protection history for Windows Defender on my Windows 10 laptop Dell... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Why can't I view the protection history for Windows Defender on my Windows 10 laptop? It appears to have been erased. Defender detected a couple... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DouglasMartin5, Mar 27, 2021.

1. Missing Items in Protection history for Windows Defender on my Windows 10 laptop Dell...

Why can't I view the protection history for Windows Defender on my Windows 10 laptop? It appears to have been erased.

Defender detected a couple of virus threats on this laptop last September. I quarantined them and successfully removed one of them. The other one couldn't be deleted for some reason. Then several days later, the list of threats had disappeared. Any record of the threats having occurred was simply gone from the protection history.

How do I recover the history record} of those threats being detected on this computer?

:)

DouglasMartin5, Mar 27, 2021
  2. vicf1 Win User

Clear Windows Security Center (Defender) Protection History

Did not work for me. After going through all steps I still have protection history full

vicf1, Mar 27, 2021
  3. Zehlewi Win User
    Clearing Windows Defender history

Hey, what you need to do is so simple, just follow the steps below exactly in order:
    1. Turn OFF Real-time Protection
    2. Turn OFF Cloud-delivered Protection
    3. Go to this folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\Service
    4. Delete the contents in the folder
    5. Turn ON Real-time Protection
    6. Turn ON Cloud-delivered Protection
    That's it... Now check protection History, it's empty.
    Done!

Zehlewi, Mar 27, 2021
  4. Time Lady Win User

Missing Items in Protection history for Windows Defender on my Windows 10 laptop Dell...

Windows defender protection history is missing

Hi, have you had any other help yet?

I have another suggestion, check under filter to see what’s set, if there’s a show all then select that.

See if anything is listed under here:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\Service

Defender will automatically remove entries after 30 days anyway so unless you’re checking regularly there may be 0 entries shown due to this.

Time Lady, Mar 27, 2021
Thema:

Missing Items in Protection history for Windows Defender on my Windows 10 laptop Dell...

1. Missing Items in Protection history for Windows Defender on my Windows 10 laptop Dell... - Similar Threads - Missing Items Protection

2. Missing protection history - windows defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Missing protection history - windows defender: For anyone having trouble with missing protection history in Win Defender. Try going into CMD from Troubleshoot and type:del "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\Service\DetectionHistory\*"del "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows...
  3. Defender Protection history

Defender Protection history: Hello!I deleted my protection history.I know this may sound stupidBut will defender still detect threats?I deleted the contents of service file and not the service file itselfI don't know much about tech.Thank you:...
  4. My protection history on Windows Defender

My protection history on Windows Defender: So there is an potentially unwanted app, and whenever I go to my protection history, it's all gone which is abnormal. And I want to know how to find and remove this virus and fix my protection history to find it....
  5. Windows Defender Protection History With Windows 10

Windows Defender Protection History With Windows 10: In the Virus And Threat Protection section of Windows Defender for Windows 10, I have tried using multiple methods to delete all Low Threat items from the Protection History log. Nothing will delete them. And they have been there going back to April 6, 2021. They are supposed...
  6. Windows Defender Protection History With Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Defender Protection History With Windows 10: In the Virus And Threat Protection section of Windows Defender for Windows 10, I have tried using multiple methods to delete all Low Threat items from the Protection History log. Nothing will delete them. And they have been there going back to April 6, 2021. They are supposed...
  7. Windows defender protection history is missing

Windows defender protection history is missing: my protection history isnt working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-protection-history-is-missing/ee32a817-3e64-4da5-8577-1e4ff7e77b72
  8. Windows Defender protection history

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender protection history: I want to know something about Windows Defender protection history. I looked up how long it would stay and the result was that the default is 30 days. I'm talking about when you go to Settings > Virus and Threat Protection > Protection History. It has been 30 days since the...
  9. Windows Defender Protection History

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Defender Protection History: Recently, Defender notified me my computer had the Trojan virus. I went to Defender to do a scan and to get rid of that. After that, I did a full scan. Now, when I go to Protection History, it keeps crashing. I don't know whats happening. Someone help....
  10. Windows defender protection history is missing

Windows defender protection history is missing: Hi guys, i need your help, as i am having an issue here since around 2 weeks ago. when you go to the Windows Defender --> Virus & Threat Protection --> Ransomware Protection --> Block history is missing and showing blank page. Same is if you go to Windows Defender -->...