Windows 10: Missing left channel sound following latest update

Discus and support Missing left channel sound following latest update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I now have missing sound in the left audio channel on all streaming sources. I am pretty certain this occurred following the September 8th update.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Viawind, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Viawind Win User

Missing left channel sound following latest update

I now have missing sound in the left audio channel on all streaming sources. I am pretty certain this occurred following the September 8th update. Rebooting does not help. PC is i7 with 16GB of memory. Windows 10 Professional 2004 with all subsequent updates applied. HT Omega sound card. Help please?

:)

Viawind, Sep 18, 2020

2. Sound missing after update installation

Hello Dinesh,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Method 1:

Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.

Method 2:

Sound problems can be caused by cables that aren't connected properly, damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card.

I request you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the Sound card Drivers

a. Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

b. Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

c. Search for the Sound driver from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then
    remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.

d. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Sound Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Sound Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I also request you to follow the below article:

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Sep 18, 2020
  3. I got no sound microsoft or horrible sound

Hi Roger,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• What happens exactly when you try to play the sound?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow below steps and check.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 18, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

Missing sound packs?

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1

Check if the Windows Audio Manager Service is running. To do so, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R.

• Type “Services.msc” and press
      Enter

• Double-click Windows Audio Manager.

• Set the Startup type of Windows Audio Manager to
      Manual

• Click Start to start the service. Click
      OK.
    Method 2

I suggest you to try updating the Sound drivers check if it works for you. Follow the steps to update the sound driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Sound, Video and Game Controllers’.
    • Right-click on the Sound device listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and sound drivers.

Method 3: Run SFC Scan

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. Run the System File Checker (SFC) scan to fix any corrupted files. Follow these steps:

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833?wa=wsignin1.0

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Missing left channel sound following latest update - Similar Threads - Missing left channel

2. Sound problems left channel of sound driver are not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound problems left channel of sound driver are not working properly: Sound problems left channel of sound driver are not working properly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-problems-left-channel-of-sound-driver-are/9b1c216d-7cd2-455f-a720-a67cd8ba5932
  3. Sound problems left channel of sound driver are not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound problems left channel of sound driver are not working properly: Sound problems left channel of sound driver are not working properly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-problems-left-channel-of-sound-driver-are/9b1c216d-7cd2-455f-a720-a67cd8ba5932
  4. No Internet connection following latest W10 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Internet connection following latest W10 update: I can not connect to the Internet since running the latest Windows 10 update on my Dell Laptop. It was fine for a short while but just stopped. The trouble shooter tells me that " Security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection" but I doubt it. My other devices...
  5. Following Latest Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Following Latest Updates: Whilst doing latest updates to win 10 i was wondering whats in store in the future as already in pipeline? Is win 10 just going to be upgrades for the foreseeable future or is there another 'new' realise in development? 144395
  6. Following Latest Updates

in Windows 10 Support
    Following Latest Updates: Whilst doing latest updates to win 10 i was wondering whats in store in the future as already in pipeline? Is win 10 just going to be upgrades for the foreseeable future or is there another 'new' realise in development? 144395
  7. Machine will not boot following latest Win10 Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Machine will not boot following latest Win10 Updates: My son just installed the most recent updates for Win10 64 bit. Now we cannot boot the machine up at all. When power is turned on it gives the following message: [ATTACH] I've gone into the BIOS and changed the boot order to every option and nothing works. It's...
  8. The latest Windows 10 update left me without internet and sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The latest Windows 10 update left me without internet and sound: I just want to express my sincere frustration by letting the bunch of mentally disabled people who work on digging the Windows graveyard know that you just wasted at least 1h 30 of my life when I was just minding my business using this dying product of yours. I got a prompt...
  9. Muting left/right channel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Muting left/right channel: Hi, I am developing an application which requires me to mute left/right individually while listening to continuous audio output via headphone/earphone. I have tried the following options in windows 7, 8,8.1,10 laptops, - Adjusting the balance levels in playback device...
  10. BSOD Following Latest Windows Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Following Latest Windows Update: I'm in a bit of a pickle in that the latest Update killed my rig. I get a stop report BSOD and Windows won't even boot. Back in the day, I would have just grabbed the Windows 7 DVD, re-installed and off I go. But I don't have a Windows 10 DVD and the licence key I have is...