Windows 10: Missing lock files after windows update

Discus and support Missing lock files after windows update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Ive created a lock folder before using a notepad with this method https://youtu.be/RlG307IyztA then Ive realize the files has gone after the windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ceisp, May 15, 2020.

1. Ceisp Win User

Missing lock files after windows update

Ive created a lock folder before using a notepad with this method https://youtu.be/RlG307IyztA then Ive realize the files has gone after the windows update . I cant locate the the main folder except the small folders that are already in there which I cant open because its lock .Ive tried the search bar it didnt appear .Would be nice if anyone can help me get my files back

:)

Ceisp, May 15, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 15, 2020
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, May 15, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Missing lock files after windows update - Similar Threads - Missing lock files

2. File Explorer missing after Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer missing after Windows update: How to restore File Explorer? No icons on start, desktop, taskbar. Disappeared immediately after Windows update completed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-missing-after-windows-update/c12a93f5-72c1-436c-be04-a5816ca1045c
  3. File Explorer missing after Windows update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer missing after Windows update: How to restore File Explorer? No icons on start, desktop, taskbar. Disappeared immediately after Windows update completed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-missing-after-windows-update/c12a93f5-72c1-436c-be04-a5816ca1045c
  4. File Explorer missing after Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Missing files after windows update.

Missing files after windows update.: Hi. Im having difficulties with a problem and I am hoping someone can help me. I've looked all over the internet but nothing I read about helps with my problem. My problem is that I just updated Windows with the latest update and my pc is fine. I then plugged in my external...
  6. Files locked after windows 10 update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Files locked after windows 10 update: I recently updated my windows 7 to windows 10. Realised my google drive folder, in window.old that has been carried in from windows 7 seem to be encrypted, it has a lock sign. I have tried decryption it by various methods available, nothing seems to work, changed security...
  7. Missing file after update

Missing file after update: After upgrading my windows with a new update of windows 1903, I am getting a message saying : There was a problem starting C:\windows\system32\LogiLDA.dll The specified module could not be found. This message appears whenever my windows starts. What should I do ?...
  8. Files missing after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Files missing after windows 10 update: Hi , Windows 10 started taking matters on its own hands again and yesterday it performed an update without my permission. Apart from restarting and doing staff on its own this time it considered my files as disposable and deleted them! After spending a few hours and...
  9. Missing desktop files after Windows update

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing desktop files after Windows update: Hi, I have a year 2010 Asus PC with Windows 10. After the latest Windows 10 update, a few document files are missing from my desktop. I used file explorer to search for one of the files but could not find the latest version. Can anyone help? Thanks!! 65749
  10. Missing file after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing file after Windows 10 update: I got the Windows 10 Creator's Update last night, but when starting up Windows, I get this RunDLL error message, stating: There was a problem starting V0700Pin.dll The specified module could not be found. It doesn't seem to cause any problems, but it's annoying...