Windows 10: Missing Lockscreen Random Pretty Pictures from Microsoft

Discus and support Missing Lockscreen Random Pretty Pictures from Microsoft in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently had a problem with the computer on restart in which I was in a TEMP workspace losing all my information. Working with Microsoft Support,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MesPia, Nov 3, 2019.

1. MesPia Win User

Missing Lockscreen Random Pretty Pictures from Microsoft

I recently had a problem with the computer on restart in which I was in a TEMP workspace losing all my information. Working with Microsoft Support, the problem was resolved with several restarts of the computer. However, since the restarts, I no longer have those pretty lockscreen pictures from around the world that Windows would display. I can only pick one picture or have to use a slideshow from my own pictures. How do I get that world-view set of pictures to redisplay on sleep or lockscreen?

:)

MesPia, Nov 3, 2019

2. Lockscreen Picture Issue

Hi,

So I've been having issues with personalizing my lockscreen, it won't let me change the picture setting from Windows Spotlight. Along with it not letting me change the settings, when I finally get to the settings don't seem to get saved. I'll have set up
    my lockscreen picture and my screensaver the night before and wake up to find they've been changed back to the default settings. I've tried restarting it, checking/updating the computer, looking through the forums, scan the internal workings of the system,
    pretty much almost everything I can think of, yet nothing has worked. When I first got the computer I had no problems with changing the picture and having it stay that way. I'm really at a loss with what I could do to fix it and I'd really hate to have to
    buy a brand new computer or something when I've only had the thing for less than a year. It's updated to Windows 10, so I'm not sure if it's a bug in the system or something wrong with the computer itself, but if anyone has any suggestions it would be very
    much appreciated.

PrincessMouse, Nov 3, 2019
  3. Graphics or Pictures missing

To assist you better, we would suggest that you try to follow the steps below:

For Internet Explorer

• Click on Tools.
    • Select Internet Options.
    • Choose Advanced.
    • In the Multimedia section of the list, make sure that the option Show Pictures
      is checked.

Thank you.

Marivel Man, Nov 3, 2019
  4. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Nov 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Missing Lockscreen Random Pretty Pictures from Microsoft - Similar Threads - Missing Lockscreen Random

2. Lockscreen gets blue ribbon picture instead of random landscape pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lockscreen gets blue ribbon picture instead of random landscape pictures: What happened to the lockscreen / login screen background pictures in Windows 11? It was working fine until the past couple of days, now all I get is the boring blue ribbon background picture. I tried everything I could find in several hours in Windows fix forums. My...
  3. Lockscreen gets blue ribbon picture instead of random landscape pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lockscreen gets blue ribbon picture instead of random landscape pictures: What happened to the lockscreen / login screen background pictures in Windows 11? It was working fine until the past couple of days, now all I get is the boring blue ribbon background picture. I tried everything I could find in several hours in Windows fix forums. My...
  4. Picture for lockscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Picture for lockscreen: I want my computer to start up in my lock screen with a picture. The picture is in settings personalization background choose your picture it is the first blue picture on the left hand side. I want to be able to access that picture in lock screen choose your picture. Can...
  5. Picture for lockscreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Picture for lockscreen: I want my computer to start up in my lock screen with a picture. The picture is in settings personalization background choose your picture it is the first blue picture on the left hand side. I want to be able to access that picture in lock screen choose your picture. Can...
  6. Picture for lockscreen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Account picture on lockscreen

Account picture on lockscreen: Hi, I updated my Laptop to the Windows10, version 2004. Ever since the update, the account picture on the lock screen is pixelated. Any help is appreciated. I'm attaching the picture.[ATTACH]...
  8. Wrong Picture On Lockscreen

in Windows 10 Support
    Wrong Picture On Lockscreen: Hi all, I have put Christmas pictures on my wife's computer (Same spec as mine). She wanted both the lock screen and the desktop pictures to change daily. I accomplished that alright but when the computer boots to the place where it wants the password input instead of a...
  9. lockscreen pictures

lockscreen pictures: Hello, It has been few days since I am not able to see where the wonderful picture on my lockscreen are taken. Before I used to have that option on the upper right of my screen and now I can only see the time on the lower left of my laptop. What can I do. I want that...
  10. Lockscreen pictures

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lockscreen pictures: My lockscreen pictures will not cycle through the slideshow. How do I get this to work again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lockscreen-pictures/006c8cbc-cc5f-4da3-8ec4-256bc6fbe993