Windows 10: Missing megabytes.

Discus and support Missing megabytes. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello I have an MS Lumia 550 and with only 8 Gigabytes storage and with Windows taking up a chunk of that I haven't much space left. In settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Hereward1059, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Missing megabytes.

Hello I have an MS Lumia 550 and with only 8 Gigabytes storage and with Windows taking up a chunk of that I haven't much space left. In settings 'Storage>This device>Pictures' it says there is 95.1MB of pictures yet the only image I have saved is 1 at just 1.21MB can anyone explain this difference? Thank you Ward.

:)

Hereward1059, Nov 16, 2017
  2. Sam___ Win User

Mebibytes to Megabytes

Hi Jacob,

No, there is no way of changing it. While your drive most certainly does have 1TB in computer notation that's around 930GB.

-Sam

Sam___, Nov 16, 2017
  3. Mebibytes to Megabytes

Ok thanks

Jacob20021975, Nov 16, 2017
  4. Plankton Win User

Missing megabytes.

It's in your cache for that particular folder. Go to settings, file explorer, then go through each file and clear the cache. Your next option would be to add a micro SD card and set that as your default for everything.

Plankton, Nov 16, 2017
  5. Thanks for your help, Although I posted about the hardware being an MS Lumia I should have stated that the OS was for Windows mobile however as per your advice I looked in settings and file explorer isn't listed. The Pictures folder is listed in settings but the reset option is greyed out.

Hereward1059, Nov 16, 2017
  6. spunk Win User
    spunk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Missing megabytes.

1. Missing megabytes. - Similar Threads - Missing megabytes

2. Why are some or all of my messages missing from the Phone Link?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are some or all of my messages missing from the Phone Link?: I have set up my Link to Windows on my Samsung Zfold5 phone. For my text message I'm using the messages app that was on my phone. When I linked my phone to my computer using the pre-installed link to Windows on the phone and phone link on the PC, not all of my texts came...
  3. Why are some or all of my messages missing from the Phone Link?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are some or all of my messages missing from the Phone Link?: I have set up my Link to Windows on my Samsung Zfold5 phone. For my text message I'm using the messages app that was on my phone. When I linked my phone to my computer using the pre-installed link to Windows on the phone and phone link on the PC, not all of my texts came...
  4. Administrative Templates Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrative Templates Missing: I'm trying to find the Administrative templates in the Group Policy Editor.I followed the instructions for installing gpedit on my 64-bit machine in https://www.itechtics.com/enable-gpedit-windows-10-home/I can now see the Local Group Policy Editor as shown below, but the...
  5. Administrative Templates Missing

Administrative Templates Missing: I'm trying to find the Administrative templates in the Group Policy Editor.I followed the instructions for installing gpedit on my 64-bit machine in https://www.itechtics.com/enable-gpedit-windows-10-home/I can now see the Local Group Policy Editor as shown below, but the...
  6. Administrative Templates Missing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Realtek Audio Enhancement Tab Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio Enhancement Tab Missing: This request was translated and the grammar may be incorrect.PC : Gigabyte KD G5system : WINDOWS 11 Windows 11 Sound Panel Realtek sound effect enhancement function disappears Realtek sound effect version: 6.0.9635.1. I have tried updating with the device administrator and...
  8. Realtek Audio Enhancement Tab Missing

Realtek Audio Enhancement Tab Missing: This request was translated and the grammar may be incorrect.PC : Gigabyte KD G5system : WINDOWS 11 Windows 11 Sound Panel Realtek sound effect enhancement function disappears Realtek sound effect version: 6.0.9635.1. I have tried updating with the device administrator and...
  9. Bluetooth Drivers Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Drivers Missing: Hi, I was just working and listening to music when suddenly my computer shut off. It turned back on again and looks like it just restarted, but as soon as I logged back on I couldn't connect my headphones. I go to check my settings, and it says "Bluetooth is turned off"....
  10. Bluetooth Drivers Missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Drivers Missing: Hi, I was just working and listening to music when suddenly my computer shut off. It turned back on again and looks like it just restarted, but as soon as I logged back on I couldn't connect my headphones. I go to check my settings, and it says "Bluetooth is turned off"....