Windows 10: missing memory after hardware change

Discus and support missing memory after hardware change in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; ok here what is going on, i replace my mother board, cpu, an memory on my desktop that is running windows 10. i got 8gb in the slots, but only 4gb is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MichaelShaunessy, May 18, 2020.

1. missing memory after hardware change

ok here what is going on, i replace my mother board, cpu, an memory on my desktop that is running windows 10. i got 8gb in the slots, but only 4gb is showing. both ram sticks are good as i used speccy to detect them. i know you have to reactivate windows to change the hardware, but i did not click "I changed hardware on this device recently" link. my bad how do i fix this?

:)

MichaelShaunessy, May 18, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 18, 2020
  3. FrankS Win User
    Safely Remove Hardware icon missing

Hi
    In the last few days the 'Safely Remove Hardware' icon has gone missing from my Taskbar. Also, if I right-click on the USB stick or USB hard drive in 'This Computer' the Eject option is missing.
    In PC Settings/Personalisation/Taskbar/Notification area/Select which icons appear on the taskbar I have 'Always show all icons in the notification area' switched on & all items in the list are in the 'on' state including 'Windows Explorer (Safely Remove Hardware & Eject Media).
    Any suggestions?

FrankS, May 18, 2020
  4. missing memory after hardware change

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, May 18, 2020
Thema:

missing memory after hardware change

1. missing memory after hardware change - Similar Threads - missing memory hardware

2. Windows Reactivation After Hardware Change device missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Reactivation After Hardware Change device missing: After fully changing the hardware of my PC, windows 11 is not activated. l logged in with my Microsoft Account on the machine and tired to troubleshoot it, l tried using the "l changed hardware on this device recently" but in the list of device l can't see my new device even...
  3. Windows Reactivation After Hardware Change device missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Reactivation After Hardware Change device missing: After fully changing the hardware of my PC, windows 11 is not activated. l logged in with my Microsoft Account on the machine and tired to troubleshoot it, l tried using the "l changed hardware on this device recently" but in the list of device l can't see my new device even...
  4. Change Hardware reserved memory to 2GB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Change Hardware reserved memory to 2GB: Hello I open my laptop to check my ram sticks then when I put it back my 2gb reserve became 4gb so how do I change the 4gb to 2gb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-hardware-reserved-memory-to-2gb/a8e6d6d2-be05-4a62-8d5f-2ae6d4a13882
  5. Change Hardware reserved memory to 2GB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Hardware reserved memory to 2GB: Hello I open my laptop to check my ram sticks then when I put it back my 2gb reserve became 4gb so how do I change the 4gb to 2gb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-hardware-reserved-memory-to-2gb/a8e6d6d2-be05-4a62-8d5f-2ae6d4a13882
  6. Change Hardware reserved memory to 2GB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How to Change Hardware Reserved Memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Change Hardware Reserved Memory: I currently have 12gb of RAM installed on my PC but exactly 8.0gb is reserved for hardware. I have looked around online and have found 3 solutions all of which failed to yield any successful results, these results being: editing registry edit, changing msconfig advanced boot...
  8. How to Change Hardware Reserved Memory

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to Change Hardware Reserved Memory: I currently have 12gb of RAM installed on my PC but exactly 8.0gb is reserved for hardware. I have looked around online and have found 3 solutions all of which failed to yield any successful results, these results being: editing registry edit, changing msconfig advanced boot...
  9. Change Hardware reserved memory to 2GB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Hardware reserved memory to 2GB: Hello I just installed a RAM module on my laptop, but my hardware reserved memory remains 298MB, I want to change this to 2GB, I found out how to change this but I am not sure to what value I am supposed to enter as I don't know what unit it is. Could someone please tell me...
  10. Change Hardware reserved memory to 2GB

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Hardware reserved memory to 2GB: Hello I just installed a RAM module on my laptop, but my hardware reserved memory remains 298MB, I want to change this to 2GB, I found out how to change this but I am not sure to what value I am supposed to enter as I don't know what unit it is. Could someone please tell me...