Windows 10: Missing Menu Options

Discus and support Missing Menu Options in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have having difficulties connecting a xbox one controller to my windows PC. I have spent a long amount of time determining that it is not a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by GrantD19, Jan 9, 2019.

1. GrantD19 Win User

Missing Menu Options

I have having difficulties connecting a xbox one controller to my windows PC. I have spent a long amount of time determining that it is not a controller but a PC issue. During my call with tech support one suggested step was to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter, however when I look for this option in the update and security settings menu under troubleshoot, it does not appear. See attached screenshot for what my menu looks like. How do I make this option reappear? The controller does not connect via bluetooth or USB cable so this is why I believe the problem is along this path.

Missing Menu Options e64b4130-85b0-4ae6-98a0-c26aa48843e3?upload=true.jpg

:)

GrantD19, Jan 9, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

missing icons in start menu

Hi Wickiwizard,

It is possible that the icon of your apps in Start menu is missing due to a corrupted system files. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with icons in Start menu?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot problems with Start menu or Cortana.

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you follow the suggestion shared by
    Meliton Dec on this thread.
    The given troubleshooting steps will help repair or reset not only missing apps but also lost icon.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jan 9, 2019
  3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestions - move to proper menus, add Options window

Suggestions:
    1) Remove main menus from top left menu (system menu) and move them to a standard Windows menu, at the top.
    Leave the 6 system menu items (Restore --- Close) in system menu, move all the rest to that standard main menu. The main menu can be auto-hidable - pressing Alt key to invoke it or hide it, similar to the way IE11 menus and many Windows 10 built-in apps' menus work.

2) And/or, add an Options menu or button, which would invoke a separate screen with GPU-Z Options, similar to how most Windows apps work.
    Most Windows apps have a separate Options screen, which GPU-Z lacks - one should be added.

Thanks in advance for listening!

Naki, Jan 9, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Missing Menu Options

Radeon Overlay not displaying all options

Ok, I got a question. The options to hide the overlay are confusing. What are the steps to turn on the overlay in-game? Not interested in logging much at the moment. Is Alt-R part of turning it on/off?

Sasqui, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

Missing Menu Options

1. Missing Menu Options - Similar Threads - Missing Menu Options

2. "Reset this PC" option missing on Recovery menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Reset this PC" option missing on Recovery menu: After a clean install of windows 11 in my Asus laptop there is no reset this pc option in the advanced start upRecovery Menu. Usually there would be two options inside the troubleshoot menu of the advanced start up. But now there is only one , the "reset this pc" option is...
  3. Missing options in Context menu/New

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing options in Context menu/New: As the image below shows, I'm missing the new text file option and several others I know I've seen before.I don't know when these options disappeared or if I ever had them. I mainly played games for a few months after upgrading to Windows 11.I'm fully prepared to edit the...
  4. Missing options in Context menu/New

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing options in Context menu/New: As the image below shows, I'm missing the new text file option and several others I know I've seen before.I don't know when these options disappeared or if I ever had them. I mainly played games for a few months after upgrading to Windows 11.I'm fully prepared to edit the...
  5. Missing context menu options following update

Missing context menu options following update: Hello team,Following a recent update, I am missing my context menu options. I have been able to restore the WinRAR ones via the app, but OneDrive options are limited. This is significantly impacting my workflow as I sync alot of work folders with my local machine and share...
  6. "Convert to" option missing in context menu

"Convert to" option missing in context menu: Dear Microsoft, previously when I was a windows10 user, I had an option named "Convert to" or something like that from where I used to convert my PDF files to excel, word, or PowerPoint...but after the windows 11 update I noticed that option as missing in my context menu the...
  7. "Convert to" option missing in context menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Convert to" option missing in context menu: Dear Microsoft, previously when I was a windows10 user, I had an option named "Convert to" or something like that from where I used to convert my PDF files to excel, word, or PowerPoint...but after the windows 11 update I noticed that option as missing in my context menu the...
  8. Missing Pin Option in Sign-In Options Menu

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Missing Pin Option in Sign-In Options Menu: Despite having registered a PIN when first prompted, the option to change my PIN seems to be missing from my sign-in options. Is there a way to fix this? [ATTACH]...
  9. context menu is missing the 'OPEN' option

in Windows 10 Customization
    context menu is missing the 'OPEN' option: context menu is missing the 'OPEN' option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/context-menu-is-missing-the-open-option/0d7c340c-17ef-4b71-893c-e6da8327f7e2
  10. Options missing from file context menu.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Options missing from file context menu.: when I go to file explorer and open a file and I want to cope or deleted it I right click on the file and and window open up and I cant see the words to fine cope or deleted. How do I change it so I can see the words when I right click. ***Title changed from: [missing...