Windows 10: Missing Minimize function

Discus and support Missing Minimize function in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When i logged into my computer today, the minimize function was gone. My screen doesnt look like my friends who has the exact same laptop as me. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by hcapra, Sep 30, 2019.

1. hcapra Win User

Missing Minimize function

When i logged into my computer today, the minimize function was gone. My screen doesnt look like my friends who has the exact same laptop as me. I cannot minimize anything or see my desktop. my only option is to completely exit out of the tabs. I attached a screenshot of my screen. please help.

Missing Minimize function 63f31421-12ba-44ed-9bf8-a92a2a6f0502?upload=true.png

:)

hcapra, Sep 30, 2019

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Sep 30, 2019
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Sep 30, 2019
  4. Missing Minimize function

alt-key functionality

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Single Click on the file.
    • Tap F2 ( Function Key).
    • Then type the name and enter.
    Hope this answers your query and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

Missing Minimize function

1. Missing Minimize function - Similar Threads - Missing Minimize function

2. minimize/maximize/close buttons missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    minimize/maximize/close buttons missing: minimize/maximize/close buttons missing.The location of these buttons is active but the buttons themselves are not visible. I have also found that several other selectable buttons on other programs and applications are also not visible. The mouse can select these buttons if I...
  3. minimize/maximize/close buttons missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    minimize/maximize/close buttons missing: minimize/maximize/close buttons missing.The location of these buttons is active but the buttons themselves are not visible. I have also found that several other selectable buttons on other programs and applications are also not visible. The mouse can select these buttons if I...
  4. minimize/maximize/close buttons missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. CORTANA' S FUNCTIONS MISSING!!

in Cortana
    CORTANA' S FUNCTIONS MISSING!!: [ATTACH] THIS IS VISIBLE TO ME [ATTACH] AND IN THE MENU BAR ONLY THIS IS VISIBLE. WHERE IS MY LEFT PANEL?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-s-functions-missing/099de354-164c-4fa9-8376-edafc27c12d1
  6. windows minimize icon missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows minimize icon missing: On some of my windows, the minimize feature is missing. The resize icon is also missing. I cleaned my screen surface while the computer was on and it scrambled all of my displays. How do I restore everything back?...
  7. Bluetooth functionality is now missing.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth functionality is now missing.: Hello not sure what happened but my Bluetooth toggle does not show up in the Bluetooth Menu. Asus GL502VT-BSI7N27 WIndows 10 Home - Version 1909 Build - 18363.592 Tried 1Bluetooth fix wizard, 2 updating the from manufacturers drivers 3 Windows key + R for msconfig...
  8. minimize/maximize/close buttons missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    minimize/maximize/close buttons missing: minimize/maximize/close buttons missing on top right of screen how do I get them back pls https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minimizemaximizeclose-buttons-missing/c54e564a-dd2a-4e28-a6c7-869a03ba6fe6
  9. Biometrics Missing and Not Functioning

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Biometrics Missing and Not Functioning: Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron 5558 PC laptop running Windows 10. I have tried to activate Windows Hello, and searched for the fingerprint reader in the Device manager. However, there isn't even a biometrics category! So there isn't a fingerprint or facial recognition...
  10. minimize/maximize missing on laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    minimize/maximize missing on laptop: On all my other computers I have minimize/maximize showing in upper right hand corner. My laptop does not. Is there a setting I am missing. Both are running FCU. 106520

Users found this page by searching for:

1. tabs missing minimize

2. how to dsplay and use minimize and maximize in windows 10

3. window minimize function disappeared