Windows 10: Missing most of my System Restore Points

Discus and support Missing most of my System Restore Points in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hello: I usually manually create system restore points before and after any installation/un-installation I do. I allocate 20% of disk space to System... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by eliuri, Oct 15, 2018.

1. eliuri Win User

Missing most of my System Restore Points

Hello:

I usually manually create system restore points before and after any installation/un-installation I do. I allocate 20% of disk space to System Restore.

A few hours ago, I noticed that I have only two days worth of SR points. I should have had about 10 days worth. I certainly have more than enough space for those. So it wasn't FIFO that could have eliminated them. Nor was there a Windows Update from when I last saw all my SR points.

What might have caused those SR point deletions, and how to prevent that in the future

Eli

Windows 10 Version: 1803

:)

eliuri, Oct 15, 2018
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Windows 10 System Restore Show More Restore Points Box Missing and Restore Points Being Deleted or Missing

Hi Steven,

There are several reasons why the Show more restore points check box is missing. Some of these are the following:

• You run out of disk space on the system drive or on any one of the available non-system drives, and System Restore stops responding and stops monitoring your system.
    • You manually turn System Restore off.
    • You upgrade from one operating system to another or you reinstall the operating system

In your case, as you have reinstalled Windows, it's possible that all restore points are deleted, that's why the
    Show more restore points check box is not appearing. Did you delete all the partitions when you reinstall Windows? If yes, then all the manually and automatically created restore points will disappear. For further isolation of the issue, we suggest that
    you create a new restore point and monitor if it will disappear in a few days just like the others.

We'll wait for your response.

Anne Ros, Oct 15, 2018
  3. 1369lal Win User
    recover System retore points missing

I am running Windows 10 and my System restore points are missing. I know I have created these and saw them listed in the System restore screen. The restore points are configured correctly with ample memory for the restore points. Can these be restored?

1369lal, Oct 15, 2018
  4. Mark Ole Win User

Missing icons / buttons after System Restore

Hi Terrie,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try to undo the restore or pick another restore point.

Please follow these steps to access system restore:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

1. Missing most of my System Restore Points - Similar Threads - Missing System Restore

2. Missing system restore points

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing system restore points: I would like to congratulate the Microsoft techs. After more than two years Microsoft finally fix my disappearing system restore points. Seems KB5008212 in December 2021 seems to have resolved the issue!Thanks, but it should not have taken so long....
  3. Missing system restore points

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing system restore points: I would like to congratulate the Microsoft techs. After more than two years Microsoft finally fix my disappearing system restore points. Seems KB5008212 in December 2021 seems to have resolved the issue!Thanks, but it should not have taken so long....
  4. Missing system restore points

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. System restore restore point

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System restore restore point: Hello,There is something wrong with my computer so I wanted to run system restore but all I see is one restore point when I go to the menu even when I click choose a different restore point. I am POSITIVE that I made more then one restore point .Can you please help me...
  6. System restore restore point

System restore restore point: Hello,There is something wrong with my computer so I wanted to run system restore but all I see is one restore point when I go to the menu even when I click choose a different restore point. I am POSITIVE that I made more then one restore point .Can you please help me...
  7. System Restore Points: Sometimes They Stay, Most of the Time Not

System Restore Points: Sometimes They Stay, Most of the Time Not: I've read many other discussions about system restore points disappearing, and none of them end up with a resolution. Nothing I can find online has fixed the problem. Yes, it's enabled. Yes, there's enough space on my drive. Yes, I've allocated enough disk space for the...
  8. Most of my System Restore points are missing!

Most of my System Restore points are missing!: Hello: I had about 7 days of system restore points. I manually create such points both before and after installing a program or uninstalling one. The System Restore feature is very valuable to me. This morning, I noticed I have only 2 days of restore points. It could not...
  9. System Restore is on But No Restore Points

System Restore is on But No Restore Points: I've had System Restore on for drive c: for the last 3 days. I want in there today ad there are no restore points/ Is this by default?!? James...
  10. System Restore Points Missing

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore Points Missing: I was thinking about restoring my hard drive to an earlier configuration to see if that would correct an issue I'm having with one of my applications. But when I opened the System Restore window, I was surprised to see only one Auto Restore Point, dated within the past week....