Windows 10: Missing mouse cursor style files

Discus and support Missing mouse cursor style files in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After the latest Windows feature update (version 1809), I no longer have the default mouse cursor styles. These are the ones that use the hourglass... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TheSturgenator, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Missing mouse cursor style files

After the latest Windows feature update (version 1809), I no longer have the default mouse cursor styles. These are the ones that use the hourglass when loading or busy and have the longer 'stalk' on the pointer. I can't even find the files for the style anymore in the folder where all the styles are saved. Has the latest update removed this mouse style? The option to select it, (none), is still there in the pointer menu and it still shows the correct preview images, but whenever I change to it, the style with the blue loading circle is used.

:)

TheSturgenator, Oct 4, 2018

2. Cursor style inconsistency

Hi,

To assist you better with your concern, may we confirm if you are having issues with retaining the changes you made on mouse settings?

Let me share with you the steps below to change the cursor style on Windows 10.

• On your Cortana, type 'Settings', and then press Enter.
    • Choose Ease of Access.
    • On the left pane, select Mouse.
    From there, you may now customize the pointer size and color.

See below screenshot for reference.

Missing mouse cursor style files f62da7aa-bced-4bf1-8e98-82fddbe58939.jpg

Looking forward to your response.

Jhessica Sur, Oct 4, 2018
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    No mouse cursor

Hi,

It is possible that the system did not recognize the mouse of your computer after it booted up. This can be the reason why you do not see the mouse cursor. Kindly perform a power cycle to refresh the power of the computer. To do this, follow these steps:

• Shutdown the computer.
    • After shutting it down, remove the battery (if you're using a laptop) and disconnect the computer from the charger.
    • Wait for 1 minute.
    • After 1 minute, attach the battery and turn on the computer.
    • Check if you will see the mouse cursor.

Let us know how it goes.

Argel Obm, Oct 4, 2018
  4. Missing mouse cursor style files

Cursor missing with windows 10 on minecraft

Hi,

To resolve your issue regarding missing cursor, we suggest that you follow the steps shared by
    Arun_D on this
    thread
    about updating mouse drivers.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

Missing mouse cursor style files

1. Missing mouse cursor style files - Similar Threads - Missing mouse cursor

2. missing mouse file ...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    missing mouse file ...: looking at my mouse properties I get a messageThe C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\ursors\pin_eoa.cur file , which contains the 'Location Select' cursor is either missing or corrupt.Well, it's missing.The mouse seems to be working OK....
  3. missing mouse file ...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    missing mouse file ...: looking at my mouse properties I get a messageThe C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\ursors\pin_eoa.cur file , which contains the 'Location Select' cursor is either missing or corrupt.Well, it's missing.The mouse seems to be working OK....
  4. Windows 10 Mouse Option Missing? "Cursor Speed"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Mouse Option Missing? "Cursor Speed": Hi, When going into Windows Settings/Devices/Mouse I do NOT have a "Cursor Speed" slider setting and wondering why? I only have the slider option for "Choose how many lines to scroll each time" in the body of this window On the right side of the window I also have...
  5. Custom Origami Style Cursor for Windows ("Gami")

in Windows 10 Customization
    Custom Origami Style Cursor for Windows ("Gami"): [img] Check it out here: Gami by on DeviantArt 158592
  6. Mouse cursor file missing/corrupted

Mouse cursor file missing/corrupted: Hi, Recently I noticed that I am not able to change my cursor. I went to personalize>Themes>Mouse cursor. When I clicked on "Mouse cursor" this error message pops up. I remembered that at the first day when I bought my PC I used to change my cursor into black. But no such...
  7. Laptop cursor not working and cursor file missing/corrupt

Laptop cursor not working and cursor file missing/corrupt: I'm unable to use the touchpad on my laptop and after a lot of checking on my laptop, it says that a file called "pin_eoa.cur" is either missing or corrupt. It says that it contains the "Location Select" cursor. However, whenever I use command sfc/scannow, it says all files...
  8. File explorer or mouse cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File explorer or mouse cursor: I open File explorer and just hovering over documents,downloads,videos,... etc. will make my cursor flicker between loading selecting and pointing and i've even spam clicked not on a file but just a blank page and that has made it even worse it opened windows media player. I...
  9. Mouse cursor

Mouse cursor: So this happened recently and I have spent all day trying to figure it out! My mouse cursor is constantly blinking with that hourglass symbol next to it signifying its "working in the background" I have researched it a ton and cant fix it myself. From what I've gathered there...
  10. Mouse cursor

Mouse cursor: For some reason the mouse cursor now changes to horizontal bar with arrow at each end when hovering over highligted words, I much prefer the cursor to remain an arrow head, how do stop this horizontal bar occurring? I have tried changing the pointer but whatever pointer is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 1809 mouse cursor

2. Fix mouse cursor flashing busy in Windows 10