Windows 10: missing mouse file ...

Discus and support missing mouse file ... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; looking at my mouse properties I get a messageThe C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\ursors\pin_eoa.cur file , which contains the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Bertilak, May 26, 2023.

1. Bertilak Win User

missing mouse file ...

looking at my mouse properties I get a messageThe C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\ursors\pin_eoa.cur file , which contains the 'Location Select' cursor is either missing or corrupt.Well, it's missing.The mouse seems to be working OK.

:)

Bertilak, May 26, 2023

2. Burning Files To cdr

I tried to drag a .txt file to the burn list, as suggested above, but it will not drop in. I get a message "+add to burn list" but I cannot get it to drop into the burn list. Is there another step I am missing?

CathleenBaker, May 26, 2023
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Missing mouse cursor style files

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions to get a better understanding on the issue:

• What is the current scheme selected for the pointers?
    • What happens when you change the pointer scheme to any other scheme?

However, you can follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Type 'Control Panel' on the search bar.
    2. Select the Control Panel icon and open it.
    3. Click on Mouse.
    4. Click on the Pointer tab.
    5. Click on Use Default to reset the Pointers to Default.
    6. Click on Apply and OK.

Also, I suggest you to post a screenshot of the screen to understand the issue more clearly.

NOTE: While posting the screenshot make sure you don’t have any personal information mentioned displayed.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 26, 2023
  4. missing mouse file ...

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, May 26, 2023
Thema:

missing mouse file ...

1. missing mouse file ... - Similar Threads - missing mouse file

2. missing mouse file ...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    missing mouse file ...: looking at my mouse properties I get a messageThe C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\ursors\pin_eoa.cur file , which contains the 'Location Select' cursor is either missing or corrupt.Well, it's missing.The mouse seems to be working OK....
  3. Mouse pointer missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse pointer missing: How can I find my mouse pointer? I'm not adept at using keyboard commands. Thank you to anyone who can help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer-missing/99aa122a-0358-4245-b628-6d585eb62619
  4. Mouse pointer missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse pointer missing: How can I find my mouse pointer? I'm not adept at using keyboard commands. Thank you to anyone who can help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer-missing/99aa122a-0358-4245-b628-6d585eb62619
  5. Mouse pointer missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Missing Mouse driver

Missing Mouse driver: I'm using windows 10 dell laptop yesterday when I'm working on my laptop I see my cursor was blinking I thought there is problem in mouse driver and hence I go to Device manager>mouse & other pointing devices>Update driver And after updating driver I see that the mouse...
  7. Mouse is missing from screen

Mouse is missing from screen: My mouse has disappeared from my screen. I can locate where it is by pressing the Ctrl key, but it doesn't make it reappear on my screen. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-is-missing-from-screen/0abed1f1-70da-4b82-8d60-69d76024b291
  8. Mouse cursor file missing/corrupted

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse cursor file missing/corrupted: Hi, Recently I noticed that I am not able to change my cursor. I went to personalize>Themes>Mouse cursor. When I clicked on "Mouse cursor" this error message pops up. I remembered that at the first day when I bought my PC I used to change my cursor into black. But no such...
  9. Mouse Driver missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mouse Driver missing: My windows 10 mouse driver missing. Need help to fix my mouse problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-driver-missing/54df7c0f-7025-43a8-ae77-810819c7d8cf
  10. Missing mouse cursor style files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing mouse cursor style files: After the latest Windows feature update (version 1809), I no longer have the default mouse cursor styles. These are the ones that use the hourglass when loading or busy and have the longer 'stalk' on the pointer. I can't even find the files for the style anymore in the folder...