Windows 10: Missing MS DOS and Powershell on new Laptop

Discus and support Missing MS DOS and Powershell on new Laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I bought a new Windows 10 laptop and it was initially running in S mode. I disabled the S mode as I need to download applications that are not t... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GeoffreyZakayo, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Missing MS DOS and Powershell on new Laptop

I bought a new Windows 10 laptop and it was initially running in S mode. I disabled the S mode as I need to download applications that are not t available in the Microsoft Store. I use CMD a lot in my daily activities but this computer does not have MS DOS or Powershell installed. Is there any way I can install these two applications?

:)

GeoffreyZakayo, Jul 2, 2019
  2. Kursah Win User

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Jul 2, 2019
  3. Powershell not working for new laptop

Hi Lauren,

To better understand your concern, and for us to provide you the appropriate solution, we'd like to gather some details first. May we know what are you trying to achieve by using the PowerShell tool? What pop up are you referring to? Is it an error message
    that keeps on popping up on the screen? If yes, then please provide us the error message.

In addition to that, did you recently install any programs or application on your new laptop? What are the changes prior to this?

If you haven't tried any troubleshooting steps aside from disabling and enabling the PowerShell, then you can factory reset your PC. To perform the suggested step, please refer to this article:

Recovery options in Windows 10

We're looking forward to your response.

Marque Lor, Jul 2, 2019
  4. Mark Isi Win User

Missing MS DOS and Powershell on new Laptop

PowerShell randomly poping-up in tool bar

Hello,

Just to verify, do you have any scheduled tasks that uses Powershell? Scheduled tasks makes Powershell window appear periodically on your computer, therefore we suggest that you check the Task Scheduler. Here are the steps:

• Click on Start.
    • In the search bar, type Task Scheduler and click on

Task Scheduler
      in the results.
    • Under Active Tasks, check for any tasks that use Powershell and the scheduled time.

If the issue still persist, we suggest that you run a Windows Defender scan to see if it will pick up any malware that the first scan missed.

Let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, Jul 2, 2019
Thema:

Missing MS DOS and Powershell on new Laptop

1. Missing MS DOS and Powershell on new Laptop - Similar Threads - Missing DOS Powershell

2. MS Dos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Dos: Now available MS Dos in windows 10 64 bit OS:Yes or No?See screenshoot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-dos/5c0232d2-d909-4a12-9db5-f74b0c38e274
  3. MS Dos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Dos: Now available MS Dos in windows 10 64 bit OS:Yes or No?See screenshoot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-dos/5c0232d2-d909-4a12-9db5-f74b0c38e274
  4. MS Dos

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. MS DOS folder timestamp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS DOS folder timestamp: Hello, the problem i am having is preserving android folder timestamp to windows pc. On many forums, users complain that microsoft uses decades old 8.3 filestamp convention during the MS DOS days to store folder timestamps within zip archive and there are no new developments...
  6. MS DOS folder timestamp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS DOS folder timestamp: Hello, the problem i am having is preserving android folder timestamp to windows pc. On many forums, users complain that microsoft uses decades old 8.3 filestamp convention during the MS DOS days to store folder timestamps within zip archive and there are no new developments...
  7. Ms-DOS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ms-DOS: Using MS-DOS I want to create a list of the files on Drive D on my Windows 10 PC. I know how to do this for Drive C but when I added D: it would not accept. Can you please tell me the correct typing for the path. Thank you...
  8. invincible ms dos

in Windows 10 Customization
    invincible ms dos: I use a program running in a DOS window. As long as it ran under Windows 7, the right mouse button worked as Esc and the left mouse button as Enter in this dos-window. In the current version of Windows10 32bit it no longer works - is it possible to set it up? Thank you....
  9. MS-Dos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS-Dos: How do you download MS-Dos.iso? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-dos/8fdefe74-ac15-4358-83b3-f8135c5fa4e2
  10. Invalid MS-DOS

in Windows 10 Support
    Invalid MS-DOS: Ive just done an update, and i can no longer delete anything or move anything on my desktop. So if i wanted to tidy up my desktop and put shortcuts into a folder i can no longer do this. I can no longer delete anything either. The message that comes up is invalid MS-DOS...