Windows 10: missing multimedia class scheduler

Discus and support missing multimedia class scheduler in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; its gone how do i reinstall https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-multimedia-class-scheduler/7c96ad11-05a1-4fbd-bd26-ed62ca45a1e5 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lopp, Aug 25, 2019.

1. lopp Win User

missing multimedia class scheduler

its gone how do i reinstall

:)

2. Windows 10 missing Multimedia Class Scheduler

My PC crashed and I had to reinstall my Windows 10 Home OS. After this fresh install, audio would no longer come out on my TV when I hook my laptop up via HDMI.

I looked around a few forums and found one here on the official site that suggested this step for the same problem:

=====
    c. Scroll down through the list and find the following services.
    Plug and Play

Multimedia Class Scheduler

Windows Audio Endpoint Builder

=====

The problem is, Multimedia Class Scheduler is not among the list of services.

The .sys file exists in my System32/drivers folder, at least.

Would downloading the mmcss.dll file solve my problem? All my audio and video drivers are updated, I'd been updating them repeatedly in the hopes that it would fix my problem.

LAPTOP: Asus X455LA

RegineCarandang, Aug 25, 2019
  3. Multimedia class scheduler missing from service

Turned on my computer the other day and the audio does not work. I get an error that the service in not running. When I try to start the service, I get an error:

Windows count not start Windows Audio service on Local Computer. Error 0x80070005: Access is denied.

I opened the properties of the service and noticed one of the dependencies appears to be missing. Multimedia Class Scheduler is not listed and it is not included in my list of services. I checked my registry and mmcss entry is there is there in the following
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\MMCSS

I completed the following scans, per linked instructions, with no errors generated:

SFC /SCANNOW

I have lost 'The multimedia class scheduler' from my computer, causing my audio on the computer not to work.

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Missing mmcss service after rebooting pc

I tried to reinstall the service per these instructions:

Multimedia Class Scheduler - Windows 10 Service - batcmd.com

I have tried to uninstall audio drivers and reinstall without any luck.

Finally, I tried to restore windows. However, for some reason the USB drives don't work at the "Select Keyboard" screen and I can't do a system restore.

Randy78910, Aug 25, 2019
  4. robertd50 Win User

system restore

Tried all you suggested. Did not solve problem.

Multimedia Class Scheduler wasn't listed in service. I doubt if it's critical since it's not listed on my end.

Thanks for input.

robertd50, Aug 25, 2019
Thema:

1. missing multimedia class scheduler - Similar Threads - missing multimedia class

2. How do I turn off the audio alerts associated with Multimedia Class Scheduler without...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn off the audio alerts associated with Multimedia Class Scheduler without...: All day long I keep hearing an audio alert that is not only annoying but gets included in my occasional video recordings. I keep Event Viewer alive so I can quickly check to see which app or service caused the alert. Before checking Event Viewer I make a note of the hour,...
  3. How do I turn off the audio alerts associated with Multimedia Class Scheduler without...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn off the audio alerts associated with Multimedia Class Scheduler without...: All day long I keep hearing an audio alert that is not only annoying but gets included in my occasional video recordings. I keep Event Viewer alive so I can quickly check to see which app or service caused the alert. Before checking Event Viewer I make a note of the hour,...
  4. Missing the Multimedia Class Scheduler

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing the Multimedia Class Scheduler: I have the same problem as NancyHoneycutt1 did in her now locked thread. I don't see any answers there. My problem just started July 19, 2022 with no real clues as to why, but as I was troubleshooting and trying to regain sound on my system, I found this site that suggested...
  5. Missing the Multimedia Class Scheduler

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing the Multimedia Class Scheduler: I have the same problem as NancyHoneycutt1 did in her now locked thread. I don't see any answers there. My problem just started July 19, 2022 with no real clues as to why, but as I was troubleshooting and trying to regain sound on my system, I found this site that suggested...
  6. Missing the Multimedia Class Scheduler

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Multimedia Audio Services missing

Multimedia Audio Services missing: Hi all, currently I use windows 10 Education version 2004. Audio, sound of web, mp3, gaming, ... work normally, but I saw in task scheduler have 2 task - Cache task - Multimedia sound task - When I start up 2020/07/28 19:00:00 and checked task scheduler both of them...
  8. Missing the Multimedia Class Scheduler

Missing the Multimedia Class Scheduler: Any new ideas about how to fix this ? I've tried the ones listed here and also Googled it so please help if you can. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-the-multimedia-class-scheduler/8e33d0ea-e841-4da6-91f7-17446e3f3071
  9. Printer Class Drivers Missing

Printer Class Drivers Missing: I just performed a clean install of Windows 10 Pro. None of the printer class drivers were installed. How do I install the class drivers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-class-drivers-missing/2087cdd8-9ecc-485a-8bb3-e7b37d259016
  10. Multimedia class scheduler missing from service

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multimedia class scheduler missing from service: Turned on my computer the other day and the audio does not work. I get an error that the service in not running. When I try to start the service, I get an error: Windows count not start Windows Audio service on Local Computer. Error 0x80070005: Access is denied. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 multimedia class scheduler missing

2. multimedia class scheduler install

3. why dont i have multimedia class scheduler

4. multimedia class scheduler missing windows 10,
  5. i dont have multimedia class scheduler in windows10,
  6. Multimedia Class Scheduler service is missing from win10