Windows 10: Missing navigation arrows in Explorer

Discus and support Missing navigation arrows in Explorer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This concerns the latest update to Windows 10, version 1903, OS build 18362.267, installed on 8/2/2019. The navigation arrows that reveal the contents... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Edmund LeRoy, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Missing navigation arrows in Explorer

This concerns the latest update to Windows 10, version 1903, OS build 18362.267, installed on 8/2/2019. The navigation arrows that reveal the contents of folders have disappeared completely. The only way to see the contents is to double click the folder. This is cumbersome and counterproductive, to say the least. If this is the new order of things, how do I go back to the version just before this one?

Thanks, Ed LeRoy

:)

Edmund LeRoy, Aug 4, 2019

2. Missing navigation arrows in Explorer

Sorry, but hovering doesn't work for me. Example: I click open File Explorer. On the left, under Quick Access are:

Desktop

Downloads

Documents

(etc)

I expected to see > to the left of Documents. Clicking it would reveal all the folders in Documents on the left-hand side of the screen. Each of those folders, too, would have a navigation arrow next them.

The arrows are gone, and hovering does nothing. I'm not a happy camper.

Ed

Edmund LeRoy, Sep 29, 2019
  3. Missing navigation arrows in Explorer

I owe you a HUGE apology! I was overlooking something, which the photos will show. The navigation arrows are in fact present and accounted for. When I first opened File Explorer, I saw this in the first photo below. No arrows are visible under
    Quick access.

Missing navigation arrows in Explorer 1bf551ee-db19-4eb1-a04d-c3de2a4f51a3?upload=true.png

When I click the arrow next to This PC, the contents are revealed (photo 2), and there are my
    Documents with an arrow next to it.

Missing navigation arrows in Explorer d20295e7-c134-498f-ad02-6b636676c6b8?upload=true.png

When I click that arrow, my contents show underneath, each folder with its own arrow (photo 3).

Missing navigation arrows in Explorer d86d7025-4509-4341-87f1-e1cf1e72cc73?upload=true.png

So, I'm really sorry for putting you through all this because of an idiotic oversight on my part. I appreciated very much your willingness to take the time to provide such detailed assistance. Thank you.

Ed LeRoy

Edmund LeRoy, Sep 29, 2019
  4. Missing navigation arrows in Explorer

OneDrive missing from Windows Explorer navigation pane

When I first cleaned installed Windows 10 v1809 on my machine I applied a Group Policy setting for OneDrive to Prevent the Usage of OneDrive for File Storage to ENABLED. Of course, that would remove the OneDrive from the left side navigation pane within Windows File Explorer. But now, I set the Group Policy back to NOT CONFIGURED, rebooted the machine and the OneDrive is still missing from the the left side of the Windows File Explorer navigation pane as shown in my image. I even performed the command GPUPDATE /FORCE.

My laptop is a standalone, not part of a Domain.

I tried all the things listed from the article below but with no luck. I also was able to sign in with my OneDrive account and that was all fine and OneDrive appeared on the File Explorer pane. But once I UNLINKED my account from OneDrive, the OneDrive was still missing.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...8-b74545c7f4da

Even if no Group Policies are set, and even NOT signing into OneDrive, by default, the OneDrive icon should still appear on the left side navigation pane when launching Windows File Explorer.

And suggestions?

My guess is to recreate my user profile, but I don't really want to do that now.

win10freak, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

Missing navigation arrows in Explorer

1. Missing navigation arrows in Explorer - Similar Threads - Missing navigation arrows

2. Restored favorites link in file explorer navigation pane missing dropdown arrow Windows 10,...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restored favorites link in file explorer navigation pane missing dropdown arrow Windows 10,...: I've restored the favorites link in the file explorer navigation pane in Windows 10 with a registry tweak, however there is no arrow or dropdown menu effectively making it useless. I've done so much searching on how to fix this issue but it seems nobody else has ever come...
  3. Explorer Navigation with arrows selecting objects

Explorer Navigation with arrows selecting objects: Hello,in the explorer Win + E I navigate through folders pretty often with the arrow keys. When opening a folder with the key 'enter', no object is selected. When pressing the arrow 'down', the second object gets selected. Why not the first one? Because of this I alway have...
  4. Explorer Navigation with arrows selecting objects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer Navigation with arrows selecting objects: Hello,in the explorer Win + E I navigate through folders pretty often with the arrow keys. When opening a folder with the key 'enter', no object is selected. When pressing the arrow 'down', the second object gets selected. Why not the first one? Because of this I alway have...
  5. Explorer Navigation with arrows selecting objects

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. OneDrive missing from Navigation Pane in File Explorer

OneDrive missing from Navigation Pane in File Explorer: Hello, OneDrive is missing from Navigation Pane in File Explorer and I cannot bring it back. I already tried: Uninstall from control panel -> reinstall Unlink this PC -> relink Various registry editing methods Running %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset...
  7. Missing essential navigation in File Explorer in Windows 10.

Missing essential navigation in File Explorer in Windows 10.: Again! This issue was asked and Microsoft said it's a bug and sorry! The thread is closed question answered. Here's the finger! --I found a number of people who have the same problem. and I repeat, but with a couple changes. I updated my PC a few minutes ago, and now my File...
  8. File explorer navigation

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer navigation: Hi, Id just like some feedback from other users on how you close File Explorer down when you've finished using it. When you have finished accessing a file or folder in File Explorer when you close it you'll see that the file is still selected (highlighted in blue). At that...
  9. OneDrive missing from Windows Explorer navigation pane

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive missing from Windows Explorer navigation pane: When I first cleaned installed Windows 10 v1809 on my machine I applied a Group Policy setting for OneDrive to Prevent the Usage of OneDrive for File Storage to ENABLED. Of course, that would remove the OneDrive from the left side navigation pane within Windows File Explorer....
  10. Drives missing from File Explorer's Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drives missing from File Explorer's Navigation Pane: Hello, As shown below there are 2 drives missing from the Navigation Pane (vertical bar on the left of the File Explorer). How do I show them up there? Thanks in advance. [img] 31049