Windows 10: Missing Network Adapter after Updating WIndows 10 - ASUS Laptop X407MA

Discus and support Missing Network Adapter after Updating WIndows 10 - ASUS Laptop X407MA in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, i've been using my laptop fine for a day, when i update the windows. The next time i open the laptop, it can't connect to wifi. I checked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SayyidaNadhira, Dec 24, 2018.

1. Missing Network Adapter after Updating WIndows 10 - ASUS Laptop X407MA

Hello,

i've been using my laptop fine for a day, when i update the windows. The next time i open the laptop, it can't connect to wifi. I checked Device Manager and the network adapter is missing.

These are what i've tried:​

1. Troubleshoot Network
    2. Downloading network adapter driver from Asus website, but it's in zip file (not an .exe) so i can not install it
    3. Searching around for .exe file but didnt find any.
    4. System Reset
    5. Network Reset
    6. System Reset from BIOS

Nothing works.

Would somebody help me?

Thank you

:)

SayyidaNadhira, Dec 24, 2018

2. Windows 10 Network Adapter for Asus Taichi 31 not there

Hi Thomas,

I see that you are facing issues with Wi-Fi on your laptop.

Please follow the below methods and check if it helps,

Method 1. Run Network adaptor trouble shooter

You may try Microsoft Automated Troubleshooting Services as a first step to diagnose and repair common Network issues.

To run the trouble shooter follow the steps given below

• Press Windows key+ X key, Select Control Panel.
    • Click on Troubleshooting, Click View All.
    • Click Network Adaptor and follow the instructions

Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the network adaptors from manufacturer website.

Drivers may show an updated status but it’s recommended to download all the drivers for Windows 10 from the manufacturer.

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

1. On the search bar type “Device Manager.

2. On the left pane locate “Network Adapter” and expand by clicking on it.

3. Right on the “Network Adapter” option and click “Uninstall’.

4. Download the latest Network adapter driver setup file from the
    manufacturer’s website and install it.

Method 3: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article
    “Fix network connection issues” and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Dec 24, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Network Adapter for Asus Taichi 31 not there

Upgraded to windows 10 a while ago now, but recently my laptop (Asus Taichi 31) stopped connecting to wifi with the error message:

Install a driver for your network adapter - windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter. If you have a network adapter you will need to re-install the driver.

I tried downloading a network driver but it hasn't worked and I don't want to risk getting viruses by downloading heaps of stuff from random websites. My ethernet cord still works fine its just the wifi so any suggestions on what to do?

ThomasSandersUG, Dec 24, 2018
  4. Missing Network Adapter after Updating WIndows 10 - ASUS Laptop X407MA

network adapters

Hi, Michael.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per my understanding, you may be facing an issue with your driver updates.

I suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if it helps you resolve your issue.

Method 1: Network troubleshooting

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooting”
        • Click on “Network and Internet”
        • Click on “Network Adapter” and run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Download and install the latest firmware updates for the Network adapter

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

• On the search bar type “ Device Manager”
    • On the left pane locate “Network Adapter” and expand by clicking on it
    • Right on the “ Network driver” option and click “Uninstall’
    • Download the latest Wireless network adapter driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community

Vanessa Sohtun, Dec 24, 2018
Thema:

Missing Network Adapter after Updating WIndows 10 - ASUS Laptop X407MA

1. Missing Network Adapter after Updating WIndows 10 - ASUS Laptop X407MA - Similar Threads - Missing Network Adapter

2. Asus A407MA X407MA keeps BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus A407MA X407MA keeps BSOD: I just upgrade my devices to windows 11 since I used to have notification to get an update to the newest windows when I'm using windows 10,But the problem happen after it, I'm also upgrade my storage and ram, but suddenly I'm always experience bsod, too often for daily usage...
  3. Asus A407MA X407MA keeps BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus A407MA X407MA keeps BSOD: I just upgrade my devices to windows 11 since I used to have notification to get an update to the newest windows when I'm using windows 10,But the problem happen after it, I'm also upgrade my storage and ram, but suddenly I'm always experience bsod, too often for daily usage...
  4. Missing network adapter after windows update!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing network adapter after windows update!!: Out of nowhere windows can't find can't test my "virtual" network adapter. No idea what that means. Internet in home is fine. I rebooted and the Jul windows update started and completed. No change to my wireless issue. Model: Lenovo yoga 6 CB c...
  5. Missing network adapter after windows update!!

Missing network adapter after windows update!!: Out of nowhere windows can't find can't test my "virtual" network adapter. No idea what that means. Internet in home is fine. I rebooted and the Jul windows update started and completed. No change to my wireless issue. Model: Lenovo yoga 6 CB c...
  6. adapted network missing?

adapted network missing?: Well my brother's laptop turn on without any available wifi so i thought that was a normal until i restarted it 3 4 times and it didn't work. I have already tried for the command prompt netsh, netconfig, and more but none of them work, i dont know what to do now, pls help....
  7. Network adapter missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network adapter missing: I am using a hp laptop n suddenly when i opened my laptop to connect to internet there was no wifi option just ethernet n airplane mode To check i opened device manager there the wireless adapter was there but it showed not connected So i tried to uninstall the adapter...
  8. Network adapter MISSING!!

Network adapter MISSING!!: Hi, It's been a month since I bought my second hand PC it's a ThinkPad L440 and from the time it has come I've been facing many problems with the wireless network adapter. I have updated all the drivers and it is surely not a problem from any windows update because the...
  9. Network Adapter missing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Network Adapter missing in Windows 10: [ATTACH]The Network Adapter is a crucial device for the smooth running of network connections on the Windows operating system. It is sometimes referred to as […] This article Network Adapter missing in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  10. Network adapter missing in windows 10

Network adapter missing in windows 10: I have been struggling without internet on my laptop, I can't connect to wifi and ethernet at all because of my system not reading the adaptors, I tried re installing the adaptors but it didn't work, I tried network reset and it also didn't work, can you help me with this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus x407ma network driver

2. x407ma laptop unstable wireless adapter not showing up

3. asus laptop network adapter missing

4. missing network adapter asus,
  5. asus x407ma wifi problem,
  6. asus x407ma after windows 10 update wireless lan hardward cant detect